• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Stuffed Zucchini Recipe - Perfect for Dinner Tonight!

S
sfdavis918
I am posting this here because it is for dinner tonight, not for a show. :D

I am going to make some stuffed zucchini tonight and want to mix some Italian seasoning in 1lb of hamburger. How much should I use? Also how long do you think the zucchini should cook for?

Thanks for any help. I am so useless when it comes to cooking without a recipe!!

I love stuffed zucchini
I scoop the middle of mine out a little, steam them for a few minutes in salted water and drain them well.

Then I brown Italian sausage, onion, garlic and my Italian seasoning.
I add some fresh grated parmesan and mix in a jar of pizza sauce (or tomato sauce) & a can of mushrooms I fill the "zucchini boats" bake and top with mozzarella or Italian cheese blend.

Hi there! I'm so glad you're trying out a stuffed zucchini recipe for dinner tonight. It's definitely a delicious and healthy option. As for the Italian seasoning, I would recommend starting with about 1 tablespoon and adjusting to taste. Depending on the brand, you may want to add more or less. As for cooking time, it really depends on the size of your zucchini and how stuffed they are. I would say anywhere from 20-30 minutes at 375 degrees should do the trick, but always check for doneness by poking the zucchini with a fork. Happy cooking!

1. How much Italian seasoning should I use in 1lb of hamburger for the stuffed zucchini?

The amount of Italian seasoning used will depend on personal preference and taste. As a general guideline, 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning per 1lb of hamburger should be enough to add flavor without overpowering the dish. You can always adjust the amount to your liking.

2. How long should I cook the stuffed zucchini for?

Cooking time for stuffed zucchini will vary depending on the size of the zucchini and the type of filling used. As a general rule, the zucchini should be cooked until the filling is heated through and the zucchini is tender, which can take approximately 20-30 minutes in the oven at 375°F. It is always recommended to check the zucchini for doneness by inserting a fork into the flesh to ensure it is cooked to your liking.

3. Can I substitute the hamburger for a different type of meat?

Yes, you can use any type of ground meat for this recipe. Ground turkey, chicken, or even sausage would all work well in this dish. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly as different meats may require different cooking times.

4. Can I make this dish ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the stuffed zucchini ahead of time and store it in the fridge until you are ready to cook it. Keep in mind that the zucchini may release some excess water during storage, so make sure to drain it before cooking. You may also need to increase the cooking time slightly if the zucchini has been refrigerated.

5. Can I freeze the stuffed zucchini for later?

Yes, you can freeze the uncooked stuffed zucchini for later. Just make sure to wrap each individual zucchini tightly in plastic wrap before placing it in a freezer-safe bag or container. When you are ready to cook it, let it thaw in the fridge before following the cooking instructions. Keep in mind that freezing may affect the texture of the zucchini, so it may not be as firm as fresh zucchini.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Amanda_RI
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda_RI
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
CookingwithMary
  • crystalscookingnow