• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Caring for Your First Stone: Ideas & Tips

Yes, you are seeing more broken stones because of the special. I have also had a few guests with chips on the edges of their stoneware. I'm not sure if its just because of the special or if they are not taking care of their stones.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
I have a customer looking for things to do with her stone (this is her first one) and how to care for it. I was going to tell her, but was wondering if anyone had a flyer to that effect so that she could have it on hand.
Thanks

Attachments

• 30 ways to use your stone!.doc
    29.5 KB · Views: 594
  • A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A BAR PAN.doc
    23.5 KB · Views: 465
  • Top10Stonewareincolor.doc
    125 KB · Views: 425
here's the one i use at shows:

Attachments

• Top 10 Stoneware Reasons.doc
    29 KB · Views: 514
Thanks, these were a big help!

:confused: OK, maybe I misunderstood but I didn't think PC would replace your stone if you just dropped it and it broke :confused:

I've heard of plenty of people that they have done that for...as long as it's still within the 3 years, they will replace it..no q's asked.

I got luckyI had mine replaced. That and one of my SA medium plate fell out of car when I was unloading it. They replaced it no problem. I also am still not sure if they were supposed to, but am glad they did.

The last time I called home office to get a reference number for a customer of mine, the lady was very strict. She needed to know and document exactly how it broke and specifically said that they would not replace it if the customer dropped it or exposed it to the freezer/oven thermal shock. She was abrubt enough with me that I thanked her, hung up and called back to get someone else.

The next lady i got at home office told me that all my customer needed to do was send them a palm-sized piece of the stone, and they'd send her a new one. No questions asked about how it broke.

Maybe it's just luck on who you get :)

i know my director just broke her prep bowl set a little bit ago...she was at a show and just plain old dropped them and they shattered. I don't know all the details but I know they sent her a new set!

Do you need a receipt?When you return a stone do you have to have the receipt? One of my friends broke in the oven last weekend. They have moved twice since she bought it and she can't find the receipt. She didn't buy it from me. :confused:

reegrace said:
When you return a stone do you have to have the receipt? One of my friends broke in the oven last weekend. They have moved twice since she bought it and she can't find the receipt. She didn't buy it from me. :confused:

Can the consultant who ordered it for her send her a copy...did she submit it via PP? Yes, you have to have the receipt to get a replacement!

Nancy

if she knows the state and host the show was in that she ordered it from, HO should be able to look it up!

So far three of my guests stones arrived with chips on the edges of their stoneware, and one was completely broken into 2 pieces. Has anyone else had similar problems? I'm wondering if its just because of the Sept. special (more stones ordered) that I am noticing?

What are the benefits of using a stone for cooking?

Using a stone for cooking can provide even heat distribution, resulting in more evenly cooked food. It also helps to retain moisture in your dishes, resulting in juicier and more flavorful meals. Additionally, stones have a non-stick surface, making clean up a breeze.

How do I prepare my stone for its first use?

Before using your stone for the first time, you will need to "season" it by rubbing it with a small amount of cooking oil and placing it in a preheated oven for about an hour. This helps to create a non-stick surface and prevents food from sticking to the stone. Make sure to let the stone cool completely before using it for cooking.

Can I use soap to clean my stone?

No, you should not use soap to clean your stone. Soap can seep into the pores of the stone and affect the taste of your food. Instead, simply use hot water and a brush to scrub off any food residue. If there are stubborn stains, you can use a mixture of baking soda and water to gently scrub them away.

How do I store my stone?

After cleaning your stone, make sure to dry it completely before storing it. It is best to store it in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Avoid stacking other heavy items on top of the stone, as this can cause it to crack or break.

Can I use my stone on the stovetop?

No, stones should not be used on the stovetop. They are not designed to withstand direct heat from a stovetop burner and can crack or break. Stones are best used in the oven or on the grill.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cynthia Shugart
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Cynthia Shugart
  • Natashya Giardina
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • sushimommy