• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Strawberry Spinach Salad Recipe - Get it Now!

In summary, the recipe for the Strawberry Spinach Salad is in the casual cooking cookbook on page 40. There is a thread with a lot of recipes in it on Chef Success.com. The salad may not be as good without the sugar in the dressing and it is best to sprinkle the whole salad with sugar.
BeckyC5830
I've read a number of posts saying how wonderful the Strawberry Spinach Salad is and I'd love to have the recipe. I've been searching the boards, files, recipes and CC for the recipe for the past 30 minutes or so with no results. Can someone post a link with the recipe or even the recipe? I would really appreciate your help. There is nothing better than a Strawberry Spinach salad and I'd love to have a recipe for it.

Thank you.

It's in the casual cooking cookbook on page 40. I went to the recipe search area on CC and did a search for all recipes with spinach and found it.

BeckyC5830 said:
I've read a number of posts saying how wonderful the Strawberry Spinach Salad is and I'd love to have the recipe. I've been searching the boards, files, recipes and CC for the recipe for the past 30 minutes or so with no results. Can someone post a link with the recipe or even the recipe? I would really appreciate your help. There is nothing better than a Strawberry Spinach salad and I'd love to have a recipe for it.

Thank you.

Here is the recipe in case you don't have the cookbook. What a great idea for dinner today! I think I'll go shopping.

Attachments

• Strawberry Spinach Salad.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 528
Nancy, Thank you so much for the recipe! It looks wonderful! I think it's dinner for tomorrow night! I'm so glad that it shows quite a few products so I can make it at shows this summer. -- Beautiful in a bamboo bowl. And thank you for the link to the extra recipes, can't wait to browse through them.

Becky

This is great! I was looking for this recipe on CC today, because I want to make it for our Lunch Club at work when it's my turn in June.

Has anyone ever tried making this and adding, say, salmon? Do you think it needs a meat to make it more of a meal?

pampchefsarah said:
This is great! I was looking for this recipe on CC today, because I want to make it for our Lunch Club at work when it's my turn in June.

Has anyone ever tried making this and adding, say, salmon? Do you think it needs a meat to make it more of a meal?

I'm allergic to seafood, but I think chicken would be great!

I Love, Love, Love this recipe...a couple summers ago I think we ate this at least once a week! LOL I have a surprise party to go to this weekend and this may be my dish! Yum!

This is one of my favorite salad recipes! It comes together very quickly. I make it at shows quite often during the summer with the 30 Minute Chicken. It's what I make while the Chicken is roasting, and the garlic-parmesan biscuits are baking. Then, I can show them how they can have a full, healthy, absolutely gorgeous meal in 30 minutes, without even being a Chef!

LOVE this recipe!:love:

Help! I made the Strawberry Spinach Salad last night and something just wasn’t right. I hadn’t made it in awhile and I obviously forgot a crucial step . . . the sugar in the dressing. I didn’t realize it till I was putting my plate in the sink and debating strawberries and sugar for dessert. I thought SUGAR! I forgot the sugar! No wonder it wasn’t as good as I remembered.

Is there any way to save the salad I have left? Do you think it would have the same effect if I sprinkled the whole salad with sugar then tossed it? Right now it’s way to vinegar-y for me to eat and enjoy, but I don’t want it to go to waste either. Any thoughts?

TIA

Gretchen

The recipe calls for white wine vinegar for the dressing. Has anyone just used regular vinegar?

I just googled to see if there is a difference between white vinegar and white wine vinegar (apparently, there is), and found this:

"Combining the chemical compound acetic acid to water can also make white vinegar. This second type is very sour, and is more commonly used to clean and disinfect, than for food. In fact, much of white vinegar, especially when sold in gallon units, is not used in cooking."

Oh, whoops, silly me - didn't realize I'm so uncouth!

kkimpinski said:
The recipe calls for white wine vinegar for the dressing. Has anyone just used regular vinegar?

don't think it is the same :(

kkimpinski said:

Try Apple Cider Vinegar, or Rice Wine Vinegar.....but I wouldn't use regular white vinegar.

Strawberry Spinach Salad

Dressing
1 lemon
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
1/3 cup sugar
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp poppy seeds

Salad
¼ cup sliced natural almonds, toasted
8 oz. (1 ½ cups) strawberries, hulled and quartered
½ med. Cucumber, sliced and cut in half
¼ small red onion, sliced into thin wedges (1/4 cup)
1 package (6 ounces) baby spinach

For dressing, zest lemon using Lemon Zester/Scorer to measure ½ zest. Juice lemon using Juicer to measure 2 tbsp juice. Combine zest, juice, vinegar, sugar, oil and poppy seeds in Small Batter Bowl. Whisk until well blended using Mini-Whipper. Cover; refrigerate until ready to use.

Preheat oven to 350¡ F. For salad, spread almonds in single layer over bottom of Small Bar Pan.

Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove from oven; cool almonds in bar pan.

Meanwhile, hull strawberries using Cook’s Corer; cut strawberries into quarters.

Score cucumber lengthwise using Lemon Zester/Scorer; remove seeds using The Corer. Using Ultimate Slice & Grate fitted with v-shaped blade, slice cucumber; cut slices in half/ Slice onion into thin wedges.

Place spinach in large serving bowl; add strawberries, cucumber and onion. Whisk dressing; pour over salad, gently tossing to coat using 3-Way Tongs. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve immediately.

Thanks Sarah, Jenna & Becky. I have never used white wine vinegar in a recipe. I have tried the red wine vinegar in other recipes and didn't care for the taste, hopefully the white wine vinegar will taste better.

If you guys had to guess, to do you think doubling this recipe would be enough if serving 16 people dinner ( not a show..a salad in addition to a meat )

Yes, I would think it would be enough.​

What ingredients are needed to make Strawberry Spinach Salad?

To make Strawberry Spinach Salad, you will need baby spinach, fresh strawberries, red onion, feta cheese, and a balsamic vinaigrette dressing. Optional ingredients include almonds or walnuts, avocado, and grilled chicken.

Can I make Strawberry Spinach Salad ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the salad ahead of time by prepping the ingredients and storing them separately. Wait to add the dressing until just before serving to prevent the spinach from becoming soggy.

What is the best way to prepare the strawberries for the salad?

The best way to prepare the strawberries is to wash them, remove the stems, and slice them into bite-size pieces. You can also use a strawberry huller tool to remove the stems and easily slice them.

Can I substitute the balsamic vinaigrette dressing with a different dressing?

Yes, you can use a different dressing if desired. Some popular alternatives include a poppy seed dressing or a honey mustard dressing. Experiment with different dressings to find your favorite flavor combination.

Can I make this salad vegetarian or vegan-friendly?

Yes, this salad can easily be made vegetarian or vegan-friendly by omitting the feta cheese or using a plant-based alternative. You can also add in additional protein sources such as grilled tofu or chickpeas.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• stefani2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
merego
  • Tanya423
  • Products and Tips
Replies