• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Strawberry micro cake question

lacychef

Legend Member
Feb 15, 2006
I was just wondering, I found a recipe here the other day for the strawberry cheesecake micro cake. I didn't know if you can bake it in the skillet instead? I'm sure you can; just not sure about the time needed...anyone tried this? I love the micro idea, but mine is too small, & in case other hosts' micro's are small I'd like to offer it made in the skillet.
I love pink recipes for HWC, and I'm trying to get another 500 pan-o-rama points:D
Thanks!

Feb 1, 2006
Yes, you can make cake in the 12" skillet ON THE STOVETOP!

Just mix up the batter, melt a bit of butter just to coat the bottom of the skillet, then set on low. Mine took about 35 minutes. Adjust to your own liking.

(p.s. It's so moist...I just had a slice after breakfast!)

Wendyss

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2006
small cake?

I tried the cake yesterday for the first time in the microwave using the fluted pan. When it came out it was about the size of the pan but after the 10 minutes when I took the pan off it had shrunk and was about half the size. Is that normal since it is cooked in the microwave? It was yummy and moist.

lacychef

Legend Member
Feb 15, 2006
pampered_heathery said:
to make it on the stovetop, do you cover it ??? This is a fantastic idea !!

I'm wondering the same thing! That sounds very interesting!!