• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recovering from Illness: Ideas for Late Bookings

In summary, the conversation revolved around the speaker's recent health issues that resulted in missed shows and the need for new ideas to boost sales for February. Suggestions were made, including reaching out to potential hosts, offering a Super Bowl sale or mystery host show, and promoting the new products coming out in March. The speaker also shared a creative idea for booking shows by using Valentine's hearts with rewards attached. The conversation ended with well wishes for the speaker's speedy recovery.
pampered1224
Silver Member
Had to be off for the last 6 weeks. I got ill on December 16th and was in the hospital until the 23rd. Got worse and was back in on the 30th until the 6th. Bummer of a New Year's eve to say the least! But I still have recooperating to do and my doctor does not want me on my leg for extended periods of time, (like three hours doing a show), until after the end of February. I missed January completely. I was on some powerful drugs so I did not make sense all the time so I did not try to book any shows. (I knew I was bad because I was on the phone with my mom and she could not figure out why I wanted to put a basketball in the oven on 350 for 43 hours. One heck of a weird recipe!) Plus I had no idea how long I would be laid up. (I got an infection in my leg called celulitis. I do not think I spelled that right but... it is major.)
So I have three catalog shows booked for February and do not seem to be able to get past that number and with double points, well...
Any ideas especially this late in the game?

Hi John,

So sorry about your health issues!

All I can suggest is to start making the calls from your list of 100.

Keep us posted, OK?

John,
I am so sorry to hear about your leg. That stuff is nothing to play with. I am glad you are doing better though. Sounds like you had a pretty rough end to 2005. I am not really good with coming up with ideas like this ( that's why I am here ;) ) but what about doing an email or phone Super Bowl Sale? You could offer different percentages off at certain times or put certain products on sale at certain times. I am thinking of doing this to help out my February totals. I REALLY want that trip! What about asking a few co-worker's for help and making it a Mystery Host Show? You could either give one person all the benefits or divide them up. I am in the process of offering our Fundraiser to my daughter's Food Science teacher. Is there a high school or technical school near you that might benefit from some extra kitchen tools? What about a Church Fundraiser to help stock their kitchen? These are all ideas that I read on here. I also like the idea of the "Book to Look" that someone posted here. It might not work for you, but maybe you could find a way to adapt it. Here is what I am going to do. For my February shows I am making up pink, purple, white Valentine's hearts ( like the message hearts ), putting the items that they can "earn" from me on the back, and attaching them with tape to my Valentine's tablecloth. Then I am writing messages on the front to look like the message hearts. People get to pick one off when they book a show. My twist is that I am going to put different levels on the back. I will have an item for each dollar level that they can earn. The levels will run from $150.00 to $600.00. This way they can get something free no matter what their show total. I haven't figured out exactly what I am going to do for shows over $600.00 yet :confused: But maybe you could make this work with your catalog show. Maybe when you give them their receipts you can attach a heart ( football or whatever ) to their receipt with a "Host a show with me and get something free" message on it along with what they can get toencourage them to book catalog shows, at least for now. Hopefully it will spur more kitchen shows too. I hope thinks makes sense. I have been typing and listening to Dora the Explorer with my little ones. So I apologize if it doesn't make as much sense reading this as it does as I am thinking about it. I hope I helped more than confused you. Good luck and I hope your leg heals fast.
Beth

I would call potential hosts and really talk up the new cookware and the new products coming out in March. Maybe you can have your own Spring preview show and invite a ton of people. You can to a regular demo and show all the new products coming out. Maybe offer a little gift for anyone who books a show. The new italian theme shows look neat. You could always offer something like that. Good luck and hope you feel better soon.

Offer an incentive to the catalog host you have give them something for getting bookings for you. I give $5 gift certificate for every show booked during their show and held. Meaning the Hostess doesn't get her gift certificate till their friends show.

Also offer a small incentive for holding a catalog show in Feb. something cheap (around $10) them use their host discount to purchase it for them on their order. You could also do the 14 days of christmas for Feb. you get this item for this price at your show., or you the date you book is how much extra free product you will get at your show.

