• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking and Cleaning with Glazed and Non-Glazed Stoneware

In summary, cleaning glazed stoneware is simple - just wash it with warm, soapy water and avoid harsh abrasives. Non-glazed stoneware should not be used on the stovetop or in the microwave, but is safe for use with acidic foods. To prevent staining, season your stoneware and avoid highly pigmented foods. You can preheat your stoneware, but never preheat it empty. Always place food or liquid before preheating in the oven.
Jennie4PC
Is there a difference between the glazed stoneware and the non glazed for cooking ways and clean up I have a friend whos stone broke and she is thinking of the glazed.

The difference is cosmetic only. They bake and clean up the same way.

The glazed are much prettier for entertaining and such. sometimes I get splatter spots on the glazed area but a paste of Baking soda and water gets it off in a jiff. I use the Baking soda trick on any stone that has greasy spots or stubborn spots.

thanks for the info you guys

Hi there! Yes, there is a difference between glazed and non-glazed stoneware for cooking and clean up. Glazed stoneware is coated with a nonstick glaze, making it easier to clean and preventing food from sticking to the surface. Non-glazed stoneware, on the other hand, is more porous and can absorb oils and flavors over time. This can make it more difficult to clean and may affect the taste of future dishes.If your friend's stoneware broke, I would highly recommend trying the glazed version. Not only is it easier to clean, but it also has a longer lifespan as the glaze helps to protect the stoneware from wear and tear. Plus, it still provides the same benefits of stoneware such as even heat distribution and the ability to go from oven to table.I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions about stoneware. As a Pampered Chef consultant, I am always happy to help. Happy cooking!

1. How do I clean my glazed stoneware?

Cleaning glazed stoneware is easy! Simply wash it with warm, soapy water and a soft sponge or cloth. Avoid using harsh abrasives or metal scrubbers, as they can scratch the glaze.

2. Can I use non-glazed stoneware on the stovetop or in the microwave?

No, non-glazed stoneware should not be used on the stovetop or in the microwave. It is designed for use in the oven only.

3. Can I use non-glazed stoneware for acidic foods?

Yes, non-glazed stoneware is safe to use with acidic foods. However, it is not recommended for prolonged storage of acidic foods, as it can cause the stoneware to deteriorate over time.

4. How do I prevent my stoneware from staining?

To prevent staining, always make sure to properly season your stoneware before use. You can also avoid using highly pigmented foods and sauces, and clean up any spills or stains immediately after use.

5. Can I preheat my stoneware before cooking?

Yes, you can preheat your stoneware before cooking. However, make sure to never preheat an empty stoneware piece, as this can cause cracking or warping. Always place food or liquid in the stoneware before preheating in the oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPeg
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
snapple95
  • PampMomof3