• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stoneware Turning Green: Causes and Solutions for Odd Color Change

In summary, stoneware can turn green due to a reaction between the minerals in the clay and the minerals in the food being cooked. This is harmless and does not affect the safety or quality of the stoneware. It is safe to use green stoneware and to prevent it from turning green, avoid cooking high-mineral foods in it and properly care for it. If your stoneware has turned green, you can still use it normally and the green color may fade over time with regular use and care.
n8vtxn
One of my stones is developing this odd greenish color. Yesterday I was going to use it, but noticed the odd color so I washed it with really HOT water and my scraper and when I dried it w/ a paper towel, the paper towel turned green where I rubbed. It worries me and I wonder if its molding. Has any one else had this issue?

Ick....Did you contact PC Customer Service on that? I'd be interested in finding out what that is. Did you try using the baking soda with a soft sponge? OOOHHHH.....that sounds really aweful.....

Let me know how you make out.

Thanks,
KElley

I would...definately try the baking soda paste on the stone. How bizarre, I have never heard of a stone turning green.

did you?I scrubbed one of mine with a sponge the other day that one side was the green "scrub" side and noticed a little of the color rubber off on it. Have you use a colored sponge? Just a thought. The color came right off though when I switched to a white rag.

I emailed HO with the problem. I'll let you know what they say after I hear from them.

What causes stoneware to turn green?

Stoneware can turn green due to a reaction between the minerals in the clay and the minerals in the food being cooked. This reaction is harmless and does not affect the safety or quality of the stoneware.

Is it safe to use green stoneware?

Yes, it is safe to use green stoneware. The green color is simply a natural reaction between the minerals in the clay and the minerals in the food being cooked. It does not affect the safety or quality of the stoneware.

How do I prevent my stoneware from turning green?

To prevent stoneware from turning green, avoid cooking foods with high mineral content, such as acidic or alkaline foods, in the stoneware. Also, make sure to properly season and care for your stoneware according to the instructions provided.

Can I still use my stoneware if it has turned green?

Yes, you can still use your stoneware if it has turned green. The green color is harmless and does not affect the safety or quality of the stoneware. Simply continue to use and care for your stoneware as usual.

Will the green color go away over time?

The green color may fade over time with regular use and proper care of the stoneware. However, it is normal for stoneware to retain some discoloration from cooking and is not a cause for concern.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Junderwood2009
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BlueMoon
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • trps