• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Remove Stains from My Stoneware Pan?

had a problem today. She baked sliced garlic and butter glazed red potatos in her large bar pan. It took about 35-40 to cook and when she removed the potatos there were rings around where they had been laying. Mary let her pan cool down and then went to scrape it with hot water. The rings would not remove from the stoneware surface. Mary is new to this and aware of the seasoning process but all of the pieces she has seen that have been well broken in have not had this type of 'stain' to them. There are literaly small 'stains' where you can see the outline where the potato had been. Mary has used it a bit since she recieved it in her kit and it
MainStChef
I ran into a problem today. I baked sliced garlic and butter glazed red potatos in my large bar pan. It took about 35-40 to cook and when I removed the potatos there were rings around where they had been laying. I let my pan cool down and then went to scrape it with hot water. The rings would not remove from the stoneware surface. I am new at this and aware of the seasoning process but all of the pieces I have seen that have been well broken in have not had this type of 'stain' to them. There are literaly small 'stains' where you can see the outline where the potato had been. I have used it a bit since I recieved it in my kit and it has always scraped clean while still getting darker in color. I am a little concerned about it because I can not get then to go away. Is this normal? Is there anything else that is stoneware safe to use on the surface for tougher stains without harming the natural process? Each time I would try to scrape it I ended up with a film that would develope on the bottom of my scraper that was very oily and thick in nature. I would have to wipe it off before I could continue. HELP!! :confused:

I have a few spots on my lg round from some cookies I made one time... hasn't affected the stone from what I can tell.
If you want to "deep clean" your stone, you can mix baking soda and hot water to make a paste. Spread on, leave on for a bit and rinse off with more hot water.

Try using a baking soda paste and scrub it with a brush.

Oh Katie we posted at the same time!!

It's fine. I have a few marks like that and they fade over time.

mine do that from biscuits. You can see the little rings. They go away.

Your stone is fine. It's just where the concentrated fats were from what you were cooking. Some food leave rings, they will fill in over time.

Mary

Hi there,I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your stoneware. It's possible that the garlic and butter mixture caused the rings and stains on the surface of the pan. I recommend using a stoneware cleaning brush or scraper to gently scrub away the stains. If that doesn't work, you can also try using a paste of baking soda and water to help remove the stains.As for the oily film that develops on your scraper, that is normal and is a result of the natural seasoning process of stoneware. You can simply wipe it off with a paper towel or cloth before continuing to clean the pan.If the stains and rings persist, please reach out to our customer service team for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional tips and tricks for cleaning your stoneware.I hope this helps and that you're able to get your stoneware back to its beautiful, seasoned state. Happy cooking!

1. What is the best way to clean my stoneware?

The best way to clean your stoneware is to use hot water and a nylon scraper to remove any stuck-on food. Avoid using soap, as it can be absorbed into the stoneware and affect the taste of your food. If necessary, you can use a small amount of baking soda to help remove stains.

2. Why is my stoneware sticking and how can I prevent it?

Stoneware can stick if it is not seasoned properly or if it is not preheated before use. To prevent sticking, make sure to follow the seasoning instructions provided with your stoneware and always preheat it in the oven before adding food.

3. Can I use my stoneware in the microwave?

No, stoneware is not recommended for use in the microwave as it can cause uneven heating and potentially damage the stoneware. It is safe to use in the oven and on the stovetop.

4. How can I prevent my stoneware from cracking?

To prevent cracking, make sure to always place your stoneware in a cold oven and allow it to preheat with the oven. Avoid drastic temperature changes, such as placing hot stoneware on a cold surface. Also, always allow your stoneware to cool completely before cleaning or adding more food.

5. Can I put my stoneware in the dishwasher?

No, stoneware should not be put in the dishwasher as it can cause damage to the stoneware and affect its performance. Hand-washing with hot water and a nylon scraper is the best way to clean stoneware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Traci loves tocook
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • ChefKeender
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies