• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stoneware Under the Broiler....

In summary, the conversation is about a customer's stone wear dish turning black after being left under the broiler while the oven was being preheated. The participants in the conversation share their own experiences with similar incidents, with some mentioning that stonewear is not safe to use under the broiler. Some suggest that the dish can still be used, but with caution as it may crack. Others mention that using PAM or soap on the dish can also cause it to turn black. Overall, the conversation serves as a reminder to be careful when using stonewear in the oven.
letscook04
Gold Member
Gotta love emails from customers:
My stone wear dish accidently was under the broiler while we were heating the oven up to do garlic bread. Well it is black in color. Does this mean it is ruined?

Has anyone had this happened before turning black in color?

letscook04 said:
Gotta love emails from customers:
My stone wear dish accidently was under the broiler while we were heating the oven up to do garlic bread. Well it is black in color. Does this mean it is ruined?

Has anyone had this happened before turning black in color?

My large round stone is very black....I've left it in the oven more than once when preheating.

She is actually very fortunate that it didn't break - stonewear is not broiler safe!

I have one that is black from cheese gooing all over it.

ChefBeckyD said:
My large round stone is very black....I've left it in the oven more than once when preheating.

She is actually very fortunate that it didn't break - stonewear is not broiler safe!

Can she still use it?

She can still use it, but tell her to beware it may crack! I had this happen to me. I forgot the rule of not putting it under the broiler and would often do this to make my french fries extra crispy, One day my husband took it out of the oven and the corner came off in his hand. The day it broke we were not using it under the broiler either! He was afraid to tell me that it broke and when he did, it fianlly clicked that you are not to use the stones under the broiler. :rolleyes:

Lesson well learned!

I have a host that uses PAM on her stone, and uses soap, and hers is pitch black... and sticky...and spooky looking.

Thanks everyone for all your replies!!:)

Colleen~

I would say she needs to just be careful with it...it may or may not crack during use sometime in the future! My small round stone was sitting on top of my stove and it got very hot where the oven vents....it turned the edge a very dark black color too. It has worn off slightly, but I can still tell where it was.

I would just tell her to be very careful.

1. Can I put Pampered Chef stoneware under the broiler?

Yes, our stoneware is safe to use under the broiler. It is designed to withstand high temperatures and can be used in ovens up to 450°F.

2. How do I properly preheat my stoneware before using it under the broiler?

To ensure even heating, we recommend preheating your stoneware in the oven for 10-15 minutes before placing it under the broiler. This will prevent any sudden temperature changes that could cause it to crack.

3. Can I use my stoneware under the broiler if it has a glaze or coating?

Yes, our stoneware is coated with a non-toxic glaze that is safe to use under the broiler. However, it is important to avoid using any stoneware with cracks or chips, as this can compromise the integrity of the glaze.

4. Is it safe to use metal utensils on my stoneware when broiling?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils on stoneware when broiling. Metal can scratch the surface of the stoneware and potentially damage the glaze. We recommend using heat-safe silicone or wooden utensils instead.

5. How do I clean my stoneware after using it under the broiler?

After use, allow the stoneware to cool completely before cleaning. You can hand wash it with warm soapy water or place it in the dishwasher. Avoid using harsh abrasives or metal scouring pads, as they can damage the stoneware's surface.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tabnat80
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • quiverfull7
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
whyunfor11ow
  • Wendyss