• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Baking with Stoneware: Delicious Cakes Every Time

In summary, to properly season stoneware before baking, rinse with warm water, dry, and rub with vegetable oil before baking at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. It can be used for all types of cakes, but be sure to adjust baking time. To prevent sticking, grease with butter or cooking spray and use parchment paper. Multiple cakes can be baked at once, but leave space and monitor baking time. Clean with warm water and mild detergent, avoiding harsh chemicals and never placing hot stoneware in cold water.
California Girl
What stonewear is great for making cakes

9x13 baker or in the microwave I love the fluted stone.

Just did a 10 minuted lava cake in the deep dish pie plate. did a small cake mix according to box, the 18. something oz one, with 6 small scoops of frosting. Stilll need to play around with it, but it turned out so nicely on to the cake pedestal without making a mess. I am very excited to play with this some more. :D

The molten lava cake in the DCB is awesome and it makes it a hit for selling it full price too.

I love making the Molten Lava cake in the DCB! It is a HUGE hit at shows! Last night did it in the fluted stone for the first time and it turned out great! Everyone loved it! Even sold quite a few of that stone!

abigailhutch said:
I love making the Molten Lava cake in the DCB! It is a HUGE hit at shows! Last night did it in the fluted stone for the first time and it turned out great! Everyone loved it! Even sold quite a few of that stone!

Yum! Can you pm me the recipe??

Fluted pan - microwave recipes (search for 3 2 1 cake)

Do you make the lava cake with the lid on or off? I've been making it with the lid off but just read a post about the lid being on...

1. How do I properly season my stoneware before baking with it?

To season your stoneware, simply rinse it with warm water and dry it thoroughly. Then, rub a thin layer of vegetable oil over the entire surface of the stoneware, including the handles. Place it in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes. Let it cool completely before using it for baking.

2. Can I use stoneware for all types of cakes?

Yes, stoneware is versatile and can be used for all types of cakes, including pound cake, angel food cake, and even cheesecake. Just be sure to adjust the baking time as stoneware tends to bake faster than metal pans.

3. How do I prevent my cake from sticking to the stoneware?

To prevent sticking, always grease the stoneware with butter or cooking spray before adding the cake batter. You can also line the bottom of the stoneware with parchment paper for extra insurance.

4. Can I use stoneware to bake multiple cakes at once?

Yes, you can stack stoneware on top of each other to create multiple layers of cakes. Just be sure to leave enough space between the stoneware for air to circulate and monitor the baking time closely.

5. How do I clean and care for my stoneware after baking?

Cleaning stoneware is easy. Simply use warm water and a mild detergent to wash it. Avoid using harsh chemicals or scouring pads, as they can damage the stoneware's surface. Allow the stoneware to cool completely before cleaning it. To prevent cracking, never place hot stoneware in cold water. Let it cool down gradually before cleaning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• stefani2
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Beckycooks
  • casescafe
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • deliciousdiva