• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Streamline Your Show Orders with This Stop Sell Order Sheet | Maximize Sales

In summary, the conversation involves the creation of a sheet for shows in light of delayed items, suggestions for handling the "stop sell" items, and discussions on how to compensate hosts affected by the stop sell. A file is shared to help with tracking hostess leads. There is also confusion about how to handle the situation and whether or not to mention the stop sell items to customers. The conversation ends with a reminder to get orders in before Monday night to avoid cancellations.
kmacchef16
Gold Member
I created a sheet to take to my shows with me. I thought if I tell them about the items being delayed, then I could collect names and contact them when they are able to place orders.

Hope it helps you too.

(hopefully the attachment works since I have never attached anything before)

Last edited:
This is nice, but the Quikut Paring Knives are not on stop sell.

Here, I fixed it.....

Attachments

• THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE.doc
    71 KB · Views: 597
Thanks! I think I will use this instead of stickers on my catalog that will later have to be removed. We could also give it to anyone that does a catalog show and have the fill it in, too.

Great thank you for the update it looks fantastic.

You might want to go to your 1st post and delete the attachment. To do that do edit, go advanced, and you'll see an option for deleting it.

With that file, we should open a show in PP that is just for the "stop sell" items and add the guest and the item to that show right away to make sure we have full addresses/contact information.

Thanks so much for sharing, I have a show this weekend and I was trying to think of how I could let a group know without marking up all my catalogs.

Here's mine - not as fancy, though! Wanted to keep track of the Hostess Leads do that I can give them some type of credit!

Attachments

• Baker and Bottle Waiting List.doc
    24 KB · Views: 471
Thank you all for your help - I guess I have been too busy and in seeing all of the paring knives on backorder I didn't read my email very closely.
I will go back in and delete the attachment.

tlennhoff said:
Great thank you for the update it looks fantastic.

You might want to go to your 1st post and delete the attachment. To do that do edit, go advanced, and you'll see an option for deleting it.
I didn't post the first one, so I don't think I can delete it.

Sorry, I didn't pay careful attention to the names, saw the "i fixed it" and ... assumed (yeah I know...) that it was the same person. We have 2 great files here thanks to 3 posters now what more could us cheffers ask for?

tlennhoff said:
Sorry, I didn't pay careful attention to the names, saw the "i fixed it" and ... assumed (yeah I know...) that it was the same person. We have 2 great files here thanks to 3 posters now what more could us cheffers ask for?
No problem!!!:p

tri colored quikcut knives..
pamperedlinda said:
This is nice, but the Quikut Paring Knives are not on stop sell.
I read somewhere, they're way on back order??

My director just sent us an email saying that we shouldn't bring up the Stop Sell items unless they ask us about it. We have so many wonderful things in the catalog that we shouldn't put the emphasis on the fact that we can't sell 2.

My thought was that most of my customers come to me with their order already filled out. I would hate to have them change everything if they put one of those on the order form.

Now I am not sure which way to go.:confused:

Thanks for making this.
I think instead of talking about how they're on stop-sell; I'm just going to have this flyer ready at my order taking table. Then if someone has these items on their order, I'll add their name then.

jwpamp said:
Here's mine - not as fancy, though! Wanted to keep track of the Hostess Leads do that I can give them some type of credit!

What type of credit are you going to give your hosts? I have this exact issue with my host this weekend. Her friend wanted the baker and has already paid her for it. Now I'm telling her we have to cancel a $65 order. She isn't very happy. So far all I have offered her is the chance to put together a catalog show when the baker becomes available again, or have her friend do a show when it becomes available and give her the booking benefit for that.

amya said:
What type of credit are you going to give your hosts? I have this exact issue with my host this weekend. Her friend wanted the baker and has already paid her for it. Now I'm telling her we have to cancel a $65 order. She isn't very happy. So far all I have offered her is the chance to put together a catalog show when the baker becomes available again, or have her friend do a show when it becomes available and give her the booking benefit for that.

Sorry to yell, but, YOU DON'T HAVE TO CANCEL IT IF YOU GET THE ORDER IN BY MONDAY NIGHT, MIDNIGHT CENTRAL TIME!!!

With a SMILE on your face and a TWINKLE in your eyes briefly mention it as you start your demo.

Please notice the products on pages 35 & 39. The sales of these 2 popular items from our recent product launch has exceeded the inventory TPC started with & we have put them on STOP SELL. This will allow our manufacturer a chance to catch up with our orders already submitted to our Home Office.

Unfortunately, I can't offer them to you today, but if you are interested in purchasing them when they become available please write that on the DPS & I'll call you as soon as they are for sale.

Teresa

Theresa, that's perfect!

What I have suggested in the past, so as to not punish the host, is to ask the customer if they would like to purchase a gift certificate for the amount of the stop-sell item, and then redeem the gift certificate when the item is released. That way, the host gets show credit for it, and the customer ultimately gets the item (as long as they are willing to wait for it).

It is a little more involved since the customer has to redeem directly through PC and there are direct shipping charges involved -- but you could find some creative ways to facilitate that (i.e. pull all items on one GC and ship to one address)... I just think that the host shouldn't have to lose benefits....

