• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stoneware with Glue: Causes and Solutions for Damaged Packaging

In summary, the customer is having problems with the glue on their stones. Not sure what can be done to get the glue off, but they are going to return them. PC said it might have been done in the manufacturing process and they don't open the boxes.
Malinda Klein
Gold Member
I just had a customer call with glue on their stoneware, when they opened it up from the box. This is the second stone i've received this complaint about. Anyone else hear of this? PC said it might have been done in the manufacturing process and they don't open the boxes.

Not sure if anything can be done to get the glue off, without damaging the stone either.

I don't know but I'd definitely do an adjustment. They'll pay to return it (30 days) and then they will see the problem.

I had a client with the same issue. 2nd stone had the same problem. So called HO to let them know about it. They said only 1 other person had notified them and weren't sure what the issue was.

This is why customer care calls are so important. Sometimes, the guests will get their products and pack them away for "later". Then when "later" comes and they have a problem, it's after the 30-day-free-return date. It's always good to contact the guest to make sure that their product arrived in good condition.

I had one like this to, It lookes to be the glue from the box. I did turn it in to HO and they sent out a new one, since I didn't have to return it, i used warm water and the pan scraper and it came off with a little elbow grease.

My customer has been VERY patient... they just got their THIRD stone and it has glue on it too. I'm going to tell them about trying to remove the glue, but they shouldn't have to do this. I hope they get this fixed quickly. It's making Pampered Chef look really badSorry, just had to vent. I'm thinking about sending them something extra just for all the hassles with this stone.

Malinda do you live close enough to the customer to go on over and try to remove the glue yourself? THAT would be personalized and great Customer Service.

Malinda Klein said:
My customer has been VERY patient... they just got their THIRD stone and it has glue on it too. I'm going to tell them about trying to remove the glue, but they shouldn't have to do this. I hope they get this fixed quickly. It's making Pampered Chef look really bad

Sorry, just had to vent. I'm thinking about sending them something extra just for all the hassles with this stone.

Call HO and talk to a supervisor. Express how frustrating this has been and that you are concerned about the customer's impression of PC after getting THREE stones that had this issue. Ask them if they could send her a little something extra. (they've done it a couple times for my customers)

You shouldn't have to spend $$ for that.

Last edited:
I agree with Beth! Let the company send her an "I'm sorry" gift, don't take it out of your commission. They need to be aware that there's an issue with the boxing process that's allowing glue to fall on the stones. ;)

What is the best way to clean stoneware with glue on it?

The best way to clean stoneware with glue on it is to first soak it in hot water for a few minutes. Then, use a non-abrasive scrub brush or sponge to gently scrub the glue off. You can also use a mixture of equal parts water and white vinegar to help loosen the glue.

Can I use harsh chemicals or abrasives to remove the glue?

No, it is not recommended to use harsh chemicals or abrasives on stoneware as it can damage the glaze and affect the non-stick properties of the stoneware. Stick to using non-abrasive cleaning methods as mentioned above.

How do I prevent glue from sticking to my stoneware in the first place?

To prevent glue from sticking to your stoneware, make sure to use parchment paper or a silicone baking mat when using sticky ingredients. You can also lightly grease the stoneware with cooking spray before using it.

What should I do if the glue has hardened on my stoneware?

If the glue has hardened on your stoneware, you can try soaking it in hot water for longer or using a plastic scraper to gently scrape off the hardened glue. Avoid using metal utensils as they can scratch the stoneware.

Is it safe to use stoneware with glue on it for cooking?

No, it is not safe to use stoneware with glue on it for cooking as the glue can melt or burn, potentially releasing harmful chemicals into your food. Make sure to thoroughly clean the stoneware before using it for cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KimmyDarling
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • lesliec
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lesliec
  • babywings76