• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Oil Oozing from My Bar Pan - Has Anyone Experienced This?

In summary, if oil is oozing from your bar pan, it could be due to improper seasoning, high-fat foods, or incorrect cooking temperature. To prevent this, make sure to properly season the pan, avoid high-fat foods, and use it at the recommended temperature. You can still use the pan if oil is oozing, but it is best to clean and re-season it first. To clean the pan, let it cool before washing with hot soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge. If you are not satisfied with your bar pan, you can return it to Pampered Chef for a refund or exchange.
lanelly7
I just received this e-mail from a customer... Has anyone dealt with this before? Thanks so much!

"I bought the large bar pan from you awhile back and it has yet to get that nice dark smooth seasoning finish to it. The problem is, it oozes oil out the top side and the bottom side(!) of the pan when it gets hot. I guess there is oil trapped in there and even though it seems to be clean, when I use it again, it seems to work its way out of the pores of the pan. Have you heard of this happening? What can I do to remedy it?"

I don't know for sure, but it sounds like she might have a hairline fracture in it.... if it's still under warranty I would do an adjustment for it. I have also heard of people that use it for bacon having that problem, but not everyone so I don't know if that's it or not. Either way, I'd do an adjustment...

I haven't had it happen, but there have been posts about that issue. I think (if I remember correctly) that the consensus was that there are probably miniscule fractures in the stone that are allowing oil to seemingly "absorb" and then be released at a later time. I'd have your customer exchange it for a new one so that she doesn't have problems in the future.

1. Why is oil oozing from my bar pan?

This can happen if the pan has not been properly seasoned or if it has been used to cook high-fat foods. It can also occur if the pan is not being used at the correct temperature.

2. How do I prevent oil from oozing from my bar pan?

To prevent oil from oozing, make sure to properly season your bar pan before use. Avoid using high-fat foods in the pan and make sure to use it at the recommended temperature for the recipe you are cooking.

3. Can I still use my bar pan if oil is oozing from it?

Yes, you can still use your bar pan if oil is oozing from it. However, it is best to clean the pan and re-season it before using it again.

4. How do I clean my bar pan if oil has oozed from it?

To clean your bar pan, let it cool completely before washing it with hot soapy water. Use a non-abrasive sponge or cloth to gently scrub away any oil residue. Rinse the pan thoroughly and dry it completely before storing.

5. Can I return my bar pan if oil is oozing from it?

Yes, if you are not satisfied with your bar pan, you can return it to Pampered Chef for a refund or exchange. Please contact our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Traci loves tocook
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • mrshamel3808
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • aPamperedBride