• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stonewear Baking: Tips for Using and Caring for Your Stones

In summary, to season your new stoneware, wash it with warm soapy water and dry it, apply a layer of vegetable oil, and heat it in the oven. It is not recommended to use stoneware on the stove or under a broiler and it should be cleaned with warm soapy water and not harsh scrub brushes. Metal utensils should not be used on stoneware and it is safe to put in the dishwasher, but hand washing is recommended.
WendyAebi
Do I need to let the stones cool between cookie batches?? (I can't believe I haven't made cookies on my stones yet! But these are for a show tomorrow and I can't afford to mess 'em up!)

Nope. Usually I let the cookies sit on the stone for 5-10 minutes though, so it does start to cool off a little. FYI, one way to make baking batches of cookies go faster is use parchment paper. You can cut out a piece that will fit your stone and while the stone is in the oven with cookies on them, scoop out more dough onto the paper. Then once you remove the baked cookies, just slide the parchment paper onto the stone with the cookies on them. It saves time! :)

Interesting! Do you still get all the stonewear benefits by doing it that way? Same tops & bottoms, etc.?

I've only done it a few times this way, but I don't remember it being any different than usual when I've used parchment paper. Maybe experiment and see what happens. :)

I don't cool my cookies at all, I place them directly on the stone, take out the first batch and start placing them (very carefully so they don't break in transfer) on the stackable cooling rack and insert the 2nd batch

1. How do I season my new stoneware before using it?

To season your new stoneware, first wash it with warm soapy water and dry it thoroughly. Then, rub a thin layer of vegetable oil all over the surface, including the bottom and sides. Place it in a cool oven and heat to 400°F (200°C) for 30 minutes. Let it cool completely before using.

2. Can I use stoneware on the stove or under a broiler?

No, stoneware is not recommended for use on the stove or under a broiler. It is designed for use in the oven or microwave only.

3. How do I clean my stoneware after use?

After use, allow the stoneware to cool completely before washing it with warm soapy water. Avoid using harsh scrub brushes or abrasive cleaners as they can damage the stoneware's surface. If there are stubborn food particles, you can soak the stoneware in warm water to help loosen them before washing.

4. Can I use metal utensils on stoneware?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils on stoneware as they can scratch or damage the surface. Instead, use wooden, plastic, or silicone utensils when cooking or serving with stoneware.

5. Can I put my stoneware in the dishwasher?

Yes, stoneware is dishwasher safe. However, it is recommended to wash it by hand to prolong its lifespan and prevent any potential damage from harsh dishwasher detergents. If using the dishwasher, place the stoneware on the top rack and avoid overcrowding it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Becky0216
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Becky0216
  • Gypsy Rose
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Gypsy Rose
  • Intrepid_Chef