• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried making Strawberry Amaretto Pastries for a catalog show yet?

I made these at a show and they were a big hit! I made the puff pastry ahead of time and it was really easy. I also demo'd making the cream filling and zesting the orange and chopping the nuts. Demo'd slicing 1 strawberry w/ the egg slicer plus. Then I showed how to assemble one pastry. Then I had the guests come up and assemble their own. They got to use the knife and cutting board and the slicer plus. And it was a helpful closing.I made these at a show and they were a big hit! I made the puff pastry ahead of time and it was really easy. I also demo'd making the cream filling and zesting the orange and
ErinPC
I made these last night -and OMG - I had to stop myself from eating them all! My question is this: has anyone actually made them at a show yet? If so, how did it go? Did you have any other recipes pre-made?
I already sliced most of the strawberries beforehand (just as if I were a show), but I still felt like the whole process took a little long. Especially if I stopped to talk about the products I was using.
I was also really excited there was a lot of the filling & strawberries left over (I sliced WAY more than 12), so I mixed it all together to store in the fridge. Yummy w/granola - although probably not as healthy as yogurt.
Thanks a lot! --Erin

Omigosh! I know what you mean!!!

The kids and I made them a weekend or two ago....and they were sooooo good and very easy.

I'd never worked with puff pastry before and thought I needed to be related to Martha Stewart to even think about it....but no...very easy.

Also, I didn't know I was supposed to thaw out the puff pastry first, and when I unfolded it of course it cracked and broke...but it was right on the fold line where I was supposed to cut anyway...my son spritzed the pastry first very lightly with water before sprinkling them with the sugar/grated almonds and rolling them into the dough.

It was great!!!! "It's a good thing...!"

I Did this weekendI made these at my show this weekend. This is what I did and it was a big hit.
I made the puff part ahead of time. Then I sliced most of the strawberries. Then I demo'd making the cream filling and zesting the orange and chopping the nuts. Demo'd slicing 1 strawberry w/ the egg slicer plus. Then I showed how to assemble one pastry. Then I had the guests come up and assemble their own. They got to use the knife and cutting board and the slicer plus. And it was a helpful closing.

Good Luck!

Oh I also made the Rustic Foccata as my main demo. We did the Cucia Italiano theme.

We tried these at a cluster meeting not to long ago - really yummy! - and while they were easy, they were also a little time consuming. It was suggested that at a show you might either get guests involved in putting them together, or make one the "fancy" way so guests can see what it is "supposed" to look like, and then just kinda throw the rest together for time's sake by combining ingredients.

Wow!Super yummy! We just had these at our cluster meeting! The girl that brought them suggested to definitely make it once at home before doing them at a show, and also that she would probably make the puff pastry part at home beforehand.

Here is something that I didI made the pastries for an open house that I had. Instead of making 12 pastries I just cut into 24 squares that were smaller and everyone got their own little bite sized piece. I made each of our three new dessert recipes and everyone loved them.

Strawberry pastriesI had a lady who works at a school who was doing a catalog show, so I made these to take and put in the teacher's lounge by the catalogs and order forms to get the staff to take notice of the catalog show. While they are impressive and delicious, I didn't think it would be the best show recipe, not enough products and too time consuming to assemble. Also, it looks like the insides will all goo out when you take a bite!

1. What ingredients do I need to make Strawberry Amaretto Pastries?

To make Strawberry Amaretto Pastries, you will need:
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 1 cup of fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons of amaretto liqueur
- 1 egg
- Optional: powdered sugar for sprinkling

2. Can I use frozen strawberries for this recipe?

Yes, you can use frozen strawberries for this recipe. Just make sure to thaw and drain them before using.

3. How do I make the amaretto glaze for the pastries?

To make the amaretto glaze, mix together 1/4 cup of powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons of amaretto liqueur until smooth. Drizzle over the pastries after they have finished baking.

4. How many pastries does this recipe make?

This recipe makes approximately 8-10 pastries, depending on the size of your puff pastry sheet and how big you cut the pastries.

5. Can I make these pastries ahead of time?

Yes, you can make these pastries ahead of time. After assembling the pastries, you can cover and refrigerate them for up to 24 hours before baking. You may need to add a few extra minutes to the baking time if the pastries are cold when going into the oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gussey30
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Kristina21
  • LakesideMom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies