• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stoneware Question

Pampered Chef Customer ServiceIn summary, the customer was wondering if stone bakeware could be used for both gluten-free and gluten-containing foods without posing a threat to someone with celiac disease. The response from Pampered Chef assures that their stone bakeware is safe to use for both types of food and does not absorb any gluten. They also recommend thoroughly cleaning the bakeware in between uses.
pamperedkel
A customer has asked....
My friend's husband has celiac disease and we are both wondering if a piece of stone bakeware (pizza stone etc.) would be safe to use to cook something with gluten in it and then to cook something for someone with celiac....(will it absorb any of the gluten or not). He is very particular and safe about his eating/cooking habits and would have to be 100% assured that this would not pose any threat

Can anyone help me with this?
Kelly

Kelly,

This is something I would ask the HO. As I am not sure and I bet no one else knows either. My Grandmother has celiacs, but she only cooks gluten free cookies, brownies etc. on her stone!

No No NoI have a friend who can't have gluten and ate on an already seasoned stone. The protein absorbs into the stoneware so it was not a good thing for her. She won't use stones now although you could buy one and just never use it with something with gluten.

the other option you have, put a piece of parchment paper down, and put the gluten free food on that, then cook on the stone. That way 2 separate stones wouldn't be needed.

Hi Kelly,Thank you for reaching out to us with your question. I completely understand your concern about using stone bakeware for someone with celiac disease. The good news is that our stone bakeware is completely safe to use for both gluten-containing and gluten-free foods.Our stone bakeware is made from natural stoneware and does not contain any materials that would absorb gluten. It is also non-porous, meaning that it will not retain any food particles, including gluten. As an added precaution, we recommend thoroughly cleaning the stone bakeware in between uses, especially if you are cooking with gluten-containing ingredients.I hope this helps alleviate any worries you may have. We take food safety very seriously and want to ensure that all of our customers can enjoy our products without any concerns. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you for choosing Pampered Chef!Best,

What is stoneware and how does it differ from other types of bakeware?

Stoneware is a type of ceramic material that is used for baking and cooking. It is made from natural clay that is fired at a high temperature, resulting in a durable and non-porous surface. Unlike metal or glass bakeware, stoneware retains heat and distributes it evenly, resulting in more evenly cooked food.

Is stoneware safe to use in the oven?

Yes, stoneware is safe to use in the oven as long as it is properly cared for and not subjected to extreme temperature changes. It is also safe to use in the microwave, freezer, and dishwasher.

How do I season my stoneware?

Seasoning stoneware is not necessary, but it can help prevent food from sticking and improve the non-stick properties of the surface. To season, simply rub a small amount of cooking oil on the surface of the stoneware and bake it in the oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Let it cool before using.

Can I use metal utensils on my stoneware?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils on stoneware as they can scratch or damage the surface. Instead, use wooden, silicone, or nylon utensils to protect the stoneware.

How do I clean my stoneware?

To clean stoneware, simply use warm water and a gentle dish soap. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers, as they can damage the surface. If there are stubborn stains, you can soak the stoneware in warm water and baking soda before scrubbing with a non-abrasive sponge.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlisa08
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • lisasfuncooking
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • algdoughty