• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stoneware or Sheet Pans - Which Do You Use?

I just really like the way the cookies come out on the metal pans. No spreading, they're big and fluffy, and I don't have to worry about them sticking.
kcjodih
Gold Member
Okay so I'm a die-hard stoneware lover :) I have a rectangle stone plus 3 large bar pans and I also have the cookie sheet and medium and large sheet pans which I've never used. I'm about to start my 2 day cookie marathon (after I get some sleep - worked nights and just got home) and was wondering what everyone else uses. Do you still use your stoneware? Do you now use the sheet pans and if so, why? Or do you use both and if so, is there a difference - say with the exact same recipe but putting some on both stoneware and the sheet pan, any difference?

My personal preference for cookies are sheet pans..but that is just me..for some reason I usually burn cookies on the stones..and I am not sure why.

Depends on what's on top of the stack in the cupboard. :) When I'm making just a few cookies, I do prefer the sheet pans (or cookie sheet) because they heat up faster and I don't have to add a few minutes to account for the stone. But if I'm doing a bunch of cookies, I use stones because I have more of them. (I load up all 3 of my flat stones before I put the first one in the oven, and then use the bake time from that first set of bake times to wash tools.)I recently made a batch of my Grandma's anise cookies. They have to sit out overnight before baking. I did use the sheet pans for those because I could stack them by rotating them 90˚ instead of having them take up the whole counter.

Love the metal cookie sheets! I prefer to use them over the stones.

I love the cookie sheets, the cookies don't flatten out so they are big and chewy. I was a die hared stone user until I made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies a couple of months ago and decided to try my cookie sheet I had gotten from SAT...love it!

I agree with most- I love our cookie sheets, I especially love them with the parchement. They don't spread out as much as they do with the stones. Love love love them, I have all the sheet pans and 2 of the cookie sheets!
Mara

I don't have the sheet pans, but I do not like using stones for cookies. For some reason, they never turn out for me. Only if I do cookie bars, then I use my bar pan.

Interesting. For cookies I use the stones almost exclusively. I love them.

For those who are experiencing cookies spreading on stones, there are a couple of things that will affect that. First, make sure the stone is completely cooled before you put more cookies on it, unless it's heading into the oven immediately (that's where putting cookies on parchment is handy). The residual heat will start to melt the butter in the cookies (making them spread). Secondly, chill the dough. If you like puffy or thick cookies, always chill the dough before putting it in the oven. That will affect how the cookies react to the heat of the oven.

At our last cluster meeting we used the cookie press on both the stones & the sheet pans....they came out MUCH better on the stones. Honestly, the only sheet pan that I use is the small one in my toaster oven...I LOVE the stones!!!

I use the stones 90% of the time. Hubby will pull out the sheet pans to heat something frozen, but he covers them with foil for easy clean up! LOL Very rarely do we put something straight on the metal pans, we are still in the "foil" mode around here.Cookies are ALWAYS on my stones. I haven't even tried the cookie sheet yet, even though I own it. Hmmm, I'll have to TRY it! LOL

I still use my stones more, I don't even think about it. I have used my sheet pans, but only for cookies and only when I made myself consciously think about it. I did use both to demonstrate the difference with chocoloate chip cookies. I did use parch. paper on the sheet pan, but both cookies turned out good - just different. I like my cookies to have a bit of a crunch on the edges and the sheet pans make the cookies softer. I think it's just a personal preference (which is probably why PC decided to offer both!!!!)

I have all the metal pans and have only used ONE once! I almost exclusively use stoneware, no matter what I'm baking. But, especially for cookies!!!!

I LOVE our metal sheet pans for making cookies. I used to use only stoneware but I like how my cookies turn out on the metal more.

Call me a PC traitor, but I bake exclusively on (gasp!) Airbakes. The reason? Stoneware stays way too hot, the "vintage" cookie press does not stick as well to my seasoned stone, and the biggest reason ... I cannot trust the stone not to have nut oils.I'd use the PC sheets if I had them.

I like both for everything I have no preferences actually to tell ya the truth

Usually I will use stones. For Christmas, I did use both stones and the cookie sheet. Both did well.

And Airbakes...sorry...the only pan I have ever hated. (please don't hate me for hating your pan;))

So this thread really shows us...to each their own and that is why PC was so smart to bring on the metal bakeware too.

The last party I did, the host requested that I make the Asian Noodle Skillet. I had a loyal customer of our non stick cookware say...oh no, you are going to make me love a whole new pan aren't you??!!! I thought that was a great testament to the quality of our products!

Di_Can_Cook said:
Call me a PC traitor, but I bake exclusively on (gasp!) Airbakes. The reason? Stoneware stays way too hot, the "vintage" cookie press does not stick as well to my seasoned stone, and the biggest reason ... I cannot trust the stone not to have nut oils.

I'd use the PC sheets if I had them.

But if you're the only one who has used the stone and you have not used any nuts on it ever, there shouldn't be a problem.

Have not tried the metal yet for cookies, but I'm planning on using them in the next few days.

1. What is the difference between stoneware and sheet pans?

Stoneware is made from natural clay and is typically unglazed, while sheet pans are made from metal and have a non-stick coating. Stoneware is known for its ability to distribute heat evenly, while sheet pans are better for browning and crisping.

2. Can I use stoneware and sheet pans interchangeably?

While both stoneware and sheet pans can be used for baking, they have different properties and may yield different results. It is best to use stoneware for recipes that require even heat distribution, and sheet pans for recipes that need browning or crisping.

3. How do I care for my stoneware and sheet pans?

Stoneware should be seasoned before its first use and should not be washed with soap. Simply rinse with hot water and use a scraper to remove any food residue. Sheet pans can be washed with soap and water, but should be dried thoroughly to prevent rusting.

4. Which pan is better for making cookies?

Both stoneware and sheet pans can be used for making cookies, but stoneware may result in a chewier cookie while sheet pans can produce a crispier cookie. It ultimately depends on personal preference.

5. Can I use stoneware and sheet pans in the oven at the same time?

Yes, you can use both stoneware and sheet pans in the oven at the same time. However, be sure to leave enough space between the pans for proper air circulation to ensure even baking. It is also important to note that stoneware may require a longer baking time than sheet pans.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RaniaTreadwell
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
carlajanes
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • chef greta
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies