• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Recipe Suggestions for a Buffet Party with Picky Hostess?

In summary, the conversation was about a person looking for dessert ideas for a buffet party with a picky hostess. They are making a cheeseburger ring and fries, but need a recipe for the fries. They also found a suggestion for strawberry margarita squares, but couldn't find the recipe. The hostess doesn't like key lime and they were wondering if they could also make a chocolate skillet cake. They later found and enjoyed the recipe for strawberry margarita squares.
JWorks
Silver Member
help i am having a buffet party monday and hostess is picky on dessert. i am making cheeseburger ring and maybe fries. Are there any recipes for fries that i can have? i found where someone said they make the margarita squares for dessert but can't find the recipe. the hostess doesn't like key lime so any suggestions will be great. Can i just make the chocolate skillet cake (is there any way i can link that to buffet)?
thank you for any help;)

I made the strawberyy margarita squares and really liked them!

Here is the recipe:
Strawberry Margarita Squares
(Delightful Desserts cookbook, p. 107)

Crust
2 c. mini-twist pretzels (1 c. crushed)
1/2 c. butter or margarine, melted
1/4 c. sugar

Filling
2 pkgs. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. thawed, frozen margarita mix concentrate (non-alcoholic)
2 containers (8 oz. each) kool whip, thawed, divided
1 pkg. (3 oz.) strawberry gelatin
1/2 c. boiling water
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen sliced strawberries in syrup
Fresh strawberry slices (optional)
Lime slices (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. For crust, finely crush pretzels in resealable plastic back with Baker's Roller. Melt butter in Small Micro-Cooker on HIGH 30 seconds or until melted. Add crushed pretzels and sugar; mix well. Press mixture onto bottom of Rectangular Baker. Bake 10 minutes. Cool completely.

2. For filling, beat cream cheese and margarita mix in Classic Batter Bowl until well-blended. Fold in 2 cups of kool whip. Using Large Spreader, carefully spread cream cheese mixture evenly over crust. Refrigerate while preparing strawberry layer.

3. Place gelatin in Small Batter Bowl. Stir in boiling water; stir until completely dissolved. Add frozen strawberries and stir until strawberries separate and gelatin is thickened (a spoon drawn through mixture will leave an impression). Whisk in 3 cups of the kool whip using Stainless Steel Whisk. Pour over cream cheese layer, spreading edges. Refrigerate 3 hours to set.

4. Cut dessert into 15 squares. Garnish each with remaining kool whip using Easy Accent Decorator. Top with sliced strawberries and lime slices.

Enjoy :)

Hi there, for fries you can try making sweet potato fries or zucchini fries. There are plenty of recipes online for both of those. As for dessert, instead of the margarita squares, you can try making a chocolate trifle or a fruit tart. These are both easy to make and can be linked to the buffet by using small individual cups or bowls. You can also make mini chocolate skillet cakes or brownies and serve them with a scoop of ice cream on top. Another idea is to make a chocolate fondue and serve it with fruit, marshmallows, and other dippable treats. Hope these suggestions help and good luck with your party!

1. Can these Strawberry Margarita Squares be made without alcohol?

Yes, the alcohol in this recipe is optional. You can simply omit it or substitute it with a non-alcoholic version of your choice, such as lime juice or lemon-lime soda.

2. How many servings does the recipe yield?

This recipe makes 12 servings, perfect for a small gathering or party. You can easily double the ingredients for a larger crowd.

3. Can I use frozen strawberries instead of fresh?

Yes, you can use frozen strawberries for this recipe. Just make sure to thaw them before using and drain any excess liquid to prevent the squares from becoming too soggy.

4. Can I make these squares in advance?

Yes, you can make the squares a day ahead and store them in the refrigerator until ready to serve. However, it is recommended to add the whipped cream and garnishes right before serving for the best texture and presentation.

5. Are there any substitutions for the graham cracker crust?

Yes, you can use a different type of crust for these squares, such as a cookie crust made with vanilla wafers or shortbread cookies. You can also use a premade store-bought crust for convenience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chefkelly88
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Melissa78
  • Cooking with Nicole
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Cooking with Nicole
  • wadesgirl