• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Wanted: Tried & True Strawberry Cake Recipe for 5th B-day

In summary, Becky says that a boxed strawberry cake mix can be used, and chefcharity says to use a white cake and then fill it with frozen strawberries.
ChefPaulaB
Does anyone have a tried and true strawberry cake recipe... My son has declared that he wants a strawberry cake for his 5th birthday tomorrow. I have no idea why, it's not like he's ever had strawberry cake before, and I'm not sure if he is thinking of something else or what he has in mind, but he is determined to have a strawberry cake. It could be because his big sister was determined that he should have a chocolate cake.... IDK, but regardless, it is not something I have a great recipe for. I know there is a strawberry cheesecake microwave cake, and as much as I like the micro cakes for certain occasions, my children's b-days are not one of them. So, I didn't know if that could be incorporated into a regular oven cake or if anyone else has a good recipe or suggestions to make it special. And keep in mind that there aren't any fresh strawberries around anymore... Thanks for any ideas!

I've only ever had the Strawberry cake from a box (yes- one of the cake mixes available is Strawberry). I did it in the fluted stone in the microwave. I think with a cream-cheese icing put in the batter and then microwaved. It was DELICIOUS....and stayed moist for days! (didn't last more then 2 or 3. We don't normally get tempted by cakes after day 2, but this one just kept calling us over).....but he may be looking for more traditional shape, etc. :D

I recommend a boxed mix.. the trick.... whip the bejezzes out of it!!! All that air will make it so light and fluffy you will think it was made at a bakery. So, if you have a stand mixer, put it in there and turn it on. Let it go for like 5 minutes. It will be worht it! Trust me!!
-c

ChefBeckyD said:
I've never made these, but here are a couple highly rated ones from Allrecipes.com. My favorite Go-To recipe site!

Strawberry Cake from Scratch - All Recipes

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Strawberry-Dream-Cake-I/Detail.aspx

Strawberries and Cream Cake - All Recipes

Thanks Becky! They all sound so good I can't decide which one... I might just have to take chefcharity's advice for this time and go with a box. I don't have a lot of time today or tomorrow and my husband is picking on me for always making everything so difficult. He was like "He's five! He doesn't care if you make it from scratch! Just buy Betty Crocker and bake it!" He's right, I always want to make everything special, but since this is just the cake for his actual b-day and just for us, I probably don't need to go all out. Saturday is the big family party and I hired that cake out, he wanted it to be shaped like Optimus Prime, that is way beyond my capabilities! And then he gets another cake on Sunday at Chuck E Cheezits (that's what he calls it) with his best friend! So, waaaay tooo much cake, but at least we'll have a variety! Strawberry, then yellow and then chocolate! Thanks everyone!

What I've done in the past is to make a white cake (out of a box or from scratch), then get frozen, sliced straberries and use them as filling. I would also drain them, and use the juice to soak into the cake. Then frost with your choice of frosting.

I've used a boxed strawberry cake mix and made it in the torte pans (kinda following the directions for that tropical torte with the rum and mango) Then I brushed the layers with melted strawberry jam, filled with a pudding/cool whip filling, and garnished the top with sliced strawberries. Yummy and looks like a million bucks! (and not too time consuming either)

A favorite at our house is a boxed white cake, then when it comes out of the oven poke holes in it. Put thawed frozen strawberries in the blender with some heavy cream mix then pour that on the cake and let soak in. Frost with Cool whip mixed with vanilla pudding mix.

Well, went to the store to take the easy way out and buy a boxed strawberry cake mix, and THEY DIDN'T HAVE ANY!!! How annoying! Of course, then I couldn't remember what ingredients I needed for any of the other cakes, so who knows what I'll come up with. I'll let ya know how it turns out though...

Sorry I didn't see this until now..but..I love Jello cakes..make a regular vanilla cake..then..I take a straw and put a LOT of holes on the top of it..then pour strawberry jello over the whole thing..then refridgerate..I just use cool whip as icing them..it is SO YUMMY!

1. What ingredients do I need for the strawberry cake recipe?

The ingredients for the strawberry cake recipe are:

• 1 box of strawberry cake mix
  • 1 cup of chopped fresh strawberries
  • 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 cup of water
  • 1/4 cup of strawberry jam
  • 1/4 cup of milk
  • 1 tsp of vanilla extract

2. Can I substitute the fresh strawberries with frozen ones?

Yes, you can substitute the fresh strawberries with frozen ones. Just make sure to thaw and drain them before adding them to the cake mix to avoid excess moisture in the batter.

3. How do I make the strawberry cake more moist?

To make the strawberry cake more moist, you can add an extra egg or substitute the water with milk. You can also brush the baked cake with a simple syrup made of equal parts sugar and water to add more moisture.

4. Can I use a different flavor of cake mix?

Yes, you can use a different flavor of cake mix. However, the strawberry flavor of the cake mix adds to the overall taste and texture of the cake. If you do use a different flavor, you may need to adjust the amount of strawberry jam and milk added to the batter.

5. How should I decorate the cake for a 5th birthday?

You can decorate the cake for a 5th birthday by using colorful sprinkles, edible glitter, or adding a layer of whipped cream on top of the cake. You can also top the cake with fresh strawberries or strawberry slices to enhance the strawberry flavor. Writing a personalized message with icing or using a cake topper can also make the cake more festive for a 5th birthday celebration.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Mama2bowbaby
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
dalesley
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • pampered2007
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies