1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Stoneware piece

  1. Shawnna

    Shawnna Senior Member Gold Member

    I have a customer who has pieces of a broken stoneware product. She insists she bought it from me several years ago. I can't find it on my computer...I definately know it was over 3 years ago so I wouldn't have a copy of the paper receipt...but I have had computer problems. Anyway, the piece looks like a mini deep dish baker. It isn't as big around as a plate, and about as deep as the deep dish baker. She says it holds one package of cornbread mix. It is not a glazed piece. I have been selling PC for about 10 years and I don't remember this piece. Do any of you have any ideas? Do any of you have one of these you might want to sell? Thanks in advance for all your help.
    Nov 9, 2009
  2. Jolie_Paradoxe

    Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

    Ask if she has her receipt....most likely doesn't. Let her know PC usually requires one. Then offer to try and help... Ask her under which host name she ordered. You can then call HO and have them research by host name and then her name. If it's past the 3 years, then she'll have to purchase a new one.
  3. ShellBeach

    ShellBeach Veteran Member

    Sounds like the old stoneware baking bowl:

    She doesn't expect it to be replaced, does she? For some reason, lots of folks seem to think the stoneware (or all PC products, when it comes down to it!) comes with a lifetime guarantee.

    I think the deep covered baker is the closet thing to it in the current product line.
    Nov 10, 2009
  4. jwpamp

    jwpamp Veteran Member

    If any of my customers have a piece that I did not sell them (or if you couldn't find documentation of in your files) I send them directly to the company and let them handle it.

    The company is in charge of all returns. That is why the info is on the back of each receipt. When you handle the return, it's just good customer service. I have sent MANY to the 1-888 number!!

    As for replacement if she wants, you can check yahoo's Let's Make a Deal or the Marketplace here. I have had a ton of luck on both!
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
    Nov 10, 2009
  5. chefann

    chefann Legend Member Gold Member

    Sounds like the mini baker. Waaaay back, there was an unglazed version, but it was otherwise similar to the glazed one in the catalog now. It would absolutely be out of the guarantee period. Give the customer the toll-free customer service number and have her call. You can let her know that it'll be easier for her to work with cust. svc. than for you to keep coming back to her to get more info (which is absolutely true).
    Nov 10, 2009
  6. Shawnna

    Shawnna Senior Member Gold Member

    Oh...she doesn't have her receipt and after I saw it I told her it was very old...I don't even remember seeing one before. She says she ordered it from me so it must have been at one of my very first parties. She knows it is no longer available...and she didn't seem interested in the glazed one. I told her I would bring my glazed on by for her to see. She just wants another one and told me what she would be willing to pay.

    Oh and it is definately not the ddb lid/bowl. Its way too big. It has to be a mini-ddb. So, if anyone has one stashed somewhere let me know.
    Nov 10, 2009
  7. EpTxGuy

    EpTxGuy Member

    Wish you could post a pic of the piece. It would be kinda fun to play "figure out the retired piece of stoneware" :)
    Nov 10, 2009
  8. Ginger428

    Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

    Many years ago the DDB was not glazed & its a little smaller ( not as small as the mini) also I don't think its as deep either...HTH
    Nov 10, 2009
Have something to add?