• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant Are German Home Based Business Regulations Causing More Harm Than Good?

In summary, despite the restrictions imposed by the government, some Home Based Business people are still trying to make life better for themselves and others in Germany. One of the bases (Hoeschele) is giving people the wrong information about what they are allowed to do with their licenses, and Karen is fighting to get the right information to the people in charge.
Sheila
Gold Member
So even though they are not in my downline, I'm trying my best to make life in Germany better for all Home Based Business people. One of the bases (Hoeschele) is telling people that they can't drive their car to do a show and they can't go into other people's homes to do a show.
veryfunny.gif

I just spent 20 minutes on the phone with the legal department for that base & we walked through the crazy rules that are being given out to these people as they apply for a Home Based Business License. The Sgt that I was talking to saw my point of view and agrees that it sounds like the person handing out the business licenses needs to be re-educated on the rules.

He's asked that I send the person I've been communicating with up to his office so they can sit down with her & get ALL the details of what she was told, re-view the rules & then go re-educate the right people to alleviate any more wrong info being given out in the future.

Right now, it's basically "Yes, you can have a business license, you just can't do anything with it ..." mentality. :grumpy:

It amazes me how adamant uneducated people can be sometimes. You don't know what you don't know. And if you have enough people looking at you scratching their head because what you are saying sounds weird, why would you not go do some research to see if what you are saying is right/wrong? :rolleyes: No one is perfect. We all make mistakes. I just don't get why some people truly believe that they are NEVER wrong and are too hard headed to make sure that they know what they are talking about.

I'll get off my soapbox now. ;)

Some people are just so oblivious to what's going on around them, or are so wrapped up in themselves that they can't see that kind of stuff.

Good for you for fighting for the right thing!

When in doubt, ask ... right? I just think all people should have that thought process. LOL

too many times the higher ups just don't "want to get involved" so thankful you were able to find someone who listened!!!
thanks for helping all those frustrated consultants!!!!!

Sheila said:
When in doubt, ask ... right? I just think all people should have that thought process. LOL

But when you don't doubt yourself...

Thanks for doing all this Sheila - you rock!!!Karen

I suppose they can have underground parties like churches do in countries where there is persecution.And see if they like that! If you compare them to the governments that don't let people do anything, then maybe they'll see the light!

Underground parties ... LOL Is that kind of like the underground railroad? Bwahaha! I could see these poor consultants smuggling in the guests. You're welcome Karen. I actually had a 2nd request from Ramstein. Sorry it took so long to follow up for your girl. Hubby's visit last month got me distracted & I'm finally back on track! LOL

That is so ridiculous! You're such an awesome director! That's great that you'll get on the phone internationally and get things done. Grr! military life can be SO FRUSTRATING! What, with these stupid "rules" and the mail?

Awe, thanks Zaneta! :D

I would never suggest an underground anything in Germany! Remember, that got us a war with them! It is amazing how stubborn some people are in their stupidity. I have to applaud you Sheila as you are stepping in again and fighting for some thing you believe in.

Awe, thanks! Yes, it's in my nature to be an advocate & fight for injustice. I've never been able to tolerate seeing people be mistreated. It drives me batty to see someone abusing their position of authority an picking on someone else. And I've seen a lot of that being on a military base. A lot of them tend to get that GOD complex and start talking down to anyone that they can. It really irks me. ;)

We are having a problem with this at our base in Germany as well. We are being told we need to pay German taxes and get a german business license if we are doing shows off base. And also can't use our APO's for business transactions and also POV's and they can take our rights away (its happened to a few ppl already). Its more the customs people are putting a lock down on home businesses. I know alot of spouses that are photographers or make products that are having to do it underground and taking "donations". Alot of the spouses I know that sell Partylite are just continuing on. We are leaving in 6 months so I just tell ppl I'll do a catalog show or if they want a reg party put things up and do a recipe beforehand and will talk to them about the products.
This has been an ongoing battle for awhile at all bases in Germany I believe, I know at least her and up at Ramstein.

I highly recommend that you go talk to legal. I'm not sure where the misinterpretation came in about the cars. That's never been an issue in Japan. When I told the guy at the legal office on Hoeschele that people who do not have suspended/revoked drivers license privileges and have all the necessary insurance/inspection/insurance/base stickers ... shouldn't be told when they can & can't drive a vehicle that they have purchased. He agreed.As for the taxes, the Japan rule is that PC doesn't sell to the Japanese, therefore we are covered by US rules. If we made haribows, went to the vendor events & sold to the Japanese, we would be susceptible to owing/paying taxes to the Japanese Government. Because those people are actually building a self-owned business, making the product and selling to the locals. But PC, PartyLite, Scentsy, Tupperware, etc do not alter the product. If we are taking/submitting the orders to the company & the company is filling the orders & shipping it directly to the US Customer, those purchases fall under SOFA status. If we were importing the goods and selling them to the Japanese for a profit, THEN we would have to pay import taxes and file a local tax return.I'm trying to get it fixed for you guys! But I can't do it all from here. Go talk to your legal department (print out this info if you need to to help make your case) and hopefully they'll use a little common sense and realize that we are not making/selling for a profit ... we are representing a company who's supplying the product & just making a commission off the sale from the company, not directly from the customer.

pampered1224 said:
I would never suggest an underground anything in Germany! Remember, that got us a war with them!

Haha OMG! IDK if you were trying to make a joke, but it made me laugh! ;)

Thanks Sheila thats why we love you :)

Thats what we were trying to explain to people if for companies like ours we can only sell to Americans since there are actual German Consultants so we can not sell to them.

You're welcome! :D

What is "Stupid Is as Stupid Does ..."?

"Stupid Is as Stupid Does ..." is a cooking class offered by Pampered Chef that focuses on simple and easy recipes for everyday meals.

Do I need any cooking experience to attend this class?

No, this class is designed for all levels of cooking experience. Our consultants will guide you through the recipes and techniques step by step.

What types of recipes will be taught in this class?

The recipes in "Stupid Is as Stupid Does ..." class are simple and easy-to-follow, perfect for busy individuals or families. They include dishes like one-pot meals, sheet pan dinners, and quick and easy desserts.

Can I purchase Pampered Chef products at this class?

Yes, our consultants will have a selection of Pampered Chef products available for purchase at the class. You can also place orders through them for any products you are interested in.

Are there any special ingredients or equipment needed for this class?

No, the recipes in this class use common ingredients and basic kitchen equipment that most people already have. Our consultants can also recommend alternative ingredients and equipment if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • quiverfull7