• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Are German Home Based Business Licenses Too Restrictive?

In summary, the conversation discussed the struggles of Home Based Business owners in Germany due to strict rules and misinformation being given out by the person responsible for issuing business licenses. The speaker had a conversation with the legal department to address these issues and found a solution by re-educating the person in charge. The conversation also touched on the importance of being open to learning and admitting when one is wrong.
Sheila
Gold Member
So even though they are not in my downline, I'm trying my best to make life in Germany better for all Home Based Business people. One of the bases (Hoeschele) is telling people that they can't drive their car to do a show and they can't go into other people's homes to do a show. :veryfunny:

I just spent 20 minutes on the phone with the legal department for that base & we walked through the crazy rules that are being given out to these people as they apply for a Home Based Business License. The Sgt that I was talking to saw my point of view and agrees that it sounds like the person handing out the business licenses needs to be re-educated on the rules.

He's asked that I send the person I've been communicating with up to his office so they can sit down with her & get ALL the details of what she was told, re-view the rules & then go re-educate the right people to alleviate any more wrong info being given out in the future.

Right now, it's basically "Yes, you can have a business license, you just can't do anything with it ..." mentality. :grumpy:

It amazes me how adamant uneducated people can be sometimes. You don't know what you don't know. And if you have enough people looking at you scratching their head because what you are saying sounds weird, why would you not go do some research to see if what you are saying is right/wrong? :rolleyes: No one is perfect. We all make mistakes. I just don't get why some people truly believe that they are NEVER wrong and are too hard headed to make sure that they know what they are talking about.

I'll get off my soapbox now. ;)

But I'm glad that I was able to help get the right information out there and hopefully make it easier for future Home Based Business owners.

Hey there,I completely understand your frustration with the misinformation that is being spread about Home Based Business in Germany. It's great that you took the initiative to contact the legal department and try to address the issue. It's important for everyone to have accurate information in order to succeed in their business.It's unfortunate that some people can be so stubborn and refuse to admit when they are wrong. It's always better to do some research and make sure you have all the facts before spreading false information.I hope that the meeting with the legal department will clear things up and help to educate those who are giving out incorrect information. Keep standing up for what you believe in and trying to make things better for all Home Based Business people in Germany.Best of luck!Sincerely,

What does "Stupid Is as Stupid Does..." mean?

"Stupid Is as Stupid Does..." is a famous proverb that means actions speak louder than words. It suggests that a person's true intelligence or stupidity is revealed through their actions, rather than their words or appearance.

Who coined the phrase "Stupid Is as Stupid Does..."?

The phrase "Stupid Is as Stupid Does..." was popularized by the character Forrest Gump in the 1994 film of the same name. However, the origin of the phrase is uncertain, with some attributing it to the American author Mark Twain.

What is the message behind "Stupid Is as Stupid Does..."?

The message behind "Stupid Is as Stupid Does..." is that one's true intelligence or stupidity is not determined by their perceived intelligence or knowledge, but by their actions and behavior. It encourages people to judge others based on their actions rather than their appearance or words.

How can I apply the phrase "Stupid Is as Stupid Does..." in my life?

You can apply the phrase "Stupid Is as Stupid Does..." in your life by remembering to not judge others based on their appearance or perceived intelligence, but by their actions. It also reminds you to think before you act and to be mindful of your own behavior and actions.

Is "Stupid Is as Stupid Does..." a derogatory phrase?

No, "Stupid Is as Stupid Does..." is not a derogatory phrase. It is a proverb that aims to remind people to not judge others based on their appearance or perceived intelligence, but by their actions. It is not meant to be offensive or insulting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Sheila
  • sailortena
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pchefmomof2
  • lockhartkitchen
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies