• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Frozen Strawberry Slices Substitute for Strawberries in Syrup?

In summary, the person is having trouble finding frozen strawberries in syrup for a recipe. They have found frozen strawberry slices in sugar, which the recipe calls for. They also mention that there are two types of frozen berries, those frozen in sugar and those frozen plain. The person then realizes they have been looking at the wrong product the whole time and thank the expert for clarifying. The expert also suggests an alternative method for making the strawberries in syrup if they cannot find it in stores.
kam
Staff member
I would really like to make the Red, White & Blueberry Trifle - but for the life of me - I can't find frozen strawberries in syrup.

I have located a 16 oz plastic tub of frozen strawberry slices in sugar.
Is this the same thing? I have even tried Walmart and this is all I can find.

I made it once for a host and she couldn't locate it either and she bought canned strawberry pie filling. She was smart to think of that.

Thanks!

kam said:
I would really like to make the Red, White & Blueberry Trifle - but for the life of me - I can't find frozen strawberries in syrup.

I have located a 16 oz plastic tub of frozen strawberry slices in sugar.

Is this the same thing? I have even tried Walmart and this is all I can find.

I made it once for a host and she couldn't locate it either and she bought canned strawberry pie filling. She was smart to think of that.

Thanks!

Yes - this would be what the recipe is calling for! That is confusing - but there are 2 kinds of frozen berries - those frozen in sugar (Which makes a syrup when thawed) or those frozen plain.

ChefBeckyD said:
Yes - this would be what the recipe is calling for! That is confusing - but there are 2 kinds of frozen berries - those frozen in sugar (Which makes a syrup when thawed) or those frozen plain.

Oh my gosh - and these have been staring me in the face the WHOLE TIME! I really thought it would say "syrup".

Well, now I know! Thanks so much!!!!

kam said:
Oh my gosh - and these have been staring me in the face the WHOLE TIME! I really thought it would say "syrup".

Well, now I know! Thanks so much!!!!
You are welcome! I had the same question more than once from hosts....so you aren't alone.:balloon: The recipe really should say strawberries in sugar, because that's how they are labeled in the stores.

If I'm not too late don't buy the strawberries in syrup! All it is is about 3-4 sliced strawberries in sugar syrup. Just cut up a few more strawberries and add about 1/2 c. sugar and let it set for about 30 minutes. It works well and is much less expensive.

1. How do I make the syrup for the strawberries?

To make the syrup for the strawberries, you will need to combine equal parts sugar and water in a saucepan and heat until the sugar dissolves. You can also add in a splash of lemon juice for extra flavor.

2. Can I use frozen strawberries for this recipe?

Yes, you can use frozen strawberries for this recipe. However, make sure to thaw them completely before using and drain off any excess liquid.

3. How long can I store the strawberries in syrup?

The strawberries in syrup can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Make sure to keep them in an airtight container to maintain freshness.

4. Can I use a sugar substitute for this recipe?

Yes, you can use a sugar substitute such as stevia or honey for this recipe. Keep in mind that the sweetness level may vary, so adjust to your taste.

5. What can I serve the strawberries in syrup with?

The strawberries in syrup can be served with a variety of dishes such as ice cream, pancakes, waffles, or even as a topping for yogurt or oatmeal. Get creative and enjoy!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lkprescott
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • natural
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies