• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Delicious Recipe from Stoneware Sensations Cookbook | USA Web-Site

In summary, the recipe featured on the front cover of the Stoneware Sensations Cookbook is for Shrimp-Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms. It involves stuffing portobello mushroom caps with a mixture of shrimp, Parmesan cheese, lemon zest, parsley, cream cheese spread, Dijon mustard, and garlic, and topping it with a garlic and bread crumb mixture. The recipe also includes tips for cleaning mushrooms and suggests substitutions for those who do not eat shrimp. The recipe on the cover of the Stoneware Inspirations Cookbook is for A-Pizza-Teaser, which involves arranging refrigerated buttermilk biscuits in a flower pattern and topping them with garlic, tomato, bell pepper, onion, oregano, basil, and
Yvonne
Can anyone tell me what the recipe is that is pictured on the front of your Stoneware Sensations Cookbook? We don't have it over in the UK, and it looks really interesting. I go on the USA web-site a lot because you have all these wonderful recipes that we don't have access to.
Thanks,
Yvonne

Stoneware Sensations Cover RecipeShrimp-Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms

Mushrooms & Shrimp Filling:
2 medium portobello mushroom caps (3-4 inches in diameter)
3 oz shelled, deveined, cooked shrimp, chopped
2 tablespoons (1/2 oz) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1 lemon
1 teaspoon snipped fresh parsley
3 tablespoons chive and onion cream cheese spread
1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 small garlic clove, pressed

Crumb Topping:
2 teaspoons butter or margarine
1/2 small garlic clove, pressed
1 1/2 tablespoons unseasoned dry bread crumbs

1) Preheat oven to 400F degrees. For mushrooms, place mushrooms, gill sides up, on Small Bar Pan
2) For shrimp filling, chop shrimp using Food Chopper. Grate Parmesan cheese using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Zest lemon using Microplane Adjustable Grater to measure 2 teaspoons zest. Snip parsley using Kitchen Shears. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine shrimp, Parmesan cheese, lemon zest, parsley, cream cheese spread, mustard and garlic pressed with Garlic Press; mix well. Divide shrimp mixture into two equal portions; spoon into mushroom caps and flatten lightly.
3) For crumb topping, place butter and garlic pressed with Garlic Press in Prep Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 20-30 seconds or until butter is melted. Stir in bread crumbs. Sprinkle crumb topping evenly over shrimp filling. Bake 18-20 minutes or until crumb topping is golden brown and filling is hot. Serve warm.
Yield: 2 servings

Cooks tips:
To remove dirt from mushrooms, wipe mushrooms with a damp paper towel or soft brush, or quickly rinse them under cold running water and immediately pat dry. Do not clean mushrooms until you're ready to use them.

Imitation crabmeat can be substituted for shrimp if desired.

If desired, six large button mushrooms can be substituted for the portobello mushrooms. Remove stems; discard or reserve for another use. Proceed as recipe directs.

This recipe can be easily doubled and baked on the Medium Bar Pan.

Taken directly from page 97 of the TPC Stoneware Sensations cookbook.

OopsRita,

That's a lovely recipe, but on the picture I have seen on the web-site it looked like buns put into a ring with a savoury topping - is this the same one?
Yvonne

SensationsI think Rita was looking at the Stoneware Inspirations cover (the new book).

The Stoneware Sensations cover is A-Pizza-Teaser
I don't know what the equivalant is to biscuits (it's not a "biscuit" ;)). It's similar to a scone, but flaky. I'm still trying to find the German equivalent. Do you have Pillsbury refrigerated breads (in tube cans) in the UK? Maybe you can come up with a good substitution. Here's the recipe:

A-Pizza-Teaser

Ingredients:
1 package (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk flaky biscuits
Olive oil
1 garlic clove, pressed
1/2 cup tomato, seeded and chopped
1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1/4 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1 ounce (1/4 cup) fresh Parmesan cheese, grated

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400°F. Separate biscuits horizontally in half to form 20
biscuits. On Classic Round Stone, arrange 6 biscuits, with edges
touching, in circle. Arrange remaining biscuits, edges touching, in
another circle around center ring of biscuits. Gently press biscuits
together with fingers to seal, leaving outside edges scalloped for petal
effect.
Using Kitchen Spritzer, lightly spray biscuits with oil. Using Garlic
Press, press garlic over biscuits; spread evenly. Using Food Chopper,
chop tomato, bell pepper and onion; sprinkle evenly over biscuits along
with oregano and basil.
Bake 15-17 minutes or until edges are golden brown; remove from
oven.
Using Deluxe Cheese Grater, immediately grate cheese over warm
biscuits.
To serve, pull biscuits apart.
Yield: 20 biscuits

Hi Yvonne,Thank you for your interest in our Stoneware Sensations Cookbook! The recipe on the front cover is for our famous deep dish pizza. It's a delicious and easy dish to make using our stoneware. I highly recommend trying it out! I'm sorry that it's not available in the UK, but I'm glad you are able to access our website for more recipes. Happy cooking!Best,

1. What is stoneware and why is it beneficial?

Stoneware is a type of ceramic material that is fired at a high temperature, making it extremely durable and non-porous. This means it can withstand high heat and does not absorb any flavors or odors from food, resulting in better-tasting dishes.

2. How do I care for my stoneware?

Stoneware is very easy to care for. Simply wash it with warm, soapy water and a soft sponge. Avoid using harsh abrasives or metal utensils on the surface as it can scratch the stoneware. Also, avoid sudden changes in temperature, such as placing hot stoneware in cold water, as it can cause cracking.

3. Can I use stoneware in the microwave?

Yes, stoneware is safe to use in the microwave. It can withstand high temperatures and will not crack or break. However, be cautious when removing hot stoneware from the microwave as it will retain heat.

4. How does stoneware compare to other baking materials?

Stoneware has many advantages over other baking materials. It distributes heat evenly, resulting in perfectly cooked food. It also retains heat, keeping food warm for longer periods of time. Additionally, stoneware is extremely durable and will not warp or rust like metal bakeware can.

5. Can I use stoneware on the stovetop?

No, stoneware is not recommended for use on the stovetop. It is designed for use in the oven, microwave, and freezer. Using it on the stovetop can cause the stoneware to crack or break.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• LeslieSGI
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DessertDivaFL
Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
  • chefsue
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies