• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stoneware turning GREEN!

n8vtxn

Jul 23, 2005
One of my stones is developing this odd greenish color. Yesterday I was going to use it, but noticed the odd color so I washed it with really HOT water and my scraper and when I dried it w/ a paper towel, the paper towel turned green where I rubbed. It worries me and I wonder if its molding. Has any one else had this issue?

Kelley Sells

Feb 2, 2006
Ick....

Did you contact PC Customer Service on that? I'd be interested in finding out what that is. Did you try using the baking soda with a soft sponge? OOOHHHH.....that sounds really aweful.....

Let me know how you make out.

Thanks,
KElley

soonerchef

Veteran Member
Feb 17, 2006
I would...

definately try the baking soda paste on the stone. How bizarre, I have never heard of a stone turning green.

jrstephens

Legend Member
Feb 18, 2006
did you?

I scrubbed one of mine with a sponge the other day that one side was the green "scrub" side and noticed a little of the color rubber off on it. Have you use a colored sponge? Just a thought. The color came right off though when I switched to a white rag.