• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Removing Sticky Stains from Stoneware: Tips and Tricks for Easy Cleaning

It said to bake something on the stone every so often to help get the residue off. So I tried it and it worked! :)
bridgetbakes
I accidentally left my stone in the oven last night. I preheated the oven this morning and when I went to put my food in realized the stone was in there. :eek: When I pulled it out there was a big sticky stain on it and no matter what I do I cannot get it out now.

Anyone have any ideas how to get this sticky spot out?

Wish I did know...some of my stones get this way from time to time, and I've found that baking something usually helps...not always though. My small round stone has a sticky residue, and I cannot get it off no matter what I try...hot water, baking soda paste, baking something else, NOTHING! It's a bit aggravating to say the least!

I have had the same problem with my regangular baker I have marienated chicken and then put it in my stoneware to bake in the oven and when it's done and I wash the pan use my scraper it has a faint stain on it an dhte pan looks dirty and I can't get it off either... :(

Did you try a paste of baking soda and water or vinegar? Its not going to be perfect, but it should look better.

I use the scrubbing side of a sponge (gently) with a little baking soda on my stonewear when they get sticky. I only use it for my stones. Hope this helps:)

I did try the baking soda paste, though I did not use a sponge and I did not try the paste with vinegar. Will keep trying...

Thanks for the suggestions cheffers!

bklofft said:
I did try the baking soda paste, though I did not use a sponge and I did not try the paste with vinegar. Will keep trying...

Thanks for the suggestions cheffers!

Just baking through it - I have found just cooking with it gets the residue off better. And once you have seasoned it, don't spray it anymore with oil spray. I think that creates the film.

Try Cream of Tartar and lemon juice!

YIPPEE! I baked something on the stone today and now the stain is gone! Yeah! I LOVE THIS SITE! :D

Thanks again y'all for the help!

One of my hosts sent me a link this week http://www.seedsofknowledge.com/stoneware.html on how to care for stoneware.

What is Stoneware Stain and how does it occur?

Stoneware Stain is a brown discoloration that can appear on the surface of stoneware products. It occurs when food or cooking oils penetrate the porous surface of the stoneware and become trapped, resulting in a stain.

What can I do to prevent Stoneware Stain?

The best way to prevent Stoneware Stain is to properly season your stoneware before use. This involves coating the surface with oil and baking it in the oven. Additionally, using non-acidic foods and avoiding prolonged exposure to high heat can also help prevent staining.

Can I still use my stoneware if it has Stoneware Stain?

Yes, Stoneware Stain is purely cosmetic and does not affect the performance of the stoneware. However, if the stain is bothersome, you can try using a baking soda and water paste to gently scrub the surface.

How do I remove Stoneware Stain?

If the stain is persistent, you can try using a stoneware cleaner or a mixture of white vinegar and water to remove it. You can also try using a nylon scrub brush or a plastic scraper to gently scrape off the stain. Avoid using harsh chemicals or metal utensils, as these can damage the stoneware.

Can Stoneware Stain be prevented on glazed stoneware?

Glazed stoneware is less porous than unglazed stoneware, so it is less likely to develop Stoneware Stain. However, it is still recommended to properly season glazed stoneware before use to prevent staining. If stains do occur, they can usually be removed using the same methods as with unglazed stoneware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• etteluap70PC
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
whiteyteresa
  • pamperedchefpei
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
rajenkiPC
  • dianevill