• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stoneware Storage Racks or Creative Idea I Can Make for Them??

In summary, people still use stoneware racks to store their collection of pots and pans. People also use wire frames to hold their cookware.
ChefRiGuy
Hey everyone. I remember years ago when my Mom sold PC that there were Stoneware racks to hold our collection. Anyone still have these? Or does anyone use something else, or have a creative idea for them? I have a lot of the collection and have them stacked in cupboards and under stove drawer. It is difficult to get the one I want and i hate stacking them.

Actually there are several of these for sale on E-bay but check them out because some will sell them for a now price that is cheaper than bidding. Good luck.

Always wish I had one, too...but I think how I have mine stored now, I can fit more in without it.

I have almost all the stoneware and it all fits in one (lower) cabinet.

The round stones are stored vertical along one side.
The rectangle stone and bar pans are also stored vertical along the other side.

Those are pretty easy to slide in an out - no lifting as they are all vertical.

I have a "top" shelf in the cabinet and I have it set pretty high. The muffin pan and rectangle baker are stacked and stored on this top shelf. Next to those are the loaf pan and 4-loaf pan (I think). I rarely use the 4-loaf so I am not exactly sure where it is :).

On the lower shelf (between the sets of vertical stones) in the center section is where I stack all my bakers. These are the only ones that might take a little effort. I have the Square Baker on the Bottom. The Deep Dish Baker, Pie Plate and mini Baker all nest pretty good and are stacked next. Then, on top are the Oval and mini-oval (those nest as well).

Behind the Baker stack is the Stoneware Fluted Pan with the DCB on top of that. To get the DCB out, I move the oval bakers off the stack and I can pull the DCB right out and place the oval bakers back.

The only stones that take effort are the Square Baker (at the bottom) and the Fluted one (in the back).

I place dish towels (or our cookware protectors) between the stacked bakers.

I used to keep the stones everywhere and all split up and I think that is why they seemed to take so much space. I don't know why it took me so long to dedicate one space.

And storing the flat stones vertical up against the sides REALLY helps (don't know why I used to store them flat) and they are easy to get in and out since I use those the most.

Not sure if this is what you were looking for...

Wow that is like stone storing 101...I have a REALLY small apartment kitchen lol so will try what i can

ChefRiGuy said:
Wow that is like stone storing 101...I have a REALLY small apartment kitchen lol so will try what i can

haha! DH calls me Puzzle Girl. I can ALWAYS fit MORE in the cabinets! He can't believe when I order the new products that I manage to find a spot for everything. I just keep organizing. Unfortunately, I rarely get rid of anything.

kam said:
haha! DH calls me Puzzle Girl. I can ALWAYS fit MORE in the cabinets! He can't believe when I order the new products that I manage to find a spot for everything. I just keep organizing. Unfortunately, I rarely get rid of anything.

And I bet no one else can put things away the same way you do, right? ;)

esavvymom said:
And I bet no one else can put things away the same way you do, right? ;)

Ain't that the truth!! lol

I have one of those office organizer things that holds up file folders in the cabinet up above the ovens. It holds things like the pizza pans, bar pans, and new cookie sheet, as well as the metal cookie sheets and the mini muffin pan. I have the muffin pan btwn the organizer and the side of the cabinet. The Fluted pan is sitting next to the organizer. I probably only have 8 or 9 pieces, but they are all above the oven. I always have 1 bar pan out as I use one daily and I just stick it in the oven to dry after I wash it.

OK, couldn't resist a picture. :)

And, I did not realize I had all those bar pans! Must have gotten a spare large and medium at some point.

The cabinet is really not that big.

Attachments

• 100_4658.jpg
    100_4658.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 577
  • 100_4660.jpg
    100_4660.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 553
Oooohhh, Ahhhhh. Nice! Makes me rethink the way I have mine organized. My round and flat rectangle stones and bar pan are stacked on each other in a pull out drawer below my gas range top. My muffin stone is in a high cupboard above my microwave and my loaf pan, DCB's and fluted stone are scattered around in other places. This is nice to have one dedicated spot! Thanks for sharing the pics! :)

The drawer under my stove holds a ton of mine, round with handles, rectangle, loaf, 2 bar pans (lg & med) as well as mini muffin pan & 2 round cake pans

babywings76 said:
Oooohhh, Ahhhhh. Nice! Makes me rethink the way I have mine organized. My round and flat rectangle stones and bar pan are stacked on each other in a pull out drawer below my gas range top. My muffin stone is in a high cupboard above my microwave and my loaf pan, DCB's and fluted stone are scattered around in other places. This is nice to have one dedicated spot! Thanks for sharing the pics! :)

Yes, I used to store the bar pans/rectangle stone flat and on top of each other and discovered I would rarely use them. I knew I had to make a change!

I used to store other pieces up high - and I am short - so again, I found myself not using them as much as I should.

(And, believe it or not, the stoneware crock, 6-cup muffin and 4-loaf pan is in there too!)

All I can say is WOW!!!!! That is a lot of stoneware!!!!!!

Wow! Nicely done! I have my 2 DCB w/lids inverted on my top shelf side by side but impressive!!! You have inspired me to rearrange what I have done! thanks for sharing Kam!

Very impressive use of space. I have most of mine in my drawer in the bottom of the oven.

my director mentioned that she'd saved all of her boxes and she keeps her stoneware in a bookshelf. Luckily, I was still pretty green as a consultant and was still building my collection. I have a set of wire rack shelves in my kitchen that I have all of my stoneware (in the boxes) on "book" style. It's so easy to grab the right one when I'm cooking or need it for a party.

Wow, thanks for this thread. I was so excited to stack my stoneware vertically! I cleaned out a cabinet, and began, only to find the cookie sheet is too tall. There is a non-adjustable shelf in the cabinet that is getting in the way. But I have laid it down flat, and put my DCB over it, and it works out well! Yay! I also found I had a whole cabinet full of tupperware type containers, beverage pitchers, and sports drink bottles... just wasting room. I am much happier now that I got that crap out of there, and now I have a little more elbow room in my kitchen!

just found this thread while looking for info on a sticky stone problem/great ideas ans worth a new share

What is the purpose of a stoneware storage rack?

A stoneware storage rack is designed to safely store and organize your Pampered Chef stoneware pieces. It keeps them easily accessible and prevents them from getting damaged or broken.

How many stoneware pieces can a storage rack hold?

The number of stoneware pieces a storage rack can hold varies depending on the size and design of the rack. However, most racks can hold at least 6-8 pieces, with some larger racks holding up to 12 pieces.

Can I use a stoneware storage rack for other kitchen items?

While stoneware storage racks are specifically designed for Pampered Chef stoneware, they can also be used to store other kitchen items such as baking sheets, cutting boards, and cooling racks. Just make sure the rack is sturdy enough to hold the weight of these items.

What is the best way to clean a stoneware storage rack?

To clean a stoneware storage rack, simply wipe it down with a damp cloth and mild soap. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials as they may damage the rack. Allow the rack to air dry completely before placing stoneware pieces back on it.

Can I use a stoneware storage rack for other creative purposes?

Absolutely! Many customers have come up with unique and creative ways to use stoneware storage racks, such as storing craft supplies, organizing makeup, or displaying small plants. The possibilities are endless!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cooking.with.ann
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
jm2003
  • Get_Pampered
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Stampaholic1961
  • SusanBP0129