• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Seasoning Your Muffin Pan: Tips & Tricks from Carey

In summary, this recipe uses cream cheese, chicken, corn, cheddar, and biscuits to create a tasty chicken muffin.
CareyWeimer
Hi all!
Any suggestions for "seasoning" the muffin pan. I have had several customers buy this pan and they have had trouble with sticking despite using "lots of oil". Thanks in advance. Carey

make mini meatloaves in your muffin pan or try a recipe that uses refrigerated biscuits - the kind in the roll in the dairy case of your local store. Anything with a lot of fat content will help. I personally oil all of my pans with sides - bar pan, loaf pan, etc if I am cooking something that will be touching the sides of a pan...cake, bread, etc. Hope this helps.

Shawnna

I have some problem with my muffin pan and was wondering if anybody could help. When I bought my muffin pan and start baking with it, I spray it with oil so that was what I was tought so that I can season it, I did it for a couple of times and my muffun ALWAYS stick to the pan and also when I bake banana muffin (with real peel banana) it look like they don't cook enough I even let the cook for 20 min more the it was require to see if that will make any difference and it doesn't.
Thanks

I'm hoping for some suggestions here, since I'm about to get the muffin pan during my kit enhancement!

I spray the muffin cups with oil and remove the muffins within 5 minutes of taking them from the oven and never have a problem. The only time they have ever stuck was when I forgot them and they cooled before I removed them.

PAm with flourI use Pam with Flour spray when I used my muffin pan in the beginning and did not have a problem. Make sure you remove them from the pan within 5 minutes, that makes a huge difference since the stones retain heat for so long, your food keeps cooking...and sticking.

Awesome Recipe For Muffin Pan- Seasons It Too!One of the members in my cluster made these at our last meeting and then I made them for dinner the following week. They are very tasty and would make an excellent show demo!

Easy Chicken Muffins
8 oz. cream cheese
4 T. mayo
1 ½ Cups chopped chicken or 10 oz. can chicken
12 oz. Mexican corn
1 cup shredded cheddar
½ cup chopped onion
2 – 10 oz. cans Golden Layers Biscuits

Soften cream cheese, combine with next five ingredients. Place ½ of one biscuit in muffin pan. Scoop cheese filling on biscuit and top with other half of biscuit. Continue until all muffin cups are full. Bake at 400 degrees for 11-12 min. Note: this recipe can also be prepared in square baker using one can of biscuits on bottom and other on top of filling, for a more casserole type of display.

Hi Carey,Thank you for reaching out with your question about seasoning your muffin pan. I have a few tips and tricks that may help with preventing sticking.First, make sure you are using a high-quality non-stick muffin pan. This will make a big difference in how your muffins release from the pan.Second, try using a cooking spray specifically designed for baking, as it will have a higher heat tolerance and be less likely to burn. Alternatively, you can use a light coating of vegetable oil or melted butter.Another trick is to sprinkle a small amount of flour or cornmeal in the bottom of each muffin cup before adding your batter. This will create a barrier between the batter and the pan, helping to prevent sticking.Lastly, be sure to let your muffins cool for a few minutes before attempting to remove them from the pan. This will allow the steam to escape and the muffins to set, making them easier to remove.I hope these tips help with your customers' sticking issue. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.Happy baking!Best,

Pampered Chef Consultant

1. How do I properly season my muffin pan?

To properly season your muffin pan, start by washing it with warm, soapy water and drying it thoroughly. Next, use a paper towel to apply a thin layer of oil or cooking spray to the entire surface of the pan, including the cups and the top edge. Place the pan in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes. Let it cool before removing it from the oven and wiping off any excess oil. Your pan is now ready to use!

2. Can I use any type of oil to season my muffin pan?

Yes, you can use any type of oil to season your muffin pan. Some popular options include vegetable, canola, or coconut oil. You can also use cooking spray, which is a convenient and mess-free option.

3. How often should I season my muffin pan?

It is recommended to season your muffin pan before its first use, and then periodically as needed. If you notice the pan sticking or the non-stick coating wearing off, it may be time to re-season it.

4. Can I use my non-stick muffin pan without seasoning it?

Yes, you can use your non-stick muffin pan without seasoning it. However, seasoning can help prolong the life of the non-stick coating and prevent sticking, so it is recommended to season the pan before use.

5. Is there a way to season my muffin pan without using oil?

If you are looking for a healthier alternative to oil, you can try using melted butter or a mixture of melted butter and flour. Simply brush a thin layer onto the pan and bake it in the oven as usual. This will create a natural non-stick coating on the pan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
chefliz
  • pctharper
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
pctharper
  • sfdavis918