• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Strawberry Margarita Squares and Other Pink Recipes

In summary, the woman is thinking of making some pink recipes for a baby shower tomorrow. She has some concerns about how many strawberries are in some of the recipes. She also thinks about doing a drink, but decides against it. The woman makes some pink cookies and truffles.
babywings76
Gold Member
I'm hosting a baby shower for a friend tomorrow. Since she's expecting twin girls, I thought I'd do some pink recipes. I found in the files some HWC pink recipes. I think I'm going to do the Strawberry Bruschetta and the Strawberry Spinach salad and the Strawberry Margarita Squares. I know it's a lot of strawberries...think it's too much? I also thought I'd set out the Raspberry Hab. Sauce over cream cheese w/ crackers. And another recipe I thought I'd do was try those new cookie truffles that are in the holiday mini. I bought white chocolate morsels, I thought I could color it pink and then do a drizzle over the truffles. Any thoughts?

What things do you think I can make ahead tonight? I wanted to make the Strawberry margarita squares ahead since it takes 3 hours to chill. But if the shower is tomorrow evening, do you think making them now would be too far ahead? I've never made it before so I'm not sure how it is.

I've never made them, but I would think tonight is fine. Do you have the Quick Stir Pitcher? Maybe you could do the Mock Berry Mojito yoo?

I made the Margarita Squares, but I'm afraid I may have messed it up. The top layer says to combine boiling water with the jello and let it dissolve, then to add the frozen strawberries and whisk until they separate and the gelatin thickens. Well, I think I hurried it. It didn't get real thick and I just went ahead and added the cool whip. So it looked a lot like the first layer did and I'm not sure if it was supposed to look more like Jello or that. Hopefully it's okay.I made the cookie truffles. I wish I had bought the PB filled Oreos, too. I would've liked to have all 3 varieties, but it's okay. They don't really make a lot, but hopefully it's enough. (There probably won't be very many women here tonight...it feels like a PC party with getting a lot of people RSVP'ing as a maybe. :grumpy:I'm thinking of skipping the strawberry brushetta. I'm thinking I have enough sweet things, maybe I should have some savory. So I'm going to use the bread from that and just do dipping oils with it.For the drinks, since I'm doing a lot of other stuff, I thought I'd just keep it simple. I bought some Raspberry Lemonade mix and will just do that. Although, I do have a bottle of Cranberry Gingerale left over from our team meeting on Monday. I wonder if that would be good mixed with the lemonade?

1. What ingredients do I need to make Strawberry Margarita Squares?

To make Strawberry Margarita Squares, you will need:

• 1 1/2 cups crushed pretzels
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup melted butter
  • 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/4 cup tequila
  • 1/4 cup triple sec
  • 1/4 cup lime juice
  • 1 cup diced fresh strawberries
  • 1/2 cup whipped cream

2. Can I make this recipe without alcohol?

Yes, you can omit the alcohol from this recipe and still get delicious results. Simply replace the tequila and triple sec with an additional 1/4 cup of lime juice.

3. How long do I need to refrigerate the squares before serving?

After assembling the squares, it is best to refrigerate them for at least 2 hours before serving. This will allow the filling to set and the flavors to develop. For even better results, refrigerate overnight before serving.

4. Can I use frozen strawberries instead of fresh?

Yes, you can use frozen strawberries in this recipe. Just make sure to thaw and drain them before adding to the filling. You may also want to add a little extra sugar to compensate for the frozen strawberries being less sweet than fresh.

5. Are there any other pink recipes I can make with these ingredients?

Yes, there are many other pink recipes you can make with similar ingredients. Some options include:

• Strawberry Pretzel Salad
  • Raspberry Limeade Margaritas
  • Strawberry Shortcake Trifles
  • Pink Lemonade Bars
  • Watermelon Margarita Popsicles

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Brandie
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefNic
Replies