• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Stoneware Muffin Pan Problems

In summary, my mom told me that she is having problems with muffins sticking inside of their stoneware muffin pan. I asked and found out that my dad has been washing it with
BethanyN
My mom told me that she is having problems with muffins sticking inside of their stoneware muffin pan. I asked and found out that my dad has been washing it with soap, which I assume is the problem, and I told them to only use hot water and the scraper to clean it. But she insists that they still stick even after times when they have washed it without soap. I'm assuming that the problem is just the soap and that after a few times of use without using soap, the problem will go away, but just to make sure, is there anything else I should tell her?

She should lightly grease the cups in the pan. Either with butter, shortening or a baking spray with flour. The pan will become non-stick after a few uses.

I always lightly spray my pans- even after several uses. She could also make mini-meatloaf cups...that will REALLY season it. :) (I also prefer to use liners- but that's my preference!)She may want to try washing it with a baking soda paste to remove any residual soap...then start the seasoning process as if it was a new stone.

Yeah, I'd do a baking soda paste and scrub it in real good with my fingertips. Then I'd use the Baker's Joy (flour w/ spray) every time it's used, or use shortening/vegetable oil for savory items. Mini meatloaf cups would be really great to do to season them. Or bacon-wrapped bites of some sort: around dates or water chestnuts for appetizers, or around varied meats (see those at the meat department in the grocery store).I've never had anything stick to mine and I usually just clean it with the easy clean kitchen brush. Sometimes, I let a little water sit in each cup for just a bit before I wash it, too, to soften up anything.

I grease the cups and use the kitchen brush...or just use cupcake liners.

Yep, I oil mine, too.

I know I don't need to do it now, but I did for a while.

She may want to try washing it with a baking soda paste to remove any residual soap

This is exactly what my director suggested when I said my hubby had accidently cleaned my stoneware with soap.

1. Why are my muffins sticking to the pan?

There are a few possible reasons for this. Make sure to properly grease your pan before baking. Also, avoid using non-stick spray as it can create a buildup on the pan. Another reason may be that your pan is not fully seasoned, so try baking a few batches before expecting non-stick results.

2. How do I clean my stoneware muffin pan?

You can clean your stoneware muffin pan with hot water and a gentle scrub brush or sponge. Avoid using soap as it can damage the seasoning. If there are stubborn stains or burnt bits, you can use a paste of baking soda and water to gently scrub the pan.

3. Can I use metal utensils on my stoneware muffin pan?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils on stoneware as they can scratch the surface and damage the seasoning. It is best to use silicone, nylon, or wooden utensils instead.

4. How do I prevent my muffins from burning on the bottom?

Make sure to preheat your oven and place your stoneware muffin pan on a middle rack. You can also try reducing the oven temperature by 25 degrees and baking for a few minutes longer. If your muffins are still burning on the bottom, try placing a baking sheet or parchment paper underneath the pan.

5. Can I use my stoneware muffin pan in the microwave?

No, stoneware is not suitable for use in the microwave as it can cause uneven heating and potentially damage the pan. It is best to stick to using stoneware in conventional ovens only.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nikkies
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • kcjodih
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
chefliz
  • aPamperedBride