• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Booking a Summer Cooking Show: A Strange Phone Call Experience

In summary, the woman said that she had been so busy that she hadn't been able to call back, and then we talked about different times she could host. We decided on a date in August.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Okay, so I have a lady doing a catalog show, and she gave me the name & # of someone who wants to book a Cooking Show for this summer. She gave me the # on Friday, and tonight was the first time I had to make calls, so I just called this lady.

I introduced myself, and she said "Oh, I know that you've called, but I've been so busy that I haven't been able to call back..." (and I'm thinking to myself...whaaaaat?) But I continued the conversation, and we talked about some different times she could host, and decided on a date in August. I asked her if it was better to call or email her with more info, and she said "I really don't check my email often - I saw that you'd emailed me a few days ago when I got on today, but I don't check regularly, so you should probably call".

Okay now, I haven't called or emailed this lady before this evening....do you think there is another PC lady out there trying to book her too, or does she just have me confused with another Home Party plan?

I'm thinking she has you confused with another party plan. If it was me, the next time I spoke to her I'd say something like "I've been thinking about something you said the other day, which has me confused. You mentioned you'd received phone and e-mail messages from me, but that was actually the first time I contacted you. I just want to be sure we are on the same page . . . that this is for a Pampered Chef party on xx(date) at xx(time). I don't want you to think there is someone from a whole different company walking in your door that day!"

I second calling her and clarifying. If she has by some chance gotten on another PC consultant's list, you don't want her accidentally sending that consultant all your orders. :eek:

Yes, I'd clarify. She might actually have been talking to another PC Consultant.

I sure hope she's not talking about me!!! :)

I would clarify also... I actually had this happen last year. The woman picked up one of my catty's in an office and called me to book a party. We booked, and then she went to a party and booked with that consultant also. Needless to say that by the time her party came, I let it go to the other consultant.

(Since then, she has placed outside orders with me even though I told her I was not the one who did her party. She said that was ok, it was me sending her monthly newsletters).

What is a "Strange Phone Call" and why are people asking about it?

A "Strange Phone Call" is a term used to describe an unexpected or unusual phone call that a person receives. People may be asking about it because they are curious or concerned about the nature of the call.

What are some examples of a "Strange Phone Call"?

Examples of a "Strange Phone Call" can include prank calls, scam calls, wrong number calls, or even calls from unknown or suspicious numbers.

What should I do if I receive a "Strange Phone Call"?

If you receive a "Strange Phone Call," it is important to stay calm and not engage with the caller. You can either hang up the phone or simply ignore the call. It is also a good idea to block the number to prevent any further calls.

Can I report a "Strange Phone Call"?

Yes, you can report a "Strange Phone Call" to your local authorities or the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). They may be able to investigate the call and take action if it is a scam or harassment.

How can I prevent "Strange Phone Calls" in the future?

To prevent "Strange Phone Calls," you can register your phone number on the National Do Not Call Registry. You can also be cautious about giving out your phone number and never give personal or financial information over the phone to unknown callers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Bren706
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies