• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Store in Town With Our Products in It

In summary, the woman is advertising that she has Pampered Chef products in her store, and has sections with products marked up more than what they are in the catalog. She was contacted by the home office, and is no longer a consultant but has current items in her store.
crissy11
Gold Member
I found this on Facebook and have reported it to the home office. They haven't done anything as far as I know. She is advertising that she has Pampered Chef products in her store. You can look at the pictures and see a whole section with products. She has the sauces that are $12 for $14.95 in her display.
Please help me stop this by flooding home office with requests to stand by their rules and contact this person.

The Gift Closet | Facebook

Don't worry, they will follow through on this violation.

I see she is selling other direct-selling company products too. It is too bad that people are getting this desperate to make money that they don't check to make certain they have permission to do this. I totally support small business but maybe she just doesn't realize she can't do this. Innocent until proven guilty, right?

Have you tried sending her a message and reminding her of the policies?

yep... got a coupon for 50% off anything in the store....

There are store acrose the state's that direct sale companies can rent space to display their products. I have had somebody approach me about this. They would not sell anything but I could have door prize slips/contact sheet's and work my booth when I wanted.

Kelly8 said:
Have you tried sending her a message and reminding her of the policies?

It's usually best to leave these kinds of things up to HO. You never know what kind of response you'll get.

NooraK said:
It's usually best to leave these kinds of things up to HO. You never know what kind of response you'll get.

I agree. Never comment when it really isn't our "place" to do so. Sometimes I forget that and I say things that I really shouldn't. I have "foot in mouth" disease. :yuck:

crissy11 said:
yep... got a coupon for 50% off anything in the store....

was she trying to buy your silence, lol;)

Is there really anything they can do if she isn't a consultant? People sell things at yard sales all the time...

I would think with it being in a store and it is in her advertising that she has our products and when you look at the pictures she has them marked up more than what they are in the catalog. If anything she needs to pull those and let her consultant know it isn't allowed.

the home office said they would give her a deadline to get the products out of the store and that they would try to find the consultant. wanted to know if I could go in there and see if there was a card laying there with contact information.

Keep us updated, that's pretty ballsy... and I'm sorry but I think it's a bit ignorant if you honestly think no one will notice and report it!

the home office contacted her and she is no longer a consultant but has current items in her store. They said that if they could not find out who is supplying her than there was NOTHING they could do...
I am just shocked that she will be able to continue..

You know, none of our stuff is marked "not for resale." If someone wants to pay more for it in her store than through our catalog, I guess they can. Need to put my lawyer friends on this one! Of course, marketing using the PC name is a different story. Some consultant could innocently be selling to her, but not likely to be too innocent.

On a completely different but similar topic, we had a problem with people selling Girl Scout Cookies outside of the selling season and, well obviously the girls weren't selling them, in a store. We had to contact her a few times, but really there is not much that can be done. I think people just don't realize where the boundaries are anymore.
Mara

I understand that this is wrong and unethical from a PC consultant stand point, but I don't really see how we can be criticizing this person. She is a business person, buying at one price and selling at another. She's not selling stolen merchandise, which a lot of people do. She is not selling blackmarket products. If she isn't a consultant and people want to pay higher prices, then they have a right to do so.
On the girlscout cookie note, I thin it hits a little lower b/c most of us view girl scouts as a very noble organization, but then again, the retailer paid full price for them, and is marking them up. The girl scouts didn't miss out. I was in our local grocery store the other day. They still had the Dryers Girl Scout Cookie Ice Cream in their freezer case. Should we make them take it off the shelf? No!!! Should we criticize Dryers for buying cookies from the girlscouts and creating an Ice Cream flavor that includes the cookies?
It is all against our consultant agreement, and I agree that it is wrong for a consultant to do this, but the woman selling them in her store is a business woman not associated with TPC.
Do you go around reporting every garage sale where you see PC products?
Just my opinion, take it for what it's worth.

We CAN sell at a yard sale. Even consultants. We own the items and once we own them we can do what we want as long as we don't sell them for more than we paid and as long as we don't sell them on places like eBay.

As far as the person who has her things in the store is concerned: I am not defending this person. We can NOT put products in a store for sale. But I would bet that she marked things up a bit to cover tax and shipping. Even if they tax at the store, she had to pay it to get the items. So I'm thinking that she's just recouping. That being said, she is still in the wrong and needs to pull PC out of the store.

BethCooks4U said:
We CAN sell at a yard sale. Even consultants. We own the items and once we own them we can do what we want as long as we don't sell them for more than we paid and as long as we don't sell them on places like eBay.

