• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried making Strawberry Shortcake in your RCB?

In summary, someone shared this on FB in the I <3 My DCB group. They finally tried it last night and the kids have been complaining that we don't have any treats in the house for dessert, so they went ahead and made this. It takes 4 minutes in the RCB in the microwave!!! Just mix it as directed and if your stone isn't well-seasoned yet, you'll need to grease it. It was delicious!
babywings76
Gold Member
Someone shared this on FB in the I <3 My DCB group. I finally tried it last night. The kids have been complaining that we don't have any treats in the house for dessert, so I went ahead and made this.It takes 4 minutes in the RCB in the microwave!!! 4 Minutes!!!Just use 1/2 a cake mix or one of those 9 oz. packages. Mix it as directed. If your stone isn't well-seasoned yet, you'll need to grease it. Microwave for 4 minutes, I covered mine. Take it out and let it sit for 5 minutes and then turn it over onto a plate. I don't like sweetened, syrupy stuff, so I used fresh strawberries plain and then did whipped cream and added extra whipped cream as I served it. My RCB had been used a few times, but apparently wasn't well seasoned yet, because despite spritzing it with oil it still stuck. (I did get it out, just let it sit for 5 minutes and then used my Mix N Scraper and slid it under the cake and it released it.)

Attachments

• IMG_4692.jpg
    IMG_4692.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 681
Looks yummy!!

Looks delish! I will have to try it soon.

I didn't get to the store today but believe me I will tomorrow :D

I absolutely love the Round Baker! This is another version I tried since posting the strawberry shortcake on the "I Love My Deep Covered Baker" facebook page. So tasty and 10 minutes TOTAL- start to finish!!!!

Attachments

• BLACKFORESTCAKE1.JPG
    BLACKFORESTCAKE1.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 643
That looks and sounds wonderful! I did a search for the group/page that you were talking about but nothing came up. Is it a group anyone can join? Could you post a link?

Oh, my stomach is growling!

Do you use 1/2 a regular yellow cake mix? I didn't know they made a shortcake cake mix.

I can't find the recipe on the group!

Yep, I just used a yellow cake mix. You can use 1/2 of a standard mix if you can't find the 9 oz package kind.

This looks wonderful-love it. I thought for some summer shows you could even make it with peaches or in the fall with apples that you have cooked in your cookware with a sauce. Or even blueberries or rasberries. Yum!

So, help me.. please. If you use 1/2 the mix, then 1/2 the ingredients, too? this is a GREAT idea for the RCB!

Bumping...I think I'm going to do this for a show I have in 2 weeks...the shortcake...does jiffy make a 9 oz yellow cake mix?

Yes, jiffy does a 9 oz

I also recently made a 2 layer with lemon pie filling in the center and on top of a confetti cake and covered sides with cool whip. It was delicious!

This is awesome...I'm going to try it this weekend!

Is the cake mix for shortcake too "cakey"? Isn't shortcake spongey?

mom4angela said:
So, help me.. please. If you use 1/2 the mix, then 1/2 the ingredients, too? this is a GREAT idea for the RCB!

Just make the whole mix then split into two & you have 2 cakes!

(halving an egg is kind of difficult)

chefsteph07 said:
Is the cake mix for shortcake too "cakey"? Isn't shortcake spongey?

i wonder if angelfood cake mix would work???

Ok, I had a cake mix that I was supposed to make for Easter but never got around to it, so I made it last night...:)
I did the whole mix, and made 2 cakes, since it was a regular 18.5 oz box...I did measure it out though to make sure it was around 9 oz ea (I have a hard time "eyeballing" things)...They turned out great...I did the first cake at 4 min, I felt it could have used a little more time, so the 2nd cake I did at 5 min. They both turned out lopsided though? My husband thinks it could have been how the batter settled into the baker? I don't know as I don't bake often, but nonetheless, it was very tasty, moist, and you wouldn't have known it didn't come out of the oven. I do think I'm going to offer the shortcake for my shows for the foreseeable future! :)

As for the angel food cake, yes, you def could use that...my mom actually make a shortcake using AF cake mix a few weeks ago and it was delish. The cake mix she used though (a regular box of BC or DH or whatever popular brand) did call for putting the batter in 2 loaf pans and it rose above the pans and kind of wrapped around the sides of the pan so I'm not sure if you would have to use less batter and make more cakes to do it in the RCB.

What a great idea for summer....sounds refreshing! :) Thanks for sharing, I can't wait to try it! :) xoxo

babywings76 said:
Someone shared this on FB in the I <3 My DCB group. I finally tried it last night. The kids have been complaining that we don't have any treats in the house for dessert, so I went ahead and made this.

I'm not even hungry and I could eat a slice!

Has anyone ever tried an angel food cake in the bakers? Has a host that is wanting to do one mixed with crushed pineapple.

What is "Strawberry Shortcake in Rcb"?

"Strawberry Shortcake in Rcb" is a delicious dessert recipe from Pampered Chef that combines fresh strawberries, creamy whipped cream, and flaky biscuits for a unique twist on the classic strawberry shortcake.

What ingredients do I need to make "Strawberry Shortcake in Rcb"?

To make "Strawberry Shortcake in Rcb", you will need 1 package of refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, 1 cup of sliced fresh strawberries, 1 tablespoon of sugar, 1 cup of heavy whipping cream, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.

How do I assemble and serve "Strawberry Shortcake in Rcb"?

To assemble "Strawberry Shortcake in Rcb", first bake the biscuits according to package instructions and let them cool. In a separate bowl, mix the sliced strawberries with sugar and set aside. In another bowl, whip the heavy cream and vanilla until stiff peaks form. To serve, split the biscuits in half, top with strawberries and whipped cream, and then place the other half of the biscuit on top.

Can I make "Strawberry Shortcake in Rcb" ahead of time?

Yes, you can make "Strawberry Shortcake in Rcb" ahead of time. You can bake the biscuits and slice the strawberries in advance, but it is best to assemble and serve the dessert right before serving for the freshest taste and texture.

Are there any variations or substitutions for "Strawberry Shortcake in Rcb"?

Yes, you can customize "Strawberry Shortcake in Rcb" to your liking by using different types of biscuits, such as flaky or cinnamon, and adding toppings like chocolate chips or nuts. You can also substitute the fresh strawberries with other fruits like peaches or raspberries. For a healthier option, you can use Greek yogurt instead of heavy cream for the whipped topping.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies