• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with the Frustration of Changing Phone Numbers - Our Move to a New Home

In summary, someone gave Sonia's husband and her new Comcast phone number to a customer service representative and now everything is messed up. Sonia is going to call that person and get her correct number.
Sonia_J
Hi everyone

So my husband and i moved here a year ago and never got a local number. which is really annoying I know but have been using our cellphones from WI since we have a great plan and aren't roaming.
ANYWAY
We just moved into our first home and I called comcast to set up a new phone line since i wanted something I could use especially for PC.
So we set it up and i put the new # on EVERYTHING. I made a newsletter with the number, a new label with our new address and said to put it on their catalog or receipt, I made copies of the holiday under $10 w/ the # and a few other holiday things that I sent in a mass mailing to about 60 people.
Saturday the phone people came to set up service where we were leaving! So after about 40 minutes of customer service blahblah we had to reschedule. they called today and said they could come out tomorrow but I had to have a new number since they had given away the one they originally gave me.
I WASTED all this ink! And i have all this stuff out in the mail already!!! I just want to cry.

sonia

I totally know how you feel! When we moved into our new house last August, I went through the SAME thing with AT&T (which had to arrange stuff through SBC since it was new phone service because we're in a new house), who totally screwed around with this. :mad: It took them at least three times to get it right. I have two phone lines and they totally screwed things up with my business line. Luckily I waited until everything was finalized before ordering business cards, etc because I just had a bad feeling. I wish I could have warned you!!!!! Well, maybe you can call that person and give them your correct number since they'd likely be getting some calls. What a bummer! I feel for you. :(

Thats a good idea Becky! Sonia, who knows maybe the person who got your # would be intersted in having a show too. Then if people call her/him, she/he can refer them to you and tell them you are an awesome consultant and that your # was changed but that she or he would be happy to give them your new #. Just call that person and explain the situation to them, that way they wont get annoyed if/when they start getting phone calls galore!

1. What are "stupid phone numbers"?

"Stupid phone numbers" are fake phone numbers that are often used in advertisements or movies. They usually consist of a series of repeated digits or easy-to-remember patterns.

2. Why are they called "stupid"?

They are called "stupid" because they are not actual working phone numbers and cannot be used to make real phone calls. They are simply used for entertainment or advertising purposes.

3. Can I use a "stupid phone number" as my actual phone number?

No, "stupid phone numbers" are not valid and cannot be used as real phone numbers. They do not follow the standard numbering format required for functioning phone numbers.

4. Are there any benefits to using a "stupid phone number" in advertising?

Some people believe that using a memorable or catchy "stupid phone number" in advertising can help with brand recognition and make it easier for customers to remember the number. However, it is not a reliable or professional way to promote a business.

5. How can I generate my own "stupid phone number"?

There are many online tools and generators available that can generate random "stupid phone numbers" for you. However, keep in mind that they are not actual phone numbers and cannot be used for any practical purposes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
cincychef
  • chefann