• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Need a Sub for Jamaican Jerk Rub?

In summary, there are various options for substituting Jamaican Jerk Rub, such as Cajun seasoning, curry powder, or a combination of cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and thyme. If you don't have all the necessary ingredients, you can use a pre-made jerk seasoning blend or a marinade designed for Jamaican-style dishes. To make a healthier version, you can use low-sodium soy sauce, reduce the amount of sugar or use a sugar substitute, and use olive oil instead of vegetable oil. Jamaican Jerk Rub is traditionally used on grilled meats, but can also be used on vegetables, tofu, or as a seasoning for rice or beans. It is known for its spicy and bold flavor, but the
flemings99
Gold Member
HO lead is looking for rub, which I have but live 30 min. away. She needs it yesterday and is looking for a sub. Does anyone know one?

Thanks.

Sorry, I can't help. It is a great rub that I think we have the market on. Good luck.

Bummer is gal already has a consultant?!!? She hadn't heard back from her so decided to go the lead route and was upset I live so far away.

I substitute the chipotle rub in recipes that call for the Jamacian Jerk and it always tastes good to me!

flemings99 said:
HO lead is looking for rub, which I have but live 30 min. away. She needs it yesterday and is looking for a sub. Does anyone know one?

Thanks.

She can't need it that badly if she is not willing to meet you to pick it up. It is a $4 sale. Move on and let her google a recipe for the seasoning.

1. Can I use any type of seasoning as a substitute for Jamaican Jerk Rub?

Yes, you can use a variety of seasonings as a substitute for Jamaican Jerk Rub. Some options include Cajun seasoning, curry powder, or a combination of cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and thyme.

2. What if I don't have all the ingredients to make my own Jamaican Jerk Rub?

If you don't have all the necessary ingredients to make Jamaican Jerk Rub, you can try using a pre-made jerk seasoning blend or a marinade specifically designed for Jamaican-style dishes.

3. Can I make a healthier version of Jamaican Jerk Rub?

Yes, you can make a healthier version of Jamaican Jerk Rub by using low-sodium soy sauce, reducing the amount of sugar or using a sugar substitute, and using olive oil instead of vegetable oil.

4. What dishes can I use Jamaican Jerk Rub on?

Jamaican Jerk Rub is traditionally used on grilled meats such as chicken, pork, and fish. However, you can also use it on vegetables, tofu, or as a seasoning for rice or beans.

5. Is Jamaican Jerk Rub spicy?

Yes, Jamaican Jerk Rub typically has a spicy and bold flavor. However, you can adjust the amount of heat by adding more or less cayenne pepper or using a milder chili pepper.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• butler4604
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
butler4604
  • flemings99
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • esavvymom