• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Make Strawberry Amaretto Pastries Ahead of Time?

In summary,The pastry dough should be different - Puff Pastry - for the recipe for the Strawberry Amaretto Pastries. Phyllo dough may not be what is called for and may not work well.
LakesideMom
Hello cheffers! :)

I am hosting a show making the Strawberry Amaretto Pastries and I want to make the puff pastry ahead of time so that we don't have to heat up the house with the oven during the show. Have any of you done this? Is there a special way the pastries should be stored after baking so they stay fresh? I would make them earlier that day. I was thinking of just leaving them on the stone and covering them with a kitchen towel.

Hey thereI would not suggest leaving them on the stone and covering them with a towel. The residue heat plus the tower could make steam or condensation and make them soggy. When you are done baking them you are supposed to cool completey on bakers rack. I would say do that and them put them in a ziploc baggy or something else airtight. I hope this helps.

Hey y'all! Um, I was going to make this also. What brand of pastry dough do y'all use?

Pastry troubleI had a show last night and fixed these, but... I think the pastry sheet may have sat out too long beforehand. When I unrolled it, it was sort of separating and I think it dried out. And, it didn't bake well either. I baked like layers of paper.

Has anyone had this experience? And, is it because it was possibly out too long? (or could it be something else?) And, if so - let this be a warning to all!

Thanks!

chef_goods said:
I had a show last night and fixed these, but... I think the pastry sheet may have sat out too long beforehand. When I unrolled it, it was sort of separating and I think it dried out. And, it didn't bake well either. I baked like layers of paper.

Has anyone had this experience? And, is it because it was possibly out too long? (or could it be something else?) And, if so - let this be a warning to all!

Thanks!
That sounds like phyllo dough - not puffed pastry dough. I made the same mistake the first time I made them at home. I bought the wrong dough. :eek: Check out the recipe on page 32 of Season's Best (same book where you find Amaretto Pastries). That recipe calls for phyllo dough. Puffed pastry is different. Hope this helps! :)

chef_goods said:
I had a show last night and fixed these, but... I think the pastry sheet may have sat out too long beforehand. When I unrolled it, it was sort of separating and I think it dried out. And, it didn't bake well either. I baked like layers of paper.

Thanks!

Did you use Puff Pastry or Phyllo? Phyllo is not what is called for in the recipe and usually is the one to dry out. When thawing Puff Pastry you don't want it to thaw too fast or get too warm. Keep a metal cookie sheet in the freezer. Open the Puff Pastry package - I like Peperidge Farm brand - and leave the pastry on the counter or a plate. After a few minutes, gently try to pry the tri-folded pastry apart into a triangle with the middle of the tri-fold on the counter/plate. If you can't do that without it cracking, give it a minute or two more and try again. Once you have it in a triangle, it should thaw faster. If it feels cold, but pliable, in your hands, you have done it right. If it feels luke-warm, it is too warm and the fat inbetween the layers of the pastry will just leak out as it cooks. Thats what the metal pan in the freezer is for. Slap it on the metal pan and let it cool back down before baking it.
HTH

You guys are great! We apparently had the wrong one. I knew you guys would be brilliantly helpful.

Thanks!

I took pre-baked pastry puffs in the chillzanne rectangular server. It seemed to work out well. I had baked them earlier the same day.

pampchefmom2002 said:
I took pre-baked pastry puffs in the chillzanne rectangular server. It seemed to work out well. I had baked them earlier the same day.
Great idea! Yet another product to show off at the show. ;)

1. What is the main ingredient in the Strawberry Amaretto Pastries?

The main ingredient in our Strawberry Amaretto Pastries is fresh strawberries. We use ripe, juicy strawberries to ensure the best flavor in every bite.

2. Are the pastries pre-made or do I have to assemble them myself?

Our Strawberry Amaretto Pastries come pre-made and ready to bake. Simply thaw them according to the package instructions and then bake in the oven for a delicious treat.

3. Can these pastries be served warm or do they need to be served at room temperature?

These pastries can be served warm or at room temperature, depending on your preference. If you prefer a warm, gooey pastry, we recommend heating them up in the oven for a few minutes before serving.

4. Are there any allergens in the Strawberry Amaretto Pastries?

The Strawberry Amaretto Pastries contain wheat, milk, and almonds. They are also made in a facility that processes nuts, soy, and eggs. If you have any allergies, please check the ingredient list carefully before consuming.

5. How many pastries come in a package?

Each package of Strawberry Amaretto Pastries contains 8 individual pastries. This is perfect for sharing with friends and family or for indulging in yourself!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies
Views
Kristina21
  • gussey30
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies