• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stress and Sadness: Dealing with Pampered Chef, Water Damage, and Health Issues

In summary, Rhonda is having a tough month with her husband's health and her career. She's hoping to get a catalog show booked soon to help alleviate some of her stress.
pampchefrhondab
Just when they change the rules I could really use a leave from PC! I've been a consultant for almost 5 years and have never taken time off. Now I could really use a few months and can't apply for a waiver anymore:cry:!

I'm so stressed right now I don't want to call anyone for a show. We've had issues w/water in our slab and dealing with replacing the furnace/air and duct work. Now my husband is having some very serious medical issues - he may have cancer. I just don't want to deal with shows and people right now:rolleyes:!

I'm very sad and down as you can probably tell - this is not like me either!

Thanks for listening.

Been having a rough month too.... not quite like yours, but still. Any chance you can find 1 person to line up a catalog show for June. Just one is going to keep you active and your sales in line. So, even if you didn't have sales for May, you get one show for June and then nothing in July - you are still ok. Your career sales are ok. By then you can get your shows lined up for August and get back in the saddle. Just a suggestion. :)

Rhonda I'll be praying for you and your husband. I hope you find some comfort from our fellow Cheffers.

I PM'd you.

You can request a one-month extension now, so basically, you would have 2 months to get active again and you won't lose your career sales, nor your 2% increase (if earned already).
Bless your heart - prayers already gone up.

Thank you so much everyone. My husband goes to the Dr. on Wednesday so hopefully we will find out more then! I'm going with him so I can tell the Dr. everything - my husband will tend not to! He is over-stressed at work which I think is not helping at all.

Thank you so much for all your prayers. I really appreciate it!

I do have one booking for June. I need to get on the phone and confirm the date since it was booked a while ago. If I have to I'll place a $150 order of my own and use the products for gifts - weddings are always coming up! Or my sister now works in an office. I may ask her for a favor of a catalog show - she may help me.

Thanks again,

Praying for you and your husband....

Thoughts and Prayers to you and your family Rhonda.

I can only imagine how PC is not much a priority....but here's another suggestion that I hope helps...what about sending an outlet order email to all your contacts....maybe that'll generate some orders to hit the 150 mark, and then you won't have to use your money and cause another factor to your stress.

Keeping you & your husband in my prayers.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
I can only imagine how PC is not much a priority....but here's another suggestion that I hope helps...what about sending an outlet order email to all your contacts....maybe that'll generate some orders to hit the 150 mark, and then you won't have to use your money and cause another factor to your stress.

That's a good idea. I'll try that as well. I do send out a monthly newsletter. I have gotten a few orders that way.

Thanks again everyone. I'm feeling a little better today. We got the new heating/cooling system installed, they just finished yesterday. I've been working on spring cleaning. My windows were a mess from all the humidity we had in the house this past winter - now we know why (water in ducts). They look like brand new now:sing:! I also cleaned the drapes and re-hung them. I'm down to one more room to finish. I think I've done it to keep my mind off my husband's health and it's something I can take control of in my life!

One good thing my new heating/cooling system has a super air filter (only have to change 1x a year). I'm hoping it will cut back on the amount of dust in my house! I noticed last night when the sun was shining in a West window it didn't look like dust was flying in the air. We'll see in a few days!\

Thank you again for all your well wishes and prayers everyone.

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband, Rhonda.

I was also going to suggest getting a catalog show or two to keep you going through the next month or so.

:thumbup:

Don't forget to breathe and lean on the Lord. Seek solace and comfort....read inspirational scripture, pray or meditate when things are spinning all around....when things get crazy is when He and His power shine most.

Amen to all that has been said and prayed and all these encouragements. And praise God for your new heat and air unit!

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I know how scary it can be, I went through all of that this past month with cervical cancer. I agree with the previous posters, maybe get together a catalog show or 2 to get you through the next couple of months. I don't blame you in the least for not wanting to deal with people right now. Again, prayers are with you guys and know you have a great support system here!!!

also take time to enjoy the small things in life....like not seeing dust motes anymore.

prayers are winging your way

I want to thank everyone again for your thoughts and prayers.

My husband went to the Dr. last week and he doesn't think there is anything serious wrong with him - if anything at all. He said his blood work is only off slightly which may mean nothing. He did have a CT scan of his organs done, which we are still waiting on the results from; however, he is not expecing anything. He said he would like to check him again in 6 months just to be safe. He said he may have an auto immune problem if he continues to have problems, but right now doesn't need any treatment and he would consider him a healthy man. He did the CT scan just to be safe.

I'll let you know when we get more news.

Thanks again,

Rhonda,

That is FAB, FAB news! I am so happy. Will continue to pray......

Rhonda - that is awesome news! Hope things continue to look up for you and your family!

1. How do I handle the stress of being a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, it is important to prioritize self-care and set boundaries. Make sure to take breaks and time for yourself, and don't be afraid to say no if you feel overwhelmed. Additionally, reach out to your upline for support and utilize the resources available to you through Pampered Chef, such as training and mentorship programs.

2. What should I do if my Pampered Chef materials are damaged due to water?

If your Pampered Chef materials have been damaged due to water, contact your upline or the company's customer service immediately. They will be able to assist you with replacing any damaged items and provide guidance on how to prevent this from happening in the future.

3. How can I maintain a healthy lifestyle while working for Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef encourages a healthy lifestyle and offers many resources to help consultants maintain their health. This includes recipes and tips for healthy cooking, as well as fitness challenges and support groups. Additionally, make sure to prioritize self-care and take breaks when needed.

4. What should I do if I am feeling sad or overwhelmed as a Pampered Chef consultant?

If you are feeling sad or overwhelmed, reach out to your upline or a fellow consultant for support. Pampered Chef also offers a confidential Employee Assistance Program for consultants and their families, which provides counseling and other resources to help manage stress and emotions.

5. How does Pampered Chef support consultants with health issues?

Pampered Chef is committed to supporting consultants with health issues. They offer accommodations and resources to help consultants with disabilities or chronic illnesses, and have a team dedicated to assisting with any health-related concerns. Additionally, Pampered Chef has a wellness program and encourages a healthy work-life balance for all consultants.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
AJPratt
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • pchefkristin
  • General Chat