• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are Some Must-Try Recipes from Stoneware Sensations Cookbook?

In summary, stoneware is a durable and heat-retaining material that is perfect for cooking. It distributes heat evenly and does not contain harmful chemicals. It can be used in the microwave, but not in the broiler or on the stovetop. To care for stoneware, it should be seasoned before first use and washed gently after each use. It is not recommended to cook very acidic or high-sugar foods in stoneware. Stoneware can also be used on the grill, but should not be placed directly over flames.
cat
Gold Member
I have it, but I've never used it...are there any recipes in this cookbook that you tried and really love? I guess I'm looking for recommendations...

Thanks!

Stoneware Sensations? The old one?

Tomato Basil Squares!!! Bountiful Brunch Pizza!!!

Ooohhh, and the Oven Baked French Toast is really yummy. I made it for Christmas morning this year.

Last edited:
The Chuck Wagon Casserole! We LOVE it, the KIDS love it!

I have done the Western Brunch Casserole. And have made it bigger and done it at shows to too. I am actually doing it at one this weekend.

I think the stuffed mushrooms are in there - liked those...

There's either a Beef Stew or a Chili recipe in this book (the other one is in the More Stoneware Sensations) - both are really good!

Does anyone remember when this book was discontinued?I have it, and I love it! It was my first PC cookbook. In fact, I'm making the tuna casserole tonight for dinner.Ann

It was retired August 2005.

DebbieJ said:
It was retired August 2005.

Oh, I thought we were talking about the one that is a Host Benefit this month. I have been talking about the wrong one!:D

I was confused too!!

Old- Stoneware Sensations

Current- Stoneware Inspirations

chefann said:
There's either a Beef Stew or a Chili recipe in this book (the other one is in the More Stoneware Sensations) - both are really good!

I agree...I use both of them ALOT....I even tried the cover recipe it came out GREAT & was sooooooo easy!!!:cool:

What are the benefits of using stoneware for cooking?

Stoneware is a natural material that is highly durable and retains heat well, making it perfect for cooking. It also distributes heat evenly, resulting in more consistent cooking and browning. Additionally, stoneware is non-toxic and does not contain harmful chemicals found in some other cookware materials.

Can I use stoneware in the microwave?

Yes, stoneware can be used in the microwave. It is safe to use for reheating, defrosting, and cooking food in the microwave. However, it is not recommended to use stoneware in the broiler or on the stovetop.

How do I care for my stoneware?

To maintain the quality and longevity of your stoneware, it is important to follow proper care instructions. Before first use, season your stoneware by rinsing it with hot water and drying it thoroughly. Avoid using soap or harsh scrubbers, as they can damage the seasoning. After each use, allow the stoneware to cool before washing with warm water and a gentle sponge. Avoid extreme temperature changes, such as placing hot stoneware in cold water, as this can cause cracking.

Are there any foods I should not cook in stoneware?

Stoneware is suitable for a wide range of foods, but there are a few exceptions. Foods that are very acidic, such as citrus fruits, may react with the stoneware glaze and leave a metallic taste. It is also not recommended to cook foods with a high sugar content, such as caramel or candy, as they can cause the stoneware to crack.

Can I use stoneware on the grill?

Yes, stoneware can be used on the grill. It is important to avoid placing the stoneware directly over the flames, as this can cause the stoneware to crack. Instead, place the stoneware on a metal baking sheet or use it to cook indirect heat items on the grill.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• LeslieSGI
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DessertDivaFL
Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
Replies
Views
Staci