1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Stoneware seasoning

1. Hi everyone...I am a new consultant and have a question.

How do you properly season the classic round stone?

I made the Fiesta Sandwich Ring yesterday for lunch, seasoned it according to everything I had read, and the bread still stuck to the stone. It scraped off fine, and looks beautiful, but I am mad!

Please help! I have a request from my hubby to make another ring today for dinner!

TIA
    Jodi

Apr 15, 2005
  2. ladybug

ladybug Member

Seasoning Stones

I haven't had a problem. I just sprayed mine with non-stick cooking spray about the first 5 times. Now I don't spray or anything any longer. When you say you did everything, what did you do?

Apr 15, 2005
  3. PamperedGinger

PamperedGinger Advanced Member

I also spray mine with Pam until the gritty feel is gone. That seems to work best. What did you do when you made the ring?

4. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

seasoning the stone

The best way to quickly season a stone it to cook something high fat on it. On a flat stone do something with crescent rolls and on stones with sides cook up some ground beef. Use our kitchen spritzer or pour a little oil on the pan and spread it with the pastry brush (or a paper towel - but the towel will tear on a new stone so be careful). Don't use the commercial sprays on your stones and especially on cookware - they are the cause of that sticky, gummy feelling that you get! It's something in the chemicals they use. Plain oil is much healthier (and you get to use - or talk about- more of our products!

Apr 15, 2005
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted