• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Fish Odor on Bar Pan - Baking Soda Not Cutting It!

In summary, to remove fish odor from your bar pan, you can try soaking it in a mixture of vinegar and water, using a baking soda paste, or using a specialized cleaner. Baking soda may not be strong enough for strong fish smells, and bleach should not be used as it can damage the pan and is not effective for deodorizing fish smells. It is recommended to clean your bar pan after each use and wash it separately to prevent cross-contamination of odors. If the odor persists after cleaning, it may be best to replace the pan.
PamperedDor
Gold Member
My SIL just called me and my BIL made fish on the bar pan last night - SHE HATES FISH! Anyway, he cleaned it properly (well trained man he is! :)) but it still smells like fish! She is freaking!! Its about 4 years old and very well seasoned, so I told her to use baking soda and water and add a little lemon to the paste and let it sit and then rinse it off. Any other suggestions? It doesn't fit in her microwave, so is there something she can bake on it to absorb the odor??

Thanks Becky - I don't get on as much as usual so I missed that thread! Crescent rolls it is!!!

1. How do I remove fish odor from my bar pan?

To remove fish odor from your bar pan, try soaking it in a mixture of equal parts vinegar and water for 30 minutes. Then, wash it with hot, soapy water and rinse thoroughly. You can also try using a baking soda paste (baking soda mixed with water) and letting it sit on the pan for 15-20 minutes before washing.

2. Why isn't baking soda working to remove the fish odor?

Baking soda is usually effective for removing odors, but in some cases, such as with strong fish smells, it may not be enough. This is because baking soda is a mild deodorizer and may not be strong enough to combat strong odors. You may need to try a more powerful method, such as vinegar or a specialized cleaner.

3. Can I use bleach to remove the fish odor?

We do not recommend using bleach to remove fish odor from your bar pan. Bleach can be harsh and potentially damage the non-stick coating on your pan. It is also not a very effective deodorizer for fish smells. Stick to gentler, more natural methods like vinegar or baking soda.

4. How often should I clean my bar pan to prevent fish odor?

It is a good idea to clean your bar pan after each use to prevent any lingering fish odor. If the smell does develop, you may need to clean it more thoroughly with one of the methods mentioned above. It is also a good idea to wash your bar pan separately from other dishes to prevent cross-contamination of odors.

5. Can I still use my bar pan if it has a slight fish odor?

If your bar pan has a slight fish odor, it is safe to use as long as it has been thoroughly cleaned. However, if the odor is very strong and does not go away after cleaning, it may be best to replace the pan. Strong odors can be difficult to completely remove and may affect the taste of your food.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DessertDivaFL
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
DessertDivaFL
  • jmabner
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • lauraP2000