• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Substitute for Egg White in Taco Ring Recipe?

In summary, there are several options that can be used as a substitute for egg whites in a recipe, such as aquafaba, flax or chia seeds, or a commercial egg replacer. To replace one egg white, typically 3 tablespoons of aquafaba can be used, but it's always best to start with a smaller amount and add more as needed. Applesauce can also be used as a substitute, but it may add a slight apple flavor and change the texture of the dish. When using these substitutes, no adjustments to the baking time or temperature are usually necessary, but it's always a good idea to keep an eye on the dish. Egg whites from a carton can also be used, but the texture
floccies
Hosts husband is allergic to egg and we have agreed on the Taco Ring. Is there a substitue for brushing the egg white on the dough? or just make it without?

You can brush it with a little milk too. Or a little melted butter when it comes out of the oven.

floccies said:
Hosts husband is allergic to egg and we have agreed on the Taco Ring. Is there a substitue for brushing the egg white on the dough? or just make it without?

I Never use the egg on any of my recipes...HTH :D

The egg is mainly for looks anyway when it's being brushed on a crust, not so much the taste.

Hi there! As a fellow Pampered Chef consultant, I completely understand your situation. It can be challenging to accommodate allergies when it comes to our delicious recipes. Luckily, there are a few options for substituting the egg white in the Taco Ring recipe.One option is to use a vegan egg substitute, such as aquafaba (the liquid from a can of chickpeas) or a commercial egg replacer. These substitutes can be brushed onto the dough just like an egg white, and will provide a similar binding and browning effect.Another option is to simply skip the egg wash altogether. While the egg white does add a nice shine and crispness to the dough, it is not necessary for the overall flavor and texture of the Taco Ring.Regardless of which option you choose, I'm sure your Taco Ring will still turn out delicious and your host and her husband will appreciate your efforts to accommodate their allergy. Happy cooking!

1. What can I use as a substitute for egg whites in a recipe?

There are a few options you can use as a substitute for egg whites, such as aquafaba (the liquid from a can of chickpeas), flax or chia seeds, or a commercial egg replacer. Each option may have a slightly different effect on the texture and flavor of your dish, so be sure to choose the one that best fits your needs.

2. How much aquafaba should I use to replace one egg white?

Typically, 3 tablespoons of aquafaba can replace one egg white in a recipe. However, this may vary depending on the brand and consistency of the chickpea liquid. It's always best to start with a smaller amount and add more as needed.

3. Can I use applesauce as a substitute for egg whites?

Applesauce can be used as a substitute for egg whites in some recipes, but keep in mind that it may add a slight apple flavor and change the texture of the dish. It works best in cakes, muffins, and quick breads. Use 1/4 cup of applesauce for each egg white in the recipe.

4. Do I need to adjust the baking time or temperature when using a substitute for egg whites?

In most cases, no adjustments to the baking time or temperature are needed when using substitutes for egg whites. However, it's always a good idea to keep an eye on your dish and make any necessary adjustments based on how it's cooking.

5. Can I use egg whites from a carton as a substitute for fresh egg whites?

Yes, egg whites from a carton can be used as a substitute for fresh egg whites. However, keep in mind that the texture and flavor may be slightly different, and you may need to adjust the amount used in the recipe. Always check the label to ensure the product is 100% egg whites with no added ingredients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SandyG
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cwinter474
Replies
Views
yourpcgal
  • heykim00
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies