• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Buying Stoneware for Beginners: 30 Day Tips

In summary, stoneware is a versatile and beneficial material for cooking and baking in the kitchen. It provides even heat distribution, is naturally non-stick, and requires less oil or butter for cooking. It is safe to use in the microwave, but it's important to check the manufacturer's instructions. Before using stoneware for the first time, it should be seasoned by lightly coating with cooking oil and baking at a low temperature. While stoneware is generally dishwasher safe, it is recommended to hand wash it to avoid potential damage. To prolong its lifespan, it's important to avoid drastic temperature changes and using metal utensils on the stoneware surface.
jessnaugle
I was wondering if any one had a document for someone new to buying stoneware. I was listening to a Kitchen Show Live tape and he talked about 30 ways to use your stone in 30 day. And I would love to have something like that to give a guests who decides to buy stoneware for the first time.

Here you go!

Attachments

• 30 ways to use your stone!.doc
    29.5 KB · Views: 674
  • Top10Stonewareincolor.doc
    125 KB · Views: 545
ThanksSAAAAAWEET!!!! Those are great!!!!
Jessica :D

1. What is the benefit of using stoneware in the kitchen?

Stoneware is a great option for cooking and baking because it provides even heat distribution, resulting in more evenly cooked food. It is also naturally non-stick, making it easier to clean and requires less oil or butter for cooking.

2. Can I use stoneware in the microwave?

Yes, stoneware is safe to use in the microwave. However, always check the manufacturer's instructions before using stoneware in the microwave to ensure it is heat-safe and does not contain any metal pieces.

3. How do I season my stoneware before using it?

Before using stoneware for the first time, it is important to season it by lightly coating the surface with cooking oil and baking it in the oven at a low temperature. This helps to create a natural non-stick surface and enhance the stoneware's durability.

4. Can I put stoneware in the dishwasher?

While stoneware is generally dishwasher safe, it is recommended to hand wash it to ensure its longevity. The harsh detergents and high heat of the dishwasher can cause the stoneware to become brittle and prone to cracking.

5. How do I care for my stoneware to make it last longer?

To keep your stoneware in top condition, avoid drastic temperature changes, such as placing a hot stoneware dish directly in cold water, as this can cause it to crack. Also, avoid using metal utensils on the stoneware surface, as they can scratch and damage the coating. Properly seasoning and hand washing your stoneware will also help prolong its lifespan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jennie50
  • missyciccolella
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • TJMagoo
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies