• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Enhance Your Cooking with Top-Quality Stoneware Seasoning

In summary, stoneware seasoning is a process of preparing Pampered Chef stoneware for use by creating a natural nonstick surface. This is done by washing it with hot water and mild soap, drying it thoroughly, and rubbing a thin layer of cooking oil all over it before baking it in a preheated oven for 30 minutes. It is recommended to season the stoneware every 10-12 uses, but more frequent seasoning may be necessary if food begins to stick. While stoneware seasoning spray can be used, it is best to use a small amount of cooking oil for optimal coverage. After seasoning, soap can be used to clean the stoneware, but harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners should be avoided to prevent
DebPC
Staff member
Like this!

stoneware seasoning6196859_n.jpg

For people who are picky - and there are many - about how their seasoned stones look, this is what I tell them. I have a 3 year old DCB that looks new. It is smooth on the inside so you know it is seasoned, but there are no stains on the unglazed stone. I clean my stones with BAKING SODA, using my hand to rub the soda on a damp stone like you would use sand to clean a pot when camping where there was little water. The Baking Soda is an excellent cleanser that is inexpensive, easy to rinse, leaves no after taste and can be used in a thousand other places as a cleanser. It is an anti-surfactant, so it loosens any hard baked food from the stone's surface. Honestly, you would think my DCB was new if you didn't feel it. I have lots of other stones that look well used and loved like these, but since my DCB is going to the table I want to keep it as nice as possible.

0Dislike this! 0This is a great article, I am glad you are sharing this with people. I think it is important that we all take the time to think about our impact on the environment and make changes to reduce our carbon footprint. I also love the idea of planting trees, it is a simple and effective way to make a positive impact. I hope more people will read this and take action!

1. What is stoneware seasoning?

Stoneware seasoning is a process of preparing your Pampered Chef stoneware for use by creating a natural nonstick surface.

2. How do I season my stoneware?

To season your stoneware, wash it with hot water and a mild soap, then dry thoroughly. Next, rub a thin layer of cooking oil all over the stoneware, including the bottom and handles. Place it in a preheated oven for about 30 minutes, then let it cool completely before using.

3. How often should I season my stoneware?

We recommend seasoning your stoneware every 10-12 uses to maintain its nonstick surface. However, if you notice food sticking to the surface, you may need to season it more frequently.

4. Can I use stoneware seasoning spray instead of oil?

While stoneware seasoning spray can be a convenient option, we recommend using a small amount of cooking oil for the best results. The spray may not provide enough coverage for the entire surface of the stoneware.

5. Can I use soap to clean my stoneware after seasoning?

Yes, you can use soap to clean your stoneware after seasoning. Just make sure to rinse it thoroughly and dry it completely before storing. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners, as they can damage the stoneware's nonstick surface.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pctharper
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
pctharper
  • ChefChris
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Chef Endora
  • goddessred