I posted on thread what a great idea I think the gift certs are. I think your idea her to put them all together is even better. I guess doing one for the DBSets and one for the CCBaker would be best so that if they become available at different times then each could be redeemed then. I have not done an GC's yet. is there a product item # you enter? I better get out my handbook and do some reading. I also wonder if the Dec. Bot. Sets will come off stop sell sooner than the stoneware due to the easier manufacturing??? what do you think?

So, when we sale Gift Certificates, they go to our website to redeem them. They cannot use then through us for an individual order via PP. I have never sold any.

When I have done them I have just made up one for the dollar amount and they come to me to redeem but that has been for gifts not for a host to get credit.

I would normally issue "my own" gift certificate but in this case, I think it's better to use PC's because the hostess will get immediate show credit. You could roll all the orders for the stop sell items into one gift cert, and have it shipped to yourself or have the host give you the cert # info when she receives it. Then you can take care of going online and placing the order when the stop sell ends, having it sent directly to the host. it would be just like a backordered shipment arriving later.

If we roll all orders into one what happes to the warranty? Do we just give them all a copy of the same receipt? Will it let us enter multiple gift certificates for one order? How do I enter gift certificates in PP?

I am sorry for so many questions.....I have never done this but would like to offer it as an option for my host to not loose any FPV by them being on stop sell.

I was suggesting a consultant host (or maybe a mystery host) with each person's order being done as a guest for a show. Mostly I thought this would be an easy way to make sure that when the items become available again you'd simply have to submit the show.

As to the gift certificates, in Pampered Partner, in the guest screen is a button for Gift Certificate that has you enter all the information for the gift certificate so that it will be shipped to them. Or you could do it C/O you and then you could enter the information into your own website for them since you'd have everything you need to do this for them.

So then that way the receipt would be in their name for the warrenty.. .whether it came to us or to them??? I've not done one yet eitehr but I want to be prepared

what I am doingKristin, I aggree with your director. So I am not mentioning it unless I get asked about those products. I do not like to bring up negative things at my shows. IF I am asked then I will explain what stop sell is and why then pass around the great flyer that was posted here. If no one asks but then someone orders one during the checkout process I will interrupt everyone and tell them then or maybe just individually tell them and have the flyer available to fill out(not sure which, depends on the crowd)

Anyone else have ideas on how to present this?

Kristin, I aggree with your director. So I am not mentioning it unless I get asked about those products. I do not like to bring up negative things at my shows. IF I am asked then I will explain what stop sell is and why then pass around the great flyer that was posted here. If no one asks but then someone orders one during the checkout process I will interrupt everyone and tell them then or maybe just individually tell them and have the flyer available to fill out(not sure which, depends on the crowd)

Anyone else have ideas on how to present this?

StickersI made up stickers for the front of my catalogs that say

DUE TO POPULAR DEMAND THE DECORATOR BOTTLE SET #1585 AND THE CRANBERRY DEEP COVERED BAKER #1321 ARE CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE. WE ARE SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE.

My DH put them on for me last night so I'd have them for my show tonight. This way, before they even look at the pictures in the catalog they know.
I havd out my catalogs at the end of my show, so I won't be starting out on a negative.

tlennhoff said:
I was suggesting a consultant host (or maybe a mystery host) with each person's order being done as a guest for a show. Mostly I thought this would be an easy way to make sure that when the items become available again you'd simply have to submit the show.

As to the gift certificates, in Pampered Partner, in the guest screen is a button for Gift Certificate that has you enter all the information for the gift certificate so that it will be shipped to them. Or you could do it C/O you and then you could enter the information into your own website for them since you'd have everything you need to do this for them.

Thanks for helping me out! That sounds like a good idea!

I have a form that was given to me by my director. I have some catalog show's going on and one show and I think I'm going to make sure the hosts get this.

Attachments

• Out Of Stock Unavailable Items (2).pdf
    361.9 KB · Views: 433
Theresa4chef said:
I have a form that was given to me by my director. I have some catalog show's going on and one show and I think I'm going to make sure the hosts get this.

I got this same flyer this weekend from my director:D I thought it was too cute. I just stapled the two pages back to back, & passed around at the beginning of the show & said to add their name if they wanted me to call when they're available. Worked great!

BTW, I saw you are from GB--my dh & I are Packers fans & came up there a few years ago & had a blast!

A couple of you have mentioned not bringing the stop sell items to your shows. Actually Pampered Chef has stated that we are NOT to show those items. So, the answer to your concern whether to show or not to show is DO NOT TAKE THEM TO YOUR SHOWS.

PS: We are also Packer fans! Born and raised in WI - it is in our blood - good year or bad.

Because I've sold so many of the decorator bottles, I've been making sure I tell guests that, "They are so wonderful, and so popular that I can't even sell you one right now. Our home office doesn't want you to order something and then be disappointed because it's backordered for a long time. However, I'll be glad to let them know when they're available again."

Can WE????
Theresa4chef said:
can we use this at our shows being we aren't suppose to show them at all??

BethCooks4U said:
PS: We are also Packer fans! Born and raised in WI - it is in our blood - good year or bad.

Awesome:D Have you been to a game? Hasn't been a very good few years; my dh has been a die hard fan since he was little.
Here I go, changing the subject;)

I think we can use flyers but not show the product.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Kearns
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • ChefGwendolyn
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
lesliec
  • SusanBP0129