As far as the person who has her things in the store is concerned: I am not defending this person. We can NOT put products in a store for sale. But I would bet that she marked things up a bit to cover tax and shipping. Even if they tax at the store, she had to pay it to get the items. So I'm thinking that she's just recouping. That being said, she is still in the wrong and needs to pull PC out of the store.

It sounds like you are assuming that a consultant has them there on a "Consignment" type basis. If that is the case, then I agree with you. If the store owner bought them outright, then that is her business. Although it may be against the consultant agreement, it isn't illegal.
Really though look at all of the drug sales and such that go on in this world, don't you think we should go after some of them and not harrass people trying to make an honest living. It has been reported to HO, sounds like they have done what they can.
I don't want to sound like I think this is something a consultant should do. I don't. It is against the agreement, and if someone chooses to do this, then they are risking their carreer, but it is not our place as a consultant for a company to tell customers (which is what the business owner is) what they should and shouldn't do with their products.

lesliec said:
The girl scouts didn't miss out. I was in our local grocery store the other day. They still had the Dryers Girl Scout Cookie Ice Cream in their freezer case. Should we make them take it off the shelf? No!!! Should we criticize Dryers for buying cookies from the girlscouts and creating an Ice Cream flavor that includes the cookies?

Not that it really has anything to do with this thread I wanted to respond to this.
Actually the Girl's DO miss out. The point of the cookie sale is to teach girls a wide array of skills, from public speaking, selling, responsibility, pride in themselves, etc. When adults take this from the girls and start selling cookies for their own profit, it diminishes what it means to the girls. It takes it away from being a "girl thing" to being an everyone thing. Too many people, parents of Girl Scouts included do not truly understand what the cookie sale can do for a girl when she follows the "rules and guidelines" such as selling them herself, not her parents taking the form to work. Instead the parent should bring the girl to her work to ask her coworkers and friends. Only the scout should sell the cookies.

As for Dreyers, they have an agreement with the Girl Scouts of the USA and they set the stipulations for who and how long their ice cream can be sold. Dreyers did not buy those cookies from girls at the local grocery store and put them into the ice cream. So no I wouldn't think about complaining to the store or to Dreyers about those products.

Mara

As you can see I rarely post, but this is one of those times I just can't resist. I mean really, we need to go after the drug pushers?!! I think that is clearly NOT part of my job discription. However, anyone who sells PC in an actual store is messin with my business.
I have worked my PC business for 15 years and have been following the rules, now and even before they changed all of them. If you look at the pictures that were posted on FB you can see new products as well as older ones. Though this person may or may not be a consultant, she is selling our products from a store and not a party setting. Are you saying because she purchased them, she can sell them any way she wants? Try that with your drug prescription and see what it gets you. Who knows how many shows or orders a consultant may not get because of this. What about the guarantee and customer satisfaction that PC stands for? We as consultants will be the losers if her customers aren't satisfied. Maybe we should all just set up shop and forget the rules?

can you imagine the whole warranty situation??? She will come to our parties insisting that she bought this item,which she did, but home office is not going to have her name in the system to honor the warranty.
I can see more and more people selling our products in stores in the future and we will suffer.. I remember when Tupperware sold in Walmart or Kmart and their consultants suffered terribly that they pulled them off the shelves..
I do this as my career and have for 11 years and have been honest and worked my butt off to consistently earn trips and make top performer every year and I don't want to see it go down just because others want it the easy way.
But if it works, why not? There are too many consultants and ways to get around the business guide for them to put the brakes on everything that is reported, much less not reported.
So really this is no different than selling our products on Ebay.

1. What types of products can I find at your store?

At our store, you can find a wide variety of kitchen tools and cookware from Pampered Chef. We have everything from knives and cutting boards to baking dishes and small appliances.

2. Do you offer any exclusive products at your store?

Yes, we do offer some exclusive products that can only be found at our Pampered Chef store. These products have been carefully designed and tested by our team to provide the best cooking experience for our customers.

3. Can I purchase items online and pick them up at your store?

Absolutely! We offer the option for customers to purchase items online and pick them up at our store. This allows for a more convenient shopping experience and saves on shipping costs.

4. Are there any sales or discounts at your store?

We often have sales and promotions at our store, so be sure to check our website or social media pages for any current deals. Additionally, we offer a 10% discount for first-time customers and have a loyalty program for returning customers.

5. Do you offer cooking classes or demonstrations at your store?

Yes, we do offer cooking classes and demonstrations at our store. These are a great way to learn how to use our products and get new recipe ideas. You can check our website for upcoming classes and events.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Windy City Pampered Chef
  • Judybabe
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • JanisF
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies