• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Is there a substitute for Jamaican Jerk Rub?

In summary, the Jamaican Jerk Rub is a blend of spices and herbs, including allspice, thyme, garlic, and scotch bonnet peppers. It also contains salt, sugar, and other natural flavors. It has a medium level of heat but can be adjusted. It can be used on vegetarian dishes and should be stored in a cool, dry place. It is versatile and can be used on a variety of dishes, including chicken, pork, fish, and beef.
flemings99
Gold Member
Is there a substitute for the Jamaican Jerk Rub, teammate has a show & is out?

Thanks.

email the test kitchens

DebbieJ said:
email the test kitchens

Duh--why didn't I think of that :yuck:

Will post what I find out.

Hello Barbara,
Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef Test Kitchens. We apologize,
but we do not have a substitute for the Jamaican Jerk Rub.

Tracy

Here is a link to Allrecipes - there are a couple jerk rub recipes on there:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Jerk-Seasoning/Detail.aspx

What ingredients are in the Jamaican Jerk Rub?

The Jamaican Jerk Rub is made with a blend of spices and herbs, including allspice, thyme, garlic, and scotch bonnet peppers. It also contains salt, sugar, and other natural flavors for a well-rounded taste.

Is the Jamaican Jerk Rub spicy?

Yes, the Jamaican Jerk Rub has a medium level of heat. It is made with scotch bonnet peppers, which are known for their spiciness. However, the heat can be adjusted by using less or more of the rub in your dish.

Can I use the Jamaican Jerk Rub for vegetarian dishes?

Yes, the Jamaican Jerk Rub is a versatile seasoning that can be used on a variety of dishes, including vegetarian options. It adds a delicious flavor to grilled vegetables, tofu, and plant-based proteins.

How should I store the Jamaican Jerk Rub?

The Jamaican Jerk Rub should be stored in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight. It is best to keep it in an airtight container or the original packaging. This will help maintain its freshness and flavor for longer.

What dishes can I use the Jamaican Jerk Rub on?

The Jamaican Jerk Rub is perfect for adding a Caribbean twist to a variety of dishes. It goes well with chicken, pork, fish, and even beef. It can also be used in marinades, sauces, and rubs for grilling, roasting, or slow cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
HockeyLover
  • Dotty
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies