• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Still Submit a Show and Use Kit Credit if I Don't Want to Recruit?

encourage her to keep her current recruits and train them, then promote when she is ready. It's a lot of responsibility, but someone has to do it!Your consultant may think she doesn't want it now but she may resent it, and you, if she decides to recruit later. I would...encourage her to keep her current recruits and train them, then promote when she is ready. It's a lot of responsibility, but someone has to do it!
chefmeg
Gold Member
I have never had this situation before and really don't know if we are allowed to do this-any advice is helpful:
I have a team member that really, really, doesn't want to recruit! Well, don't you know that from her 2nd show, she has a very serious lead! She wants to know if she can still submit the show, have the host sign up with me as her recruiter and still use the kit credit from her show?????? It makes sense to me that it doesn't matter who submitted the show, only the consultant number that goes on the agreement, but I want to be sure we aren't doing anything wrong! Thanks!

Yes, that is okay. The kit credit follow the host, not the consultant. Congratulations!

Lisa

It took me almost a full year before I wanted to recruit. Now I"m trying to make director. It's only her 2nd show she is probally still a little overwelmed. In the beginning for me I kept thinking that There was noooo way I could juggle home life, a second job and my own business let alone recruiting.

She may come around, but some poeple never want directorship.

I know exactly how she feels. I am just finishing SS Month 3, and do not feel that I could spend the amount of time that a new recruit would need and deserve. I am just very fortunate that my director who recruited me, had the knowledge and time to give me sooooooo much help & encouragement. Her name is Barbara Lane, from Tulsa, Okla. She is a wonderful director.

Have you told her?Have you reminded her that as her Director, you will be responsible for training and mentoring her new recruit. That you will work hand in hand with her (your downline) to make sure that she begins learning how to train and mentor, but it is not her job. That it's not about throwing her to the wolves, but about building her business now for future leadership later.

When I promoted to Future, my first paycheck had an extra $100 on it. I would hate to see her later on regret the fact that she "gave away" a recruit.

Just a couple of thoughts. If she KNOWS that she is not the one responsible for training her recruit, it might make a difference!

Hope everything works out and ONE of you signs her!

Good point Nicole! I am in the process of building my team as well and I would love to have my members recruiting as well. Especially when they can get some extra bonuses like cookware in their SS months! What a way to build excitement! I have told them that if they get the leads I will help them with the interview and signing process as well as the training. Mine are all pretty new (one at 4 months and the others less than a month ) and haven't recruited yet but I would encourage them to be a mentor and friend rather than a trainer if they are not interested in that aspect.

Of course there are some people that really don't want to have anything to do with recruiting. Maybe it is a little scary as too much committment in their minds? So if she's still not interested then definately don't let a potential recruit miss out on the opportunity!

Good luck!

Michele

The not having to train was the selling point for me. I can barely keep my own self in check. When I was told this, recruiting became easier and I now have 1 recruit and 2 possibles.

If you are a director, the recruit will be in your first line anyway. It wouldn't be until the recruiter became a director that the recruit would actually become hers.

I have a consultant in my down line who said that she absolutely did not want to recruit and would send all her leads to me.

I told her the advantages to both her and me if she kept her recruits and that I would still train them until she was ready to take over. I even said her team could continue to attend my meetings once she promotes (and she could help with those meetings). AND if she chooses she can refuse directorship when the time comes.

Well, her niece decided to join and when the recruit called she was SO excited and proud and immediately started to talk about getting the second recruit so she can be a Future Director. I couple weeks ago she called me even more excited and said "I'm gonna be a FD!" She had another lead! You never know.

Your consultant may think she doesn't want it now but she may resent it, and you, if she decides to recruit later. I would talk her into letting her friend sign with her and see what happens. The new recruit is still in your downline so you still get credit for her. - As a director she would be in your first line until the recruiter promotes, then she'd be in your second line but you'd still get the 3% override.

YOU WANT DEEP AND WIDE!! Lots of recruits recruiting.

I have to say that I am one of those consultants who do not want to recruit. I have told my director this, and she has pointed out the benefits of recruiting. I understand that I am missing out on a larger paycheck, and it's not that I don't want any recruits. I guess I just am uncomfortable with approaching other people about the opportunity. Maybe that will change with time, but for now, I wait for them to come to me.

I always start my shows by telling my story and inviting them to ask any questions. Also, I was approached by a lady at our State Fair booth last year about selling, and she came over for a question/answer session about the opportunity. In the end, she decided not to sell, but I certainly would have helped her if she decided to sell.

1. What do I do if my downline is making strange requests?

If you are receiving strange requests from your downline, it is important to address the situation promptly and professionally. Start by communicating with your downline and asking for clarification on their requests. If the requests are unreasonable or outside of company policies, kindly explain the situation and offer alternative solutions. If the requests continue to be strange or inappropriate, it may be necessary to involve your upline or the company's human resources department.

2. How can I handle strange requests without damaging my relationship with my downline?

When dealing with strange requests from your downline, it is important to approach the situation with empathy and understanding. Listen to their concerns and try to find a compromise or alternative solution that works for both parties. It is also helpful to maintain open and honest communication to avoid any misunderstandings. Remember to remain professional and respectful throughout the process to preserve a positive working relationship with your downline.

3. I'm not sure if a request from my downline is appropriate. What should I do?

If you are unsure about the appropriateness of a request from your downline, it is best to err on the side of caution. Reach out to your upline or a colleague for their opinion and advice. You can also refer to the company's policies and guidelines to determine if the request aligns with the company's values and standards. If you still have doubts, it may be best to politely decline the request and explain why it is not feasible.

4. What should I do if my downline's strange requests are affecting my business?

If your downline's strange requests are negatively impacting your business, it is important to address the issue immediately. Communicate with your downline and explain how their requests are affecting your business and offer potential solutions. If the situation persists, it may be necessary to involve your upline or the company's management to find a resolution. Remember to remain professional and maintain open communication throughout the process.

5. How can I set boundaries with my downline to prevent strange requests?

Setting clear boundaries with your downline is essential in preventing strange requests. Start by communicating your expectations and boundaries from the beginning and make sure they are aware of the company's policies and guidelines. Encourage open communication and let them know they can come to you with any concerns or questions. If a strange request does arise, kindly remind your downline of the boundaries and policies that are in place.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Gagescorpages
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • babywings76