• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stoneware Storage Rack: Pros and Cons for the Discontinued Item

In summary, the storage rack is being discontinued and people are trying to decide if they should get one before they are gone. People also mention that they don't use them because they don't have much cupboard space or they use them everyday or every other day.
jenniferlynne
Anyone know why the storage rack is going? I don't have one, but was going to eventually get one. Now I don't know if I should. Were there problems with it, just not a popular item or what? Anyone have one that can tell me what they love/hate about it? I can't decide if I should get one or not before they are gone!

I'm not using mine due to lack of space in my kitchen, but once it gets renovated and my island goes in the rack will be set up.

I would recommend getting one - I hate stacking my stones or leaning them up sideways in my cupboard (it's too small to put the rack inside). I've heard people put it on top of the counter and put cookbooks in it.

I have no idea why they are discontinuing it.

I have 3 and I love them!! I originally ordered two when they were in a set, then when I saw that they were being discontinued I ordered one more. I love using them for my round stones and bar pans. Since I have(and use) all 3 of both, I was running out of room!! For some reason unbeknownce to me, the Europeans don't believe in cupboard space!! I found a small corner on my countertop to set them where they wouldn't be in the way. I still put my heavier ones in a cupboard (like the 9x13 and it's lid, the square, and the deep dish baker). I have my pie plates and oval bakers up on top of my cupboards, as they are the only glazed ones-it looks nicer that way. I don't use those quite as often, so they don't need to be on the counter.

If you don't have much cupboard space for stones, or use them everyday or every other day, I would suggest getting at least one. I have never heard of anyone having a problem with them. I have even had some customers order them now because they are being discontinued. I am sure since we all stocked up, they will come up with a new design and make us seem silly for jumping all over them!! But, I wasn't willing to take the risk!!

IKEA has a kitchen island that's perfect for stoneware. Now that I am looking for it, I can't find a picture. Anyways it's like a long workstation table with three drawers, below that is a shelf for wine, or in this case stoneware pans, and below that is a larger (as in taller space, not wider or deeper space) shelf. Perfect for storing PC items, or use it as a place for your stoneware rack.

It's similar to the one linked here:

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?topcategoryId=15576&catalogId=10103&storeId=12&langId=-1&parentCats=15576*15729&productId=10351

but more of a cross between above and this (no wheels):

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?topcategoryId=15576&catalogId=10103&storeId=12&productId=15231&langId=-1&parentCats=15576*16268*16275

I have the older style of the first one (from like 10 years ago) and I use plywood boxes with drawers/large baskets to store my baking, roasting & cake pans. My large stone is kept in its box and stored upright, not flat. This style is great but I would love to upgrade it to the one with built-in drawers and wine rack. The problem is convincing hubby, since the one we have is still in excellent condition.
Ah, maybe when we buy a house I'll get a new kitchen. (a girl can dream, can't she?)

I love my storage racks...but I don't use them for stoneware. Actually before PC offered them I had found them on ebay. I printed a picture and my husband built one for me...It wasn't as pretty, but worked great. At that time I used it on the counter for my stoneware. Now I have 2 PC one that are in my deep kitchen counter drawers. 1 is filled with lids for my SS bowls, batter bowls, etc. The other holds lids for my cookware. When we remodeled the kitchen I had a cabinet built where I could store my stoneware standing up side by side. I don't know why they would discontinue it unless it just wasn't a good seller. But, I always wonder about at least one product every season. I guess the main reason they are discontinued is because we need room in our line for the new stuff...although, how many colors of rectangle bakers do we need - or scrapers.

Well, after reading your messages, I have decided I will get one, or two or three!! I loved the idea of putting cookbooks in them. I think this would be a cute way do display them at a show! I also loved the idea of the lids. Right now, I have all my lids on my Tupperware (oops! Did I say Tupperware? I have gotten rid of most of it since I started selling PC :eek: ) so I don't lose them, but it wouldn't take up nearly as much room if I could stack them without the lids!

WOW! What great ideas! I especially love the thing with the deep bottom drawers. Submit that & a photo to HO and see if they change their mind and will bring the racks back at a later date.

storage rackI was on the J.C. Penny site looking at all of their kitchen stuff. I came across a rack, which I really like (better than the two I got before they discontinued). It is adjustable, and slides from like 12 inches long to 24 inches long as well as the removable dowels. I really wish I had seen this a month ago. Just wanted to let everyone know what is out there.:)

What is a Stoneware Storage Rack?

A Stoneware Storage Rack is a specialized rack designed specifically to store and organize Pampered Chef's stoneware products, such as baking dishes and pizza stones.

How many stoneware products can the rack hold?

The Stoneware Storage Rack can hold up to 7 stoneware products, depending on the size and shape of the products.

Is the rack adjustable?

Yes, the Stoneware Storage Rack is adjustable to accommodate different sizes and shapes of stoneware products. It can be expanded or contracted to fit your specific needs.

Can the rack be used to store other types of cookware?

The Stoneware Storage Rack is specifically designed for Pampered Chef's stoneware products and may not be suitable for other types of cookware. We recommend using it only for stoneware to ensure its durability and functionality.

How do I clean and maintain the rack?

The Stoneware Storage Rack is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. To maintain its condition, we recommend washing it on the top rack of the dishwasher and avoiding harsh chemicals or abrasives. Always make sure to dry the rack thoroughly before storing it away.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cooking.with.ann
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • annew
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies