• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Seasoning a Round Stone for the Perfect Fiesta Sandwich Ring

Your Name]In summary, as a new Pampered Chef consultant, it is important to properly season the classic round stone to ensure that dishes come out perfectly. To do so, preheat the oven to 350°F, wash and dry the stone, and rub it with vegetable oil or shortening. Let it cool and repeat the process before using it for cooking. If food still sticks, adjust the amount of oil used and make sure to preheat the stone before adding food.
chatnoir5638
Hi everyone...I am a new consultant and have a question.

How do you properly season the classic round stone?

I made the Fiesta Sandwich Ring yesterday for lunch, seasoned it according to everything I had read, and the bread still stuck to the stone. It scraped off fine, and looks beautiful, but I am mad!

Please help! I have a request from my hubby to make another ring today for dinner!

TIA
Jodi

Seasoning StonesI haven't had a problem. I just sprayed mine with non-stick cooking spray about the first 5 times. Now I don't spray or anything any longer. When you say you did everything, what did you do?

I also spray mine with Pam until the gritty feel is gone. That seems to work best. What did you do when you made the ring?

seasoning the stoneThe best way to quickly season a stone it to cook something high fat on it. On a flat stone do something with crescent rolls and on stones with sides cook up some ground beef. Use our kitchen spritzer or pour a little oil on the pan and spread it with the pastry brush (or a paper towel - but the towel will tear on a new stone so be careful). Don't use the commercial sprays on your stones and especially on cookware - they are the cause of that sticky, gummy feelling that you get! It's something in the chemicals they use. Plain oil is much healthier (and you get to use - or talk about- more of our products!

Hi Jodi,Congratulations on becoming a new Pampered Chef consultant! Seasoning the classic round stone is an important step to ensure that your dishes come out perfectly. Here are some tips to help you properly season your stone:1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).2. Wash the stone with warm water and a mild detergent. Make sure to rinse it thoroughly and dry it completely.3. Place the stone in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.4. Take the stone out of the oven and let it cool completely.5. Once cooled, rub a small amount of vegetable oil or shortening onto the surface of the stone. Make sure to cover the entire surface, including the edges.6. Place the stone back in the oven for another 15 minutes.7. Let the stone cool completely before using it for your Fiesta Sandwich Ring or any other dish.Following these steps should prevent your food from sticking to the stone. If you still experience sticking, try using a little more oil or shortening when seasoning the stone. Also, make sure to preheat the stone in the oven before adding your food.I hope this helps and that your hubby enjoys another delicious ring for dinner tonight!Best of luck,

1. How do I season my round stone for the perfect Fiesta Sandwich Ring?

To season your round stone, preheat your oven to 350°F. Place the stone in the oven for 15 minutes. Then, remove the stone and rub a thin layer of vegetable oil over the surface. Place the stone back in the oven for another 15 minutes. Repeat this process 2-3 times until the stone develops a dark, seasoned appearance.

2. Can I use any type of oil for seasoning my round stone?

Yes, you can use any type of vegetable oil for seasoning your round stone. Olive oil may give off a slight odor while seasoning, but it will not affect the taste of your food.

3. Do I need to season my round stone every time I use it?

No, you do not need to season your round stone every time you use it. Once the stone is properly seasoned, it will develop a non-stick surface that will last for many uses. However, if you notice your food sticking to the stone, it may be time to re-season it.

4. Can I use soap to clean my round stone?

No, you should never use soap to clean your round stone. Soap can seep into the pores of the stone and affect the taste of your food. Instead, use hot water and a non-abrasive brush or scraper to clean the stone. If there are stubborn food particles, you can use a small amount of baking soda to help scrub them off.

5. Can I use my round stone on the grill?

Yes, you can use your round stone on the grill. Just make sure to preheat the stone in the oven before placing it on the grill. Also, be sure to use a grill-safe utensil to remove the stone from the grill, as it will be very hot.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Melissa78
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Melissa78
  • pamperinginfl
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
pamperinginfl
  • jcwarr