• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Experience the Sensations of Stoneware: Overcoming Texture and Noise Concerns

In summary, most people find the noise/texture of the stoneware to go through them at first, but they get used to it and it's not a big issue. Rae shares a recipe to quickly season the stoneware, and recommends using metal sheet pans instead of the new, glazed stones if someone cannot get past the texture.
georgiegirl
What do you say when people says the noise/texture of the stoneware goes through them. I tell that they will get used to it and with time it goes away. It goes through some people. Well most people I have shown it to.

Does anyone else have this or it just the people locally to Staffordshire?

I have not had people at shows say anything about it..but I know that my brother HATES touching the stones..HOWEVER..he does not have much of an issue with the glazed ones. He offered to buy my mom a new stone so that he could have her well seasoned one..and she said no.

I tell them that the new stones ook me out, too. Once they're seasoned they're great. I provide the seasoning recipe if they like so that they can get to that point faster. Otherwise, I suggest our sheet pans. That's why I'm so glad we now have both.

I have a friend who doesn't like touching the unglazed stones. She loves the glazed ones, though.

Huh! I never even realized it would be an issue! Thanks for sharing your answers - that way I'll have one if it ever comes up!

What recipe do you share to quickly season, Rae?

raebates said:
I tell them that the new stones ook me out, too. Once they're seasoned they're great. I provide the seasoning recipe if they like so that they can get to that point faster. Otherwise, I suggest our sheet pans. That's why I'm so glad we now have both.

I completely agree with Rae!
New stones don't bother me personally, but I've had a few guests that it does bother. If they just cannot get past the texture of the Stoneware, absolutely suggest the metal!! I am also glad they offer both!!
(on a slightly strange note - I actually have an aversion to metal :rolleyes:. It's really the sound that bothers me, the clanking, but it's like nails on chalkboards for me, so I stay away from the metal if I can avoid it!!!)

So funny that you guys brought this topic up. My replacement DCB and rectangle stone just now arrived. I can't stand them when they are brand new. Just touching them gives me the shivers. I need to season them up quick! And I'm trying to be more health conscious right now, so baking cookies or other high fat content things are not what I should be doing right now. ;)

Here you go. I got it from someone here.

Attachments

• Seasoning Stonewarex.pdf
    12.4 KB · Views: 493
Wow! My Aunt bought 2 of the lg Bar pans and then gave them to my cousin for the very reason that she could not touch them. I thought that was strange and now I see this. Interesting! Not so strange afterall. :)

It still gives me the creeps when I have two large bar pans on top of eachother and I try to grab one without rubbing aganist the other one! haha. They also grab on my micro-fiber towels too. - But my food is always yummy from baking on them!!

My mom has some well seasoned stoneware from a DS company that she worked for years ago and when I got my new bar pan from PC it was a little weird to touch it- I wasn't used to the texutre. :yuck: but I still love it! :)

What is "Stoneware Sensations"?

"Stoneware Sensations" is a line of stoneware cooking and baking products from Pampered Chef. These products are made from natural clay and are designed to distribute heat evenly for optimal cooking and baking results.

What are the benefits of using stoneware?

Stoneware has many benefits, including its ability to retain heat, making it perfect for baking and keeping food warm. It also creates a crispy crust on baked goods and can be used to cook a variety of dishes, from casseroles to pizza.

How do I care for my stoneware?

To care for your stoneware, it is important to follow the proper guidelines. Before using it for the first time, you should season it with oil to help prevent sticking. After each use, allow it to cool before washing it with warm water and a mild detergent. Avoid using harsh chemicals or metal utensils on stoneware, as it can damage the surface.

Can stoneware be used in the microwave or freezer?

Yes, stoneware is safe to use in both the microwave and freezer. However, you should avoid drastic temperature changes, such as placing a hot dish directly into the freezer. Allow the stoneware to cool down before placing it in the freezer, and do not take it from the freezer and put it directly into a hot oven.

Are there any foods that should not be cooked on stoneware?

Stoneware is safe to use with most foods, but there are a few exceptions. Do not use stoneware to cook foods with high acidity, such as tomatoes, as it can damage the surface. Also, avoid using stoneware to cook foods with a high sugar content, as it can cause the stoneware to become brittle.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tloudermilk
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
raebates
  • kcjodih
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Denarella
  • BethanyN