One thing I am working on is free drawing boxes to put in store etc. Then everyone one who enters will get a phone call from me saying you have won a free cooking show.

Contact your old customers to tell them about all the products going away and the new cookware line. Don't give away any info on the new products that way they won't hold off till March to have a show.

Give your own show in Feb. Mystery host show are lots of fun, they have to buy to win.

Just a few ideas :)

Drawing boxes??Do you mean like the ones that give away a free week at a gym or a free trip? Are we allowed to do that? What a good idea if it's allowed and the store owner is ok with it. You'll have to let us know what you did and if it works.

Yes we can give away free cooking shows. I have heard of lots of consultants using drawing boxes. Some booking ideas documents even suggest it. I will be done making them sometime this week. Not much different then going to the fair and offering free shows. (In my opinon) I will let you know how it goes.

Ladies, as always...There are some majorly great ideas here. That's what happens when you do drugs. Even legal ones! The mind just can not think that way. I appreciate the good wishes and I very much appreciate the ideas. Now I just need to pick a few and go, Go, GO!!!

Thank you so very, very much!

P.S. I love the drawing box idea. I didn't know we could do that either. I have several shop keepers I do business with regularly so...

HAPPY SPRING EVERYONE! TIME FOR NEW BEGINNINGS!

Happy HealingWelcome back John!

Hi Rita!It's great to be back! I really missed it. In fact, I have been so out of it that when my December earned products came last week Thursday, I opened the box, looked at the colors, closed the box and it sat in my dining room.

THAT'S REALLY BAD! For me not to go through evey single box, bag and everything else, you know I didn't feel well!

I just got done about an hour ago though. All that stuff is now all over the living room! I can't wait to try out the Executive Saute pan. I can't believe they were able to improve on the cookware but man does that thing feel great in the hand! I love too that it is a 400 degree oven temp and not 350. It will be much easier to use I think. More versitle!! And my favorite color is green. I was afraid the Sea Green would be that washed out green. No way! It is so bright and really fun! I can't wait to show them off!

Take care!

P.S. I also had my doctors appointment this a.m. My Doctor said I can go back to work on Monday the 6th! YEAH! However, he said no shows until after March 1st. He does not want me standing for more than 15 minutes at a time. That's OK. It just means I gotta hit everyone at work for orders to make a catlaog show in February. I refuse not to get some points to double!!!!

Here's an idea!And I thought I had it bad over the holidays! I and the rest of the family were super sick, but nothing compared to what you went through. I am glad you are on the mend.

When I read your email, I immediately thought of this flyer. I came across it when I first found chefsuccess. I haven't had occassion to try it yet; in fact I had kind of forgotten about it. But, it is going out in the mail TOMORROW so I can get it in for February!

Hope it helps.

Happy Selling!

Attachments

• Mystery Host letter - 1000 show.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 508
Last edited:

What are some easy and quick recipes for someone recovering from illness?

Some easy and quick recipes for someone recovering from illness include chicken noodle soup, scrambled eggs, smoothies, and mashed potatoes.

What kitchen tools are essential for preparing meals for someone recovering from illness?

Some essential kitchen tools for preparing meals for someone recovering from illness include a blender, food processor, slow cooker, and sharp knives for cutting fruits and vegetables.

Are there any healthy options for those with dietary restrictions?

Yes, there are many healthy options for those with dietary restrictions. Some ideas include gluten-free soups, dairy-free smoothies, and low-sugar desserts made with alternative sweeteners.

What are some ways to add extra nutrition to meals for someone recovering from illness?

Some ways to add extra nutrition to meals for someone recovering from illness include adding protein powder to smoothies, incorporating leafy greens into soups or casseroles, and using whole grains instead of refined grains.

Are there any time-saving tips for preparing meals for someone recovering from illness?

Yes, some time-saving tips for preparing meals for someone recovering from illness include meal prepping in advance, using frozen fruits and vegetables, and utilizing pre-cut or pre-cooked ingredients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Granny52
  • saradest