• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stoneware Muffin Pan: Tips for Preventing Sticking with Oil

S
sfdavis918
I had a host today that made muffins in her stoneware muffin pan. She said that she always has to use oil or the muffins will stick. I looked at her stone and it looked a little strange. The top flat surface of the pan was discoloring like it should but the actual muffin cups were still the same color as brand new. She said she uses it all the time. Is this normal?

my rectangular baker is starting to look seasoned you would never guess that I use it all the time and I have had it for over 1 1/2 yrs

that is normal, stoneware takes on more color in the areas that the food is not. So the cups have not changed as much because the muffins are in there

Does she use nonstick spray? If so, that is what is wrong...there are a couple of types of seasoning recipes we use. One of the best for the muffin pan is to curl bacon, fat side down, in each cup and bake at 400 for 30 minutes or until done.

.....or do a search for seasoning - there's an awesome method using salt and Crisco that is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

Kate I will have to do the bacon idea.

Here is the seasoning "recipe"...Thanks again to Scott!

It works SUPER!

Attachments

• SEASONING stoneware from Backus.doc
    26 KB · Views: 791
I usually tell people who have questions on how to season the muffin pans or the mini-loaf pan to make meatloaf (or meatballs) in them. If they won't use them all for dinner they can freeze some and have them for a dinner on a "crunch" night.

I have never heard of that seasoning recipe! Thanks for sharing! I will have to try that with my newer pieces!!

Thanks everyone! I just sent an email to my host to try these ideas.

I tried the seasoning recipe on my new bar pan and it worked like a charm!

Thanks for the seasoning recipe, Kelly. I've had trouble with my muffins sticking in my stoneware muffin pans too. Maybe I could do up a little card and give it to customers who buy the stoneware muffin pans.....

KellyTheChef said:
Here is the seasoning "recipe"...Thanks again to Scott!

It works SUPER!

thanks Kelly.....I knew it was here somewhere.

You are all welcome...thanks goes to Scott for the recipe and idea (oh, and his Grandma!! LOL)

That seasoning procedure is especially nice for stones with small grooves like the mini fluted pan and the regular size fluted stone! But, it works well with ANY stone. Just be careful if doing a flat stone that you don't put too much on...it will melt and run off...that would be a bad thing!! I pretty much only recommend this on stones with SIDES so that can't happen!

Mine looks like that also. Thank you for the seasoning tips. I will try it the next time I make muffins.

Shannon

1. Can I use a stoneware muffin pan without oil and still prevent sticking?

While some stoneware muffin pans may claim to be non-stick, it is still recommended to use a small amount of oil or cooking spray to ensure that the muffins do not stick to the pan. This is especially important for pans that are not seasoned or well-used.

2. Why is my stoneware muffin pan discoloring on the top surface?

Discoloration on the top surface of a stoneware muffin pan is normal and is a result of the natural oils and fats from the food being cooked. This is a sign that the pan is being well-seasoned and will help prevent sticking in the future.

3. How often should I season my stoneware muffin pan?

It is recommended to season a stoneware muffin pan every few uses or whenever you notice the top surface starting to lose its color. This will help maintain the non-stick properties of the pan and prevent food from sticking.

4. Can I use soap to clean my stoneware muffin pan?

No, it is not recommended to use soap on stoneware as it can strip away the natural oils and fats that help prevent sticking. Instead, use hot water and a non-abrasive brush or scraper to clean the pan. Avoid using metal utensils as they can scratch the surface of the pan.

5. Is it normal for the muffin cups in a stoneware muffin pan to remain the same color as brand new?

Yes, this is normal. As the top surface of the pan is being seasoned and develops a darker color, the muffin cups may still appear the same as when the pan was brand new. As long as the pan is well-seasoned and the muffins do not stick, there is no need to be concerned about the color of the cups.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• aPamperedBride
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pctharper
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
pctharper
  • BethanyN