1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Strawberry Torte

1. I'm entering a strawberry recipe contest tomorrow morning and I was wondering if there was any way to make a torte crust out of strawberries. I was thinking layer of strawberries covered with a layer of chocolate or maybe even graham cracker crust?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks!!!!:confused:

Apr 29, 2009
  2. straitfan

straitfan Veteran Member Gold Member

I use the torte pans to make a strawberry cake mix. After the cake is cool. I melt about 1/4 cup of strawberry jam in the microwave, then brush the cake well with it. Then I make a filling out of 1 package of vanilla instant pudding, 1 cup milk, and 1 cup of Cool Whip. I fill the EAD with this and pipe stars around the edge of the bottom cake, then pread the filling in the bottom well. I put the top cake on, brush with the melted jam, and fill the well with strawberries sliced using the egg slicer. I finish by piping cool whip stars around the top edge, put a big dollop in the center, and place a strawberry fan in the center. Always gets RAVE reviews.

Apr 29, 2009
  3. muffetts

muffetts Member Gold Member

Maybe try a butter cake recipe with chopped strawberries or even dried strawberries in it? Then, maybe try the Mojito Torte filling, and incorporate more strawberries in that. Strawberry, lime and mint should go together quite nicely. Good luck!

Apr 29, 2009
  4. Chef Gilles

Chef Gilles Member Gold Member

Try Beety Crocker's Sugar Cookie Dough Mix. It works great in the tort oans

Apr 29, 2009
Have something to add?