1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Strawberry Spinach Salad

1. BeckyC5830

BeckyC5830 Member

I've read a number of posts saying how wonderful the Strawberry Spinach Salad is and I'd love to have the recipe. I've been searching the boards, files, recipes and CC for the recipe for the past 30 minutes or so with no results. Can someone post a link with the recipe or even the recipe? I would really appreciate your help. There is nothing better than a Strawberry Spinach salad and I'd love to have a recipe for it.

Thank you.

Apr 26, 2009
  2. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

It's in the casual cooking cookbook on page 40. I went to the recipe search area on CC and did a search for all recipes with spinach and found it.

Apr 26, 2009
  3. AlowayFamily

AlowayFamily Advanced Member Gold Member

Here is the recipe in case you don't have the cookbook. What a great idea for dinner today! I think I'll go shopping.

Attached Files:

Apr 26, 2009
  4. AlowayFamily

AlowayFamily Advanced Member Gold Member

Apr 26, 2009
  5. BeckyC5830

BeckyC5830 Member

Nancy, Thank you so much for the recipe! It looks wonderful! I think it's dinner for tomorrow night! I'm so glad that it shows quite a few products so I can make it at shows this summer. -- Beautiful in a bamboo bowl. And thank you for the link to the extra recipes, can't wait to browse through them.

Becky

Apr 28, 2009
  6. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

This is great! I was looking for this recipe on CC today, because I want to make it for our Lunch Club at work when it's my turn in June.

Has anyone ever tried making this and adding, say, salmon? Do you think it needs a meat to make it more of a meal?

Apr 28, 2009
  7. WLMcCoy

WLMcCoy Advanced Member

I'm allergic to seafood, but I think chicken would be great!

Apr 28, 2009
  8. missyciccolella

missyciccolella Advanced Member

I Love, Love, Love this recipe...a couple summers ago I think we ate this at least once a week! LOL I have a surprise party to go to this weekend and this may be my dish! Yum!

9. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

This is one of my favorite salad recipes! It comes together very quickly. I make it at shows quite often during the summer with the 30 Minute Chicken. It's what I make while the Chicken is roasting, and the garlic-parmesan biscuits are baking. Then, I can show them how they can have a full, healthy, absolutely gorgeous meal in 30 minutes, without even being a Chef!

LOVE this recipe!:love:

Apr 29, 2009
  10. chef greta

chef greta Member Gold Member

Help! I made the Strawberry Spinach Salad last night and something just wasn’t right. I hadn’t made it in awhile and I obviously forgot a crucial step . . . the sugar in the dressing. I didn’t realize it till I was putting my plate in the sink and debating strawberries and sugar for dessert. I thought SUGAR! I forgot the sugar! No wonder it wasn’t as good as I remembered.

Is there any way to save the salad I have left? Do you think it would have the same effect if I sprinkled the whole salad with sugar then tossed it? Right now it’s way to vinegar-y for me to eat and enjoy, but I don’t want it to go to waste either. Any thoughts?

TIA

Gretchen

Apr 29, 2009
  11. kkimpinski

kkimpinski Member

The recipe calls for white wine vinegar for the dressing. Has anyone just used regular vinegar?

Apr 29, 2009
  12. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

I just googled to see if there is a difference between white vinegar and white wine vinegar (apparently, there is), and found this:

"Combining the chemical compound acetic acid to water can also make white vinegar. This second type is very sour, and is more commonly used to clean and disinfect, than for food. In fact, much of white vinegar, especially when sold in gallon units, is not used in cooking."

Oh, whoops, silly me - didn't realize I'm so uncouth!

13. stefani2

stefani2 Veteran Member

don't think it is the same :(

Apr 29, 2009
  14. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Try Apple Cider Vinegar, or Rice Wine Vinegar.....but I wouldn't use regular white vinegar.

Apr 29, 2009
  15. heat123

heat123 Legend Member Silver Member

Strawberry Spinach Salad

Dressing
    1 lemon
    2 tbsp white wine vinegar
    1/3 cup sugar
    1 tbsp vegetable oil
    1 tsp poppy seeds

Salad
    ¼ cup sliced natural almonds, toasted
    8 oz. (1 ½ cups) strawberries, hulled and quartered
    ½ med. Cucumber, sliced and cut in half
    ¼ small red onion, sliced into thin wedges (1/4 cup)
    1 package (6 ounces) baby spinach

For dressing, zest lemon using Lemon Zester/Scorer to measure ½ zest. Juice lemon using Juicer to measure 2 tbsp juice. Combine zest, juice, vinegar, sugar, oil and poppy seeds in Small Batter Bowl. Whisk until well blended using Mini-Whipper. Cover; refrigerate until ready to use.

Preheat oven to 350¡ F. For salad, spread almonds in single layer over bottom of Small Bar Pan.

Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove from oven; cool almonds in bar pan.

Meanwhile, hull strawberries using Cook’s Corer; cut strawberries into quarters.

Score cucumber lengthwise using Lemon Zester/Scorer; remove seeds using The Corer. Using Ultimate Slice & Grate fitted with v-shaped blade, slice cucumber; cut slices in half/ Slice onion into thin wedges.

Place spinach in large serving bowl; add strawberries, cucumber and onion. Whisk dressing; pour over salad, gently tossing to coat using 3-Way Tongs. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve immediately.

Apr 29, 2009
  16. kkimpinski

kkimpinski Member

Thanks Sarah, Jenna & Becky. I have never used white wine vinegar in a recipe. I have tried the red wine vinegar in other recipes and didn't care for the taste, hopefully the white wine vinegar will taste better.

Apr 30, 2009
  17. smilesarepriceless

smilesarepriceless Advanced Member Gold Member

If you guys had to guess, to do you think doubling this recipe would be enough if serving 16 people dinner ( not a show..a salad in addition to a meat )

18. LeslieSGI

LeslieSGI Member Gold Member

Yes, I would think it would be enough.​

May 17, 2009
Have something to add?