1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Stoneware Oozing Oil?

1. I just received this e-mail from a customer... Has anyone dealt with this before? Thanks so much!

"I bought the large bar pan from you awhile back and it has yet to get that nice dark smooth seasoning finish to it. The problem is, it oozes oil out the top side and the bottom side(!) of the pan when it gets hot. I guess there is oil trapped in there and even though it seems to be clean, when I use it again, it seems to work its way out of the pores of the pan. Have you heard of this happening? What can I do to remedy it?"

Mar 10, 2009
  2. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

I don't know for sure, but it sounds like she might have a hairline fracture in it.... if it's still under warranty I would do an adjustment for it. I have also heard of people that use it for bacon having that problem, but not everyone so I don't know if that's it or not. Either way, I'd do an adjustment...

Mar 10, 2009
  3. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

I haven't had it happen, but there have been posts about that issue. I think (if I remember correctly) that the consensus was that there are probably miniscule fractures in the stone that are allowing oil to seemingly "absorb" and then be released at a later time. I'd have your customer exchange it for a new one so that she doesn't have problems in the future.

Mar 10, 2009
Have something